Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

P101 design question for KI: Dialogue interfaces

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Now, I had noticed that there are, at many times, for dialogue conversations in P101's quests & during mid-battles, some lines had the pop-ups at the upper left corner with comic book-esque vertically long dialogue balloons in place of dialogue boxes & play automatically instead of text boxes, which is fine to me, & the removal the game's HUD interface in conversations, that is fine, too, because it flows better for certain dynamic cinematic events taking place in the game, whereas in W101, all events & conversations, by far, are triggered under the players commands to all text box dialogue conversations & events, even with up to any 4 players in instances, & the HUD still appearing during most conversations, with the exception of a few events seen in notable scenes.

So, I may ask KI this, & hope this question may be answered in a KI blog post later on... how did the idea of P101's second dialogue pop-up interface get made? I really liked it, yet, I still need to know how it was designed & how it's different from W101's dialogue conversation mechanics. It's for some who are interested in learning about designing, & a bit about P101's design history & comparisons between that & W101.

We may be interested in learning about that one day, right?