Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Date Tsunomori should be added as a boss

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Good day!

I had some thoughts about Date Tsunomori, that respected Samoorai Yuji mentioned in "Everyone Loves A Party" & "Shogun Wedding" while in MooShu, & I said to myself, "Doesn't he appear in MooShu at all? Shouldn't he be a boss? Why didn't he appear after we crashed Takeda Moomori's wedding?".

This led me to my suggestion, I think you should add Date Tsunomori as a boss enemy, both in Moomori Clanhold as it's last boss in that instance's last battle during "Only a Moomori", & a recurring boss in Khotan's Khotan Barracks, during "Tso Not Ready", stronger than before.

Here's what I would think of adding Date Tsunomori as a boss, in both instances...

Date Tsunomori (Moomori Clanhold)
Speech: "Halt! You dare infiltrate the wedding and sabotage it, with that duplicate of MY invitation?! This had the Yakooza written all over it, literally! Forgery! Trickery! Deception! This is unacceptable! I return home early to my mansion, only to find that Yakooza agent, Yuji, trying to return my invitation that you stole from my hands, while it's envelope was already open! I tried to slice him, but he clashed back and fled fast, and I couldn't catch up to him! Now, here, I arrived to find the wedding already in ruin! You, vile outlanders, are responsible for this uprising, but you will never leave this place alive! Once I end you, I will see to it that the Yakooza will end, at the hands of my hero, General Tso himself! Warriors, you've failed him many times! Destroy the wedding crashers, or you will all face Tso's wrath! KI-YAI!!!"
Level 39 - Samoorai Warrior ()
Boss
2,150 Health
Vengeance Strike (Rank 1)
Blade Storm (Rank 2)
Cheap Shot (Rank 1)
Turn the Tide (Rank 2)
Victory Condition: Defeat Date Tsunomori

Date Tsunomori (Khotan)
Speech: "Once more, our paths cross, wedding crashers. You have humiliated me, and disrespected me from my honor towards General Tso! He was enraged at me for my failure! He sent me here to guard the barracks & this key to his fortress from any who dare to take it from me. Now, you seek to end Tso by taking the fight to him in his own fortress. This will not be done! Today, I will reclaim my honor to Tso, and have my vengeance, for humiliating me, and ruining Takeda's wedding! You will never steal this key from me and reach him! Today, you will all die, in the name of General Tso!! KI-YAI!!!!"
Level 41 - Samoorai Warrior ()
Boss
2,570 Health
Vengeance Strike (Rank 2)
Blade Storm (Rank 2)
Cheap Shot (Rank 1)
Turn the Tide (Rank 2)
Boss Cheat(Khotan only): Every 4 rounds, he brings out 2 lesser Samoorai enemies & continues on until defeated. Cheat Speech: "This indignity will not stand, outlanders! We will swarm you all in the crossfire! Warriors, surround them!"

I think Date Tsunomori would suit well as a boss enemy added in both instances. What do you think, Pirates? Would you like to face him in MooShu? Would make these instances a bit interesting.

Thanks again for listening!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trimond297 on Nov 15, 2015 wrote:
Good day!

I had some thoughts about Date Tsunomori, that respected Samoorai Yuji mentioned in "Everyone Loves A Party" & "Shogun Wedding" while in MooShu, & I said to myself, "Doesn't he appear in MooShu at all? Shouldn't he be a boss? Why didn't he appear after we crashed Takeda Moomori's wedding?".

This led me to my suggestion, I think you should add Date Tsunomori as a boss enemy, both in Moomori Clanhold as it's last boss in that instance's last battle during "Only a Moomori", & a recurring boss in Khotan's Khotan Barracks, during "Tso Not Ready", stronger than before.

Here's what I would think of adding Date Tsunomori as a boss, in both instances...

Date Tsunomori (Moomori Clanhold)
Speech: "Halt! You dare infiltrate the wedding and sabotage it, with that duplicate of MY invitation?! This had the Yakooza written all over it, literally! Forgery! Trickery! Deception! This is unacceptable! I return home early to my mansion, only to find that Yakooza agent, Yuji, trying to return my invitation that you stole from my hands, while it's envelope was already open! I tried to slice him, but he clashed back and fled fast, and I couldn't catch up to him! Now, here, I arrived to find the wedding already in ruin! You, vile outlanders, are responsible for this uprising, but you will never leave this place alive! Once I end you, I will see to it that the Yakooza will end, at the hands of my hero, General Tso himself! Warriors, you've failed him many times! Destroy the wedding crashers, or you will all face Tso's wrath! KI-YAI!!!"
Level 39 - Samoorai Warrior ()
Boss
2,150 Health
Vengeance Strike (Rank 1)
Blade Storm (Rank 2)
Cheap Shot (Rank 1)
Turn the Tide (Rank 2)

Date Tsunomori (Khotan)
Speech: "Once more, our paths cross, wedding crashers. You have humiliated me, and disrespected me from my honor towards General Tso! He was enraged at me for my failure! He sent me here to guard the barracks & this key to his fortress from any who dare to take it from me. Now, you seek to end Tso by taking the fight to him in his own fortress. This will not be done! Today, I will reclaim my honor to Tso, and have my vengeance, for humiliating me, and ruining Takeda's wedding! You will never steal this key from me and reach him! Today, you will all die, in the name of General Tso!! KI-YAI!!!!"
Level 41 - Samoorai Warrior ()
Boss
2,570 Health
Vengeance Strike (Rank 2)
Blade Storm (Rank 2)
Cheap Shot (Rank 1)
Turn the Tide (Rank 2)
Boss Cheat(Khotan only): Every 4 rounds, he brings out 2 lesser Samoorai enemies & continues on until defeated. Cheat Speech: "This indignity will not stand, outlanders! We will swarm you all in the crossfire! Warriors, surround them!"

I think Date Tsunomori would suit well as a boss enemy added in both instances. What do you think, Pirates? Would you like to face him in MooShu? Would make these instances a bit interesting.

Thanks again for listening!
Meh, why? When KI added those extra battles in the Moomori Clan hold they ruined a funny instance; go in steal a gift, write insulting graffiti, then ruin a boring Kowbooki play. I don't think any thing needs to be added.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Nov 15, 2015 wrote:
Meh, why? When KI added those extra battles in the Moomori Clan hold they ruined a funny instance; go in steal a gift, write insulting graffiti, then ruin a boring Kowbooki play. I don't think any thing needs to be added.
Perhaps you might have misunderstood a bit, anecorbie.

I meant to say that Date Tsunomori should only be added in the Moomori Clanhold as the new boss in the instance's fifth & last battle, in place with the Samoorai enemies blocking the path to the gate where we came in through, not add in another battle after defeating the Samoorai enemies. That instance currently doesn't have a boss there, so, I thought I may as well ask KI to add him as the instance's boss there in the fifth battle as a change, not add another battle with the boss after defeating the Samoorai blocking the exit in the instance's fifth battle.

My thoughts on Date as a boss as a change to the instance's last battle would be that he was enraged to find his invitation and seeing us with the copy made by the Yakooza & trying to stop us in General Tso's name, in response to seeing their scheme in effect. You don't think he would notice it once he returned home early, did you? I'm certain he would.

Just so you know, KI did not ruin that instance. They only extended it, remember? I really liked it, and I have no problem with it. I just adjusted to it, & I'm content with it. It's about acceptance & adjustment. I went through it on my Privateer pirate with no problem at all. And it still remains humorous.

Having Date Tsunomori as a recurring boss in Khotan's Barracks, also a change in that instance's battle in the barracks, should also have him attempt to gain revenge against us pirates for defeating him in place of the Samoorai enemies in that instance's battle should set the stage as his one chance to redeem himself for Tso, with a boss cheat to make it a bit more challenging. The victory condition of defeating Date in these battles against him should also be present, too.

Honestly, I don't see Date at all in Khotan, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't ask KI to add him as a boss in both instances.

These suggestions are merely changes, & there's nothing wrong with being a bit creative with changes.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Egg shen won't tell me what they say......not with the lady present.....

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
I'd rather fight him in his house once, if at all.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Fearless Finnagan on Nov 17, 2015 wrote:
I'd rather fight him in his house once, if at all.
Well Finnagan, if we fought him in his house, then our scheme on entering the wedding with a forged invitation would have been exposed.
Everyone seems to be assuming that because Tsunmori was invited, he must be a supporter of Tso. But what if he was invited because he is a noble samoorai and Tso is courting his support? We have no evidence that Tsunomori was going to attend ( we certainly didn't see him there ) so maybe Tsunomori recognizes Tso as an evil, dishonorable man and decided not to attend. ( With regrets, of course. )

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Nov 17, 2015 wrote:
Well Finnagan, if we fought him in his house, then our scheme on entering the wedding with a forged invitation would have been exposed.
Everyone seems to be assuming that because Tsunmori was invited, he must be a supporter of Tso. But what if he was invited because he is a noble samoorai and Tso is courting his support? We have no evidence that Tsunomori was going to attend ( we certainly didn't see him there ) so maybe Tsunomori recognizes Tso as an evil, dishonorable man and decided not to attend. ( With regrets, of course. )
Duh. That would have ruined everything if Tsunomori arrived too early. My point of him arriving to see Yuji return his invitation while the envelope was open forge an everlasting hatred to us Pirates for using a forged copy of his invitation from the Yakooza, after finding Takeda's wedding in ruin by us. Him preventing our escape at the gate where we went in would be the proper place for him to be a boss in the Moomori Clanhold, which would solidify the idea of his attempt to stop us before word of crashing Takeda's wedding would spread & keep it silent.

Tsunomori is probably one of General Tso's best supporters & no doubt Tso's been secretly giving him some smuggled stolen gold & goods from the villagers, the poor, & even on some occasions, the rich, to enforce his crooked purposes to rule all of MooShu for himself, & Tsunomori would be promised a place in his reign once he took out the ailing Emperor Yoshihito in his Imperial Palace with Takeda at his side. A matter of bribing & manipulation through the promise of riches is what he would do to him & bound to Tso's will.

Those are my possible presumations about Tsunomori's loyal-bound allegiance with Tso.

Tsunomori would no doubt be completely loyal to Tso's will & will do his orders & commence them in his name. And even after his defeat, his redemption would be his one chance to try to exact revenge against us for defeating & humiliating him, ruining Takeda's wedding & trashing Tso's name, whereas his name was already bad enough to begin with, anyway.

Just because Date Tsunomori is a respected Samoorai doesn't mean he isn't sharp enough to recognize the true nature in General Tso's true purposes, despite the truth about him spreading out. In his mind, he still considered Tso his hero, no matter what many say about him.

I can say that having him as a boss in Moomori Clanhold & a recurring boss in Khotan would be appropriate to face him there.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trimond297 on Nov 18, 2015 wrote:
Duh. That would have ruined everything if Tsunomori arrived too early. My point of him arriving to see Yuji return his invitation while the envelope was open forge an everlasting hatred to us Pirates for using a forged copy of his invitation from the Yakooza, after finding Takeda's wedding in ruin by us. Him preventing our escape at the gate where we went in would be the proper place for him to be a boss in the Moomori Clanhold, which would solidify the idea of his attempt to stop us before word of crashing Takeda's wedding would spread & keep it silent.

Tsunomori is probably one of General Tso's best supporters & no doubt Tso's been secretly giving him some smuggled stolen gold & goods from the villagers, the poor, & even on some occasions, the rich, to enforce his crooked purposes to rule all of MooShu for himself, & Tsunomori would be promised a place in his reign once he took out the ailing Emperor Yoshihito in his Imperial Palace with Takeda at his side. A matter of bribing & manipulation through the promise of riches is what he would do to him & bound to Tso's will.

Those are my possible presumations about Tsunomori's loyal-bound allegiance with Tso.

Tsunomori would no doubt be completely loyal to Tso's will & will do his orders & commence them in his name. And even after his defeat, his redemption would be his one chance to try to exact revenge against us for defeating & humiliating him, ruining Takeda's wedding & trashing Tso's name, whereas his name was already bad enough to begin with, anyway.

Just because Date Tsunomori is a respected Samoorai doesn't mean he isn't sharp enough to recognize the true nature in General Tso's true purposes, despite the truth about him spreading out. In his mind, he still considered Tso his hero, no matter what many say about him.

I can say that having him as a boss in Moomori Clanhold & a recurring boss in Khotan would be appropriate to face him there.
The main reason I believe that Tsonomori isn't a supporter of Tso is because of his house - it is humble rather than ostentatious, in keeping with samoorai values. What if what Tso wants from Tsunomori is his name and reputation?
People would point it out and say "Look, that honorable samoorai, Date Tsonomori,has given his support to General Tso! Perhaps General Tso is working for the good of MooShu!"
I again point out that Tsunomori wasn't at the wedding. We used his invitation as a model for ours - it must have had our name on it ( we couldn't pass as a citizen of MooShu even if we used an assumed name ).
Too bad that they didn't check our name against a guest list!

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
anecorbie on Nov 17, 2015 wrote:
Well if we killed him in his house, along with all others in his house, there would be no witnesses and they wouldn't realize he was dead until it was too late.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Fearless Finnagan on Nov 18, 2015 wrote:
Well if we killed him in his house, along with all others in his house, there would be no witnesses and they wouldn't realize he was dead until it was too late.
Shocking! Why kill such an honorable samoorai, and wouldn't that justify the Magistrates and Governor to try to arrest us?
We're pirates not murderers, "defeat, not kill ", remember?

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Fearless Finnagan on Nov 18, 2015 wrote:
I don't think that would be the choice. The idea of defeating him in the Clanhold would be that his name would be damaged severely & his chance of revenge on Khotan would be his one chance to redeem himself for General Tso.

He would make do for a recurring obstacle to overcome.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Nov 18, 2015 wrote:
The main reason I believe that Tsonomori isn't a supporter of Tso is because of his house - it is humble rather than ostentatious, in keeping with samoorai values. What if what Tso wants from Tsunomori is his name and reputation?
People would point it out and say "Look, that honorable samoorai, Date Tsonomori,has given his support to General Tso! Perhaps General Tso is working for the good of MooShu!"
I again point out that Tsunomori wasn't at the wedding. We used his invitation as a model for ours - it must have had our name on it ( we couldn't pass as a citizen of MooShu even if we used an assumed name ).
Too bad that they didn't check our name against a guest list!
Hmm... Tsunomori under Tso's employ could be notable.

I wouldn't think the Yakooza would place our name on his invitation's copy, for it would be a big giveaway to their plans to overthrow Tso & expose him as the villain he is. They would still retain his name in the copy to keep it going.

Tsunomori, however, appearing in the Clanhold would have him blocking the exit we went through & trying to stop us for ruining Takeda's wedding would be the one chance he gets to show Tso his commitment to keeping his name intact, & his failure would set the stage for him to redeem himself for Tso & gain revenge on us for humiliating him & ruining his wedding by keeping the key to his fortress away from us on Khotan.

Plus, I only said that him arriving at his home to prepare his attendance to see Yuji returning his stolen invitation would enrage him, try to battle Yuji, though he fled once he wore Tsunomori down within a few minutes, & realize what's going on in the Clanhold & goes there to find he was too late would establish a hatred against us for infiltrating the wedding.

It's fine to have different opinions about Tsunomori's appearance in MooShu, & I mean no harsh criticism to you, but still, I would like to see him as a boss in Moomori Clanhold & a recurring boss in Khotan.

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
Trimond297 on Nov 19, 2015 wrote:
I don't think that would be the choice. The idea of defeating him in the Clanhold would be that his name would be damaged severely & his chance of revenge on Khotan would be his one chance to redeem himself for General Tso.

He would make do for a recurring obstacle to overcome.
Well the event would be circumstantial. We would 'bump' into him at his house.