Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Bullied

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2011
Whenever I go on my new pirate that's a low level, I'm always getting teased and made fun of by max levels who think they're a better person because they have a better pirate and on and on and on.

It is NOT funny. It does NOT make you a better person. Being a higher level that someone else does not instantly give you permission to make fun of them.

I am thankful for the ignore button, but the memory of being made fun of sticks around inside of you.

I am always being made fun of because I am a girl, and I don't have the best of the best of everything.

Am I the only one, or is anyone else being bullied?

Also thank you to everyone who stuck up for me against the Big Bad Wolf, special thanks to Amber, Dark Gasper, Stephanie, Fiery Owen Sharp, and Jasmine.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
MadisonWinterHorn on Aug 29, 2015 wrote:
Whenever I go on my new pirate that's a low level, I'm always getting teased and made fun of by max levels who think they're a better person because they have a better pirate and on and on and on.

It is NOT funny. It does NOT make you a better person. Being a higher level that someone else does not instantly give you permission to make fun of them.

I am thankful for the ignore button, but the memory of being made fun of sticks around inside of you.

I am always being made fun of because I am a girl, and I don't have the best of the best of everything.

Also thank you to everyone who stuck up for me against the Big Bad Wolf, special thanks to Amber, Dark Gasper, Stephanie, Fiery Owen Sharp, and Jasmine.
There will always be those who try to tear down others to build themselves up. Thank goodness for the "ignore" button - so much better than telling them to "shut up!" - it literally silences them! How wonderful that there are some pirates willing to stop that behavior!

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013

I have rarely seen this happen

It happened to me once when I was lvl 41 I was verging a max swash who in the end only had him and one companion left which is horrible, bully me because he bet me, it was sorta sad because he was horrible at PvP I was way less lvl than him and I did good.

The best thing to do is just leave the area your in so if your in the bazaar you don't need to be in the bazaar if your talking so just leave

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Don't let these people bother you. They do it because they are insecure themselves. Just the other day I was in the tower with a team and this one guy kept bragging how strong he was but he didn't really fight he let us do it all. He complained how we were all weak and didn't have as many epics as him yet we were carrying him through the battles. When we got to the nefarious he was the only one to get their health lowered to where it was yellow on the health bar and after that fight he left without a word. Guess mister tough guy didn't think he could win against the terra cotta warriors.

So don't let them make you feel any shame at all.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Petty Officer
Jun 09, 2015
ok so i am a level 64 swashbuckler and i don't have text chat but if i did and i heard someone bullying you i would help and also help you get stronger my name in the game is loyal jacob young

Captain
Jun 26, 2010

I know how ye feel lass, a few of us been down that road, if I were ye I "keel haul" them but that be me, if ye have anymore issues ye can always talk to us, fer we got yer back lass.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009

I'm not going to give the whole "That jerk is insecure" thing. While it may be true, pointing it out doesn't get anybody anywhere. My best advice is to do one of two things:

1. Ignore them. Silence is the ultimate weapon. If you can show them that it doesn't bother you enough to get any reaction from you, they'll feel weak, even if their words aren't.

2. Make sarcastic comments(My way). Just laugh with them. It makes the experience more enjoyable for you anyway. When I did my first(and only) Ranked PvP match on my max pirate, I was paired up against a max privateer. We didn't exchange a word the whole match until it was down to me and his Nausica. I was desperately shuffling through my hand for a hide(I've only used Black Fog the entire game. Random Number Generators hate me). I used a Leviathan's Call to reduce damage. Finally, I got a Walk in Darkness and I used hide. At that point, he started talking, and now I'm wishing I had reported him. He asked me how old I was and I think I said four, because sarcasm is my thing. Then he said that was cheap, to which I pointed out, "Cheap is still victory"(I'm ultra competitive). Then he called me pathetic, to which I agreed sarcastically. Then he just left. Honestly it doesn't bother me, but I don't want that guy walking around, insulting other people. Honestly, I haven't done a single Ranked PvP match since then on my max swashbuckler. My level 29actually has a better PvP rating than my max .

Believe me, bullying is a worse feeling than running out of Yum(well... debatably). I went my entire elementary years being insulted for liking games like Pokemon instead of Call of Duty. At the end of the day though, just be able to walk away with your head high and your fists low.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65
Obnoxious Blaze Dove lvl29

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
I am sorry to hear that .

However a thousand yars for you for using the ignore button.That showed them a thing or two for ruining the friendly environment.It's just plain wrong that more players are acting like this lately.

Just remember the 3 steps below to have a more enjoyable experience.

1. Try to reason out with the player. ( Like ask that player as politely as possible to stop doing that )

2. Use the ignore button ( If he or she won't listen to your request(s). )

3. Like I do just ignore thire comments or switch realm. ( Just pretend he or she is not there )

Remember don't let bullies let get the best of you pirate.

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2011
FireMorgan13 on Sep 1, 2015 wrote:
I'm not going to give the whole "That jerk is insecure" thing. While it may be true, pointing it out doesn't get anybody anywhere. My best advice is to do one of two things:

1. Ignore them. Silence is the ultimate weapon. If you can show them that it doesn't bother you enough to get any reaction from you, they'll feel weak, even if their words aren't.

2. Make sarcastic comments(My way). Just laugh with them. It makes the experience more enjoyable for you anyway. When I did my first(and only) Ranked PvP match on my max pirate, I was paired up against a max privateer. We didn't exchange a word the whole match until it was down to me and his Nausica. I was desperately shuffling through my hand for a hide(I've only used Black Fog the entire game. Random Number Generators hate me). I used a Leviathan's Call to reduce damage. Finally, I got a Walk in Darkness and I used hide. At that point, he started talking, and now I'm wishing I had reported him. He asked me how old I was and I think I said four, because sarcasm is my thing. Then he said that was cheap, to which I pointed out, "Cheap is still victory"(I'm ultra competitive). Then he called me pathetic, to which I agreed sarcastically. Then he just left. Honestly it doesn't bother me, but I don't want that guy walking around, insulting other people. Honestly, I haven't done a single Ranked PvP match since then on my max swashbuckler. My level 29actually has a better PvP rating than my max .

Believe me, bullying is a worse feeling than running out of Yum(well... debatably). I went my entire elementary years being insulted for liking games like Pokemon instead of Call of Duty. At the end of the day though, just be able to walk away with your head high and your fists low.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65
Obnoxious Blaze Dove lvl29
I feel just like you, thx for the advise! I met the guy again, and he was making fun of me for not having any good crown items. I said to him "Yeah, I could get some better equipment" and laughed with him. He was so surprised! Thank you for helping!

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010

Whether it's in real life or a game, you don't have to put up with it. You can ignore (as you said), move to a different realm, or even completely zone them out and don't pay attention to what they try to say to you.

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
MadisonWinterHorn on Sep 1, 2015 wrote:
I feel just like you, thx for the advise! I met the guy again, and he was making fun of me for not having any good crown items. I said to him "Yeah, I could get some better equipment" and laughed with him. He was so surprised! Thank you for helping!
I'm glad I could be of help. I hope things get better in terms of bullying(err, with not being bullied? I'm not very awake right now).