Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Time for a Salty Mutt to learn some Sweet Tricks!

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Ahoy, Yoha (backwards walking pirate, saying hi), howdy, hello, g'day, hiya & hi-ya (that's Karate for, what's up)!

Well fine folks of the boards & Spiral, listen in closely, 'cause I've got some news for ya. So turn your speakers up & lean on in. Closer.....closer.....liiiiiiiiiiittle bit closer.....WHOAH!!.....too close! Ok, so now that I've got a gnats-eye view of your ear & inner thinking parts, I thought I'd share something with you.

Valkoor's going back to school! Yep, you heard it right, it's time for this ol' dog to learn some new tricks, & add to my arsenal of 'things I know but don't know what to do with.' I'll be starting up some classes & taking part in some new & exciting adventures & possibly, hopefully be soon branching off into new directions-- in my life & career. I'm hoping to put my creative side(s) to further use & am eager to enrich myself & my future. For years now I've crafted & built homes, furniture & even music instruments & that has been very rewarding to me. But I've always possessed a passion for writing creatively & a desire to be part of something big, & being able to craft & share exciting stories with others. And let's face it, the glorious pun can only take you but, 'oh so far!'

I'm super excited to begin a new chapter & adventures, but at the same time it's a bit bittersweet. In order to not let this opportunity pass on by, I am going into it full-throttle, full-sails & full tilt. I figure that when it comes to trying to 'rope in your dreams', you can not afford to 'wander from the field', so I'm going to keep my eyes on the prize & give it all I've got. My life is already pretty busy & hectic, so this will only add to the much-loved mayhem. Unfortunately this means that I will have to make a few sacrifices in order to hopefully make these dreams become a reality.

So........I will be taking a pretty extended leave from the Message Boards & from the game...actually all games! I want to put everything I have into accomplishing this set of goals & leave in my wake, absolutely no regrets or 'should've's' or 'could've's' or 'so close's'.

I will try to check in & say HELLO when able to, because I like you guys & gals way too much. But I will be switching all gears to 'FOLLOW THAT DREAM' mode & once the track is laid, this machine won't stop chugging until it reaches that final destination & beyond-- and no, I'm not in cahoots with Kane or the Armada.

So, if you don't see me on the boards for a while or in the game don't fret because I'm just "Runnin' down a dream...workin' on a mystery, goin' wherever it leads". And KI, thank you for an amazing gaming experience & for these Message Boards. Posting here is what has inspired me to set sails & seek greater treasures. I'll surely be back, but I just wanted to thank you all for triggering that nudge that got this ol' ball a rollin'.

And who knows...if P101 is still alive & kickin' in a few years, maybe I'll be part of crafting a new piratin' story & adventures!

Commodore
May 31, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Aug 14, 2015 wrote:
Ahoy, Yoha (backwards walking pirate, saying hi), howdy, hello, g'day, hiya & hi-ya (that's Karate for, what's up)!

Well fine folks of the boards & Spiral, listen in closely, 'cause I've got some news for ya. So turn your speakers up & lean on in. Closer.....closer.....liiiiiiiiiiittle bit closer.....WHOAH!!.....too close! Ok, so now that I've got a gnats-eye view of your ear & inner thinking parts, I thought I'd share something with you.

Valkoor's going back to school! Yep, you heard it right, it's time for this ol' dog to learn some new tricks, & add to my arsenal of 'things I know but don't know what to do with.' I'll be starting up some classes & taking part in some new & exciting adventures & possibly, hopefully be soon branching off into new directions-- in my life & career. I'm hoping to put my creative side(s) to further use & am eager to enrich myself & my future. For years now I've crafted & built homes, furniture & even music instruments & that has been very rewarding to me. But I've always possessed a passion for writing creatively & a desire to be part of something big, & being able to craft & share exciting stories with others. And let's face it, the glorious pun can only take you but, 'oh so far!'

I'm super excited to begin a new chapter & adventures, but at the same time it's a bit bittersweet. In order to not let this opportunity pass on by, I am going into it full-throttle, full-sails & full tilt. I figure that when it comes to trying to 'rope in your dreams', you can not afford to 'wander from the field', so I'm going to keep my eyes on the prize & give it all I've got. My life is already pretty busy & hectic, so this will only add to the much-loved mayhem. Unfortunately this means that I will have to make a few sacrifices in order to hopefully make these dreams become a reality.

So........I will be taking a pretty extended leave from the Message Boards & from the game...actually all games! I want to put everything I have into accomplishing this set of goals & leave in my wake, absolutely no regrets or 'should've's' or 'could've's' or 'so close's'.

I will try to check in & say HELLO when able to, because I like you guys & gals way too much. But I will be switching all gears to 'FOLLOW THAT DREAM' mode & once the track is laid, this machine won't stop chugging until it reaches that final destination & beyond-- and no, I'm not in cahoots with Kane or the Armada.

So, if you don't see me on the boards for a while or in the game don't fret because I'm just "Runnin' down a dream...workin' on a mystery, goin' wherever it leads". And KI, thank you for an amazing gaming experience & for these Message Boards. Posting here is what has inspired me to set sails & seek greater treasures. I'll surely be back, but I just wanted to thank you all for triggering that nudge that got this ol' ball a rollin'.

And who knows...if P101 is still alive & kickin' in a few years, maybe I'll be part of crafting a new piratin' story & adventures!
Well, we're going to miss you (and your puns) an awful lot. You've been a wonderful friend to me and the rest of the Marauders, and I know that every one of us will look forward to the day that you can return to the Spiral. I wish you luck in wherever life takes you, and I hope it's fair skies and smooth sailing for you. ((HUGS))

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

There will be a sad, empty space in the Spiral with you gone, but our ( hope temporary loss ) will be the Real World's gain. When they meet a slightly crazy pun-tottin' pirate!
Good Luck in all your ventures and this is not "Good Bye" but "Until we meet again".
Esperanza Devereaux

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Why thank you Misty and Esperanza...you gals are the bestestest.

Even though I'll be breaking away for a bit, I'll often think fondly of all the friends I have met here on the boards and in the Spiral-- and I'll be in touch in some way, shape or form. Misty I have so enjoyed our wacky, random and all encompassing Spiral chats (and Esperanza has been in on some of those, as well). And you bet Esperanza, it's not an all out good-bye, just a bit of an adventurous detour that hopefully leads to an uncharted land, full of enrichment, new experiences and the fulfillment of a dream or two. And we can always come back and revisit our favorite stomping grounds...now can't we!?

I'll miss all of you during my time spent blazin' a new trail. And it'll be a lot of fun when I do get time to pop back in game and here on the boards-- just to see how my favorite scalawags of a salty & scurvy sort or faring. And to see how the game is shaping up. But for now my appearances will be a bit more sporadic and may at times come to a complete halt. So, I'm not off and gallopin' just yet...but I am nearing a mighty swift trot. (Those are my horse-joke teeth...oh neigh he didn't!)

Buuuuuut that doesn't mean I don't have a surprise or two in store, possibly for the near future.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
*Fiercest Chrissy Hugs while sobbing quietly* .
Your goofiness will be missed, your echos of expertise will leave us disoriented, your brilliant puns will leave my groan supply overburdened from misuse and the missing of such a wonderful heart and fabulous friend will make my own heart ache from your absence my dear friend Valkoor. There are a few fellow Marauders that have touched my IRL heart and have been there for me through my periods of challenge and trial (You all know who you are ), and Valkoor you are one that tops the list.
Thank you for being here to make me giggle, to educate me and to just be my friend when I needed one. Come to think of it, being honorary auntie to your fabulous kidlets is an honor I cherish deeply. Your priorities are quite in order as your natural gifting for writing is beyond strong and the literary writers world has NO idea what zaniness and brilliance that is about to hit it.
Fair sailing to you my dear friend and I cannot WAIT to hear that occasional update as to how you are doing. If not on the boards, then you know how to reach me. *Sets off fireworks to launch Valkoor's ship towards the learning skyways and authorship fame*

Gunner's Mate
Jul 08, 2013

Sorry that you have to leave good ol valkkor. But I hope you have a good time at the relam they call school........ It scares me sometimes................. But anyway your always one of the most epic pirates I know and I hope you have a good time at that realm........................ That realm.................. ( Twichs a little ) Now a new story and adventures?! That sounds awesome! Ill be checking out those if you ever make them no doubt about it! See ya pal!

Fearless Talon Lewis

Golden Leo

Sean Nightingale

The warriors of the spiral.

Captain
Jun 26, 2010

Valkoor me friend *chokes back a tear* I know it has not been long and I know we never met in real life and nor has any pirate else but, well it just won't be the same without ye here or in the game I mean ye taught us so much and ye gave us laughs and ye helped us lots, however mate I completely understand as do the rest of us here, ye have dreams and goals ye want pursue as do we all in this world and we support ye 100% all the way me friend, even though we'll miss ye so much we know ye'll come back one day we know it, cause me friend ye be more then some guy on the Message Boards ye be our Friend ye be part of our Family no matter what or where ye be and to that I say ye go out there and make yer dream a reality and never give up ye here me, Valkoor we wish ye best on yer journey and not be too mushy or anything but I think of ye more then a friend mate, more a to be proud to call ye Brother good luck and may the Skyways treat ye well me Brother.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2012
Valkoor, I have only known you for a little while, and you will be very much missed. You always lighten up conversations, contribute valuable information, and are overall a great friend. The spiral will feel emptier than usual without you, but that will hopefully be only temporarily . I wish you the very best at college/school, and I know you will succeed and exceed. Follow your heart and never give up, I have lived by that advice for a while and I hope it guides you too. I know you will become a very accomplished writer, and may the Aquilian Poets tell stories of you forever. Goodbye (for now) and good luck , I hope to see you in the spiral again you will be very much missed.

Smooth Sailing,
James Underwood

Lieutenant
Aug 19, 2011
As much as I hate to hear about your upcoming absence - I'm very happy for you all the same. You're very talented in more ways than one, and I hope you greet success on your journey (and if not, then it's simply their loss ). I wish you the best of luck, and I look forward to the day you return to the Spiral.

Until we meet again!

~Fortune with you and yours~

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Aug 14, 2015 wrote:
*Fiercest Chrissy Hugs while sobbing quietly* .
Your goofiness will be missed, your echos of expertise will leave us disoriented, your brilliant puns will leave my groan supply overburdened from misuse and the missing of such a wonderful heart and fabulous friend will make my own heart ache from your absence my dear friend Valkoor. There are a few fellow Marauders that have touched my IRL heart and have been there for me through my periods of challenge and trial (You all know who you are ), and Valkoor you are one that tops the list.
Thank you for being here to make me giggle, to educate me and to just be my friend when I needed one. Come to think of it, being honorary auntie to your fabulous kidlets is an honor I cherish deeply. Your priorities are quite in order as your natural gifting for writing is beyond strong and the literary writers world has NO idea what zaniness and brilliance that is about to hit it.
Fair sailing to you my dear friend and I cannot WAIT to hear that occasional update as to how you are doing. If not on the boards, then you know how to reach me. *Sets off fireworks to launch Valkoor's ship towards the learning skyways and authorship fame*
Please.....'Don't cry for me Arrr-gentina'

Chrissy, you have always amazed me. Your strength, your passion for the good in life & your dedication to blessing those around you-- simply & astoundingly...amazing. With all that you have been through in your life--all the hardships, all of the uphill climbs & battles, I'm absolutely in awe of your unrelenting spirit & steadfast, giving nature. You're a role model to everyone around you, yet you are as humble as can be. I am honored to call you a friend & even more honored just to have met you & gotten to share part of life's journey with you. I know that I'm not in the 'social spotlight' that often & haven't been in touch as much as in the past, but I really do appreciate you as a person, a wonderful example to all & most importantly as a friend. My mini-me's are very lucky to have an honorary auntie the likes of you (keep an eye out for some pics, soon)!

I'll certainly be in touch & will indeed clue you all in on how things are going, as I run down those dreams. Even if I were to fall short, just seizing the opportunity to go after a dream, is going to be quite rewarding. And my time spent here has been completely rewarding as well. When I joined up here, I never imagined that I would go from someone that usually remained in a shell & kept to himself, to someone that didn't know how to stop chatting! I've learned a lot about myself & overcoming 'the uncomfortable'. I originally popped in to just say "Hello", try to help some fellow players out & voice how much I liked the game. I never counted on meeting so many great people, helping myself in the process & coming away more wide-eyed, hungry & eager than I went in.

Thank you for your friendship & just for being you. You've proven, that even among all the negativity these days, the positive & beautiful can still shine through. I admire you for that & I always will.

Yeah, I have a sappy side, don't tell anyone!

Time to kick some tail & take names!

Adios....soidA

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009

Wakes up to companions in mayhem aboard the ship and red alarm blaring indicating an emergency at DEFCON 2(DEFCON 1 is Armada invasion).
Me: "For the love of Manchu guys, what the blazes is goin' on'?" Disengages alarm

Sarah: "Cap'n! Thank goodness you're awake! Nausica, El Toro and I have been doing our best to keep the crew under control, but it's not working."

Me: blows into conch "QUITE ALL! I'VE GOT THE CONCH SO LISTEN UP!! Would somebody PLEASE explain to me why you all are acting like you've had too much Yum?!!"

Ratbeard: "Sir! Didn't you hear?"

Me: "OF COURSE I HEARD! Y'ALL WOKE ME UP AND MADE ME BLOW THE CONCH!!"

Ratbeard: "No, not that. It's about... eh, what's his name? He's victorious or something like that."

Me: "Oh Valkoor. Is he stopping by?" starts drinking Yum

Ratbeard: "No, he's leaving."

Me: Spits out what he was drinking on Ratbeard "LEAVING??!!! YOU"RE TELLING ME NOW?!!"

Ratbeard: "Aye sir, apparently he's going back to school"

Me: Cupcake from hat slips onto ground as Dolan stands in total shock "SCHOOL??"

Ratbeard: Picks up cupcake and starts eating it "Aye, similar to you about 4 weeks ago."

Me: "TORO!!"

Toro: "Yes captain."

Me: "Set a course for the boards! Valkoor is not leaving until I say something!

Finally at the boards

All gonna be me now. I'm very sad to see you go Valkoor. I support your decision to further your abilities in creative writing. You write very well. I can only imagine how much better you'll be. In order to accomplish what you want, you have to go all in, and I completely understand. Though, with you gone, the boards will feel emptier. I'm really gonna miss you.

But hey, with all you're pirating experience, your writing should have a great hook

In all seriousness though, good luck with all your future endeavors. I know you'll do awesome out there.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65

Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013

Goodbye, Valkoor. Thank you very much for all the times you have made us giggle and laugh :) We'll all miss you and your wonderful puns, and I wish you the best of luck! Hope to see you sometime soon! Have a fantastic week, month, year, and everything!

Cpt. Cruel Owen Quarrel, Level 65 Privateer

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
Good luck in your exciting new adventure Valkoor!

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Well, I guess I have to bid adieu, Valkoor. Adieu, et bonne chance.
I fear the message board marauders may be just a bit quieter from now on, what with one of the most talkative members leaving on new adventures. But, with your strange thinking ways, I'm sure you'll do very well writing in a creative fashion.

I'd salute you Valkoor, but you don't have a commission from The Queen, so that's out. And no rifle salutes either, they'll be locked up. But I can quietly launch a weather balloon in honour of your new adventure. (And don't worry, I'll make sure to launch away from and trees, power lines, street lamps, building etc.)

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Really, really going to miss you. Please do stay in touch.

BEST OF LUCK!!

-Michael (Indigo)

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Just finished my degree work; the time flew by! Hope it goes as quickly for you and we see you back in-game with those dreams reality.

Best of luck! Stay focused -- you're going to do great!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
warrior021u on Aug 14, 2015 wrote:
Sorry that you have to leave good ol valkkor. But I hope you have a good time at the relam they call school........ It scares me sometimes................. But anyway your always one of the most epic pirates I know and I hope you have a good time at that realm........................ That realm.................. ( Twichs a little ) Now a new story and adventures?! That sounds awesome! Ill be checking out those if you ever make them no doubt about it! See ya pal!

Fearless Talon Lewis

Golden Leo

Sean Nightingale

The warriors of the spiral.
Thanks Talon and keep on warrior-ing!

Yeah, it's been a while since I've been to formal school, but every day with my kids and every day life is filled with enough lessons to keep me on my toes. It'll be an exciting challenge getting back into 'that kind' of learning-mode, but I think I'll be able to shake the cobwebs. I'm excited to learn how to write well, I already have a lot to say and ideas aplenty...I just want to learn more of the 'how and why'.

Good luck to you on your schooling as well-- and remember as scary as it can seem sometimes, just remember that you are a The Warrior! Even just being a warrior in spirit and at heart can be mighty powerful and lead to great victories in real life.

Take care and I'll be back to share some stories and to catch some of yours as well.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
jack morgan933 on Aug 14, 2015 wrote:
Valkoor me friend *chokes back a tear* I know it has not been long and I know we never met in real life and nor has any pirate else but, well it just won't be the same without ye here or in the game I mean ye taught us so much and ye gave us laughs and ye helped us lots, however mate I completely understand as do the rest of us here, ye have dreams and goals ye want pursue as do we all in this world and we support ye 100% all the way me friend, even though we'll miss ye so much we know ye'll come back one day we know it, cause me friend ye be more then some guy on the Message Boards ye be our Friend ye be part of our Family no matter what or where ye be and to that I say ye go out there and make yer dream a reality and never give up ye here me, Valkoor we wish ye best on yer journey and not be too mushy or anything but I think of ye more then a friend mate, more a to be proud to call ye Brother good luck and may the Skyways treat ye well me Brother.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan
Well Jack, my friend...you surely have a gift for showing support and encouragement.

It has been great getting to know you here and in game, and I look forward to much more of the same down the skyway. Thank ye kindly for the support and the well wishes, as I look to chase down, harness and tackle some of my dreams. I'm going to give it all I've got, but I will keep in touch here, as often as I can. I'm proud of being part of the P101 (KI) Community and proud to have met such a great band of brigands. And to think, some of the experts say that gaming will ruin you. I've gained and learned so much from all of you here and from my interactions within P101-- so clearly some of those experts need to get to gaming!

Take care, Jack. I'm proud to have met you and honored to call you my Piratin' Brother. I'll check back in occasionally and see how my favorite family of scurvy scalawags are doing!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Hoodoo Mistress on Aug 15, 2015 wrote:
As much as I hate to hear about your upcoming absence - I'm very happy for you all the same. You're very talented in more ways than one, and I hope you greet success on your journey (and if not, then it's simply their loss ). I wish you the best of luck, and I look forward to the day you return to the Spiral.

Until we meet again!

~Fortune with you and yours~
Thank you Hoodoo Mistress! I appreciate the compliments and kind words. It's funny, because I have played a lot of games throughout my 'button-pushin', key-clickin', mouse-pointin' career', but my P101 experience has hooks down been my most enriching gaming experience and filled with the most 'happy', as well.

It was nice joining you here and over on Central, and in the future I hope to run amok with you in the Spiral and on the forums....just a wee bit more.

Take care and best wishes, to you!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
FireMorgan13 on Aug 15, 2015 wrote:
Wakes up to companions in mayhem aboard the ship and red alarm blaring indicating an emergency at DEFCON 2(DEFCON 1 is Armada invasion).
Me: "For the love of Manchu guys, what the blazes is goin' on'?" Disengages alarm

Sarah: "Cap'n! Thank goodness you're awake! Nausica, El Toro and I have been doing our best to keep the crew under control, but it's not working."

Me: blows into conch "QUITE ALL! I'VE GOT THE CONCH SO LISTEN UP!! Would somebody PLEASE explain to me why you all are acting like you've had too much Yum?!!"

Ratbeard: "Sir! Didn't you hear?"

Me: "OF COURSE I HEARD! Y'ALL WOKE ME UP AND MADE ME BLOW THE CONCH!!"

Ratbeard: "No, not that. It's about... eh, what's his name? He's victorious or something like that."

Me: "Oh Valkoor. Is he stopping by?" starts drinking Yum

Ratbeard: "No, he's leaving."

Me: Spits out what he was drinking on Ratbeard "LEAVING??!!! YOU"RE TELLING ME NOW?!!"

Ratbeard: "Aye sir, apparently he's going back to school"

Me: Cupcake from hat slips onto ground as Dolan stands in total shock "SCHOOL??"

Ratbeard: Picks up cupcake and starts eating it "Aye, similar to you about 4 weeks ago."

Me: "TORO!!"

Me: "Set a course for the boards! Valkoor is not leaving until I say something!

Finally at the boards

All gonna be me now. I'm very sad to see you go Valkoor. I support your decision to further your abilities in creative writing. You write very well. I can only imagine how much better you'll be. In order to accomplish what you want, you have to go all in, and I completely understand. Though, with you gone, the boards will feel emptier. I'm really gonna miss you.

But hey, with all you're pirating experience, your writing should have a great hook

In all seriousness though, good luck with all your future endeavors. I know you'll do awesome out there.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65
Hahahardyhoy....very nicely done Dolan! Keep those great jokes, wonderful parodies and creative moments coming.

I'm going to certainly miss you all, as well. But it's going to be a good kind of missing, because I know that I'll be seeing and chatting with all of you down the road. Hopefully, you guys and gals will save the final showdown with Kane, for one of my, hopefully, many returns. If not, kick some rust bucket for me, would ya?!

Thank you for the nice sentiments and I wish you the best of luck....in the Spiral and in life!

Take care

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Cruel Owen Quarrel on Aug 15, 2015 wrote:
Goodbye, Valkoor. Thank you very much for all the times you have made us giggle and laugh :) We'll all miss you and your wonderful puns, and I wish you the best of luck! Hope to see you sometime soon! Have a fantastic week, month, year, and everything!

Cpt. Cruel Owen Quarrel, Level 65 Privateer
Why thank you Owen!

It truly has been a pleasure trying to produce a giggle, a laugh, maybe a snort, a fall from a chair, an iced-coffee computer screen shower or even just a shameful shaking of the head, followed by some serious face palming. Just remember my puns are EVERYWHERE and you simply..can...not....hide!

I feel that if each and every day you can only manage to make one person laugh or smile...well that's been a great day!

Keep up the wonderful posting and writing, Owen. It's been nice posting alongside you and I'll surely be seeing you down the road.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Bonnie Anne on Aug 16, 2015 wrote:
Good luck in your exciting new adventure Valkoor!
Thank you so much, Bonnie/Leala!

I really, really appreciate that. My only regret about my time spent here, is that I haven't taken the time to get to know the wonderful people, that bring us this amazing game...just a liiiiiittle bit better. But, being in the business of business, I understand that's the nature of this here beast. But I can tell that P101 has a great group of collaborators and family working there at KI. It's a perfect blending of caring, professionalism, fun, intelligence and helpfulness-- the perfect storm, and formula, for success. I wish you all, much continued success and happiness. I think if you people behind the game hadn't been so dang enjoyable to interact with, well you surely wouldn't have created so many admiring fans...scratch that-- friends.

Well, thanks again and I'll still be popping in from time to time.

Best of luck to you and the KI crew.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
AndrewDeathblade11... on Aug 16, 2015 wrote:
bye
Take care Andrew. It's not a full-on bye...just a catch you later! Good luck to you.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
CdeWinter on Aug 16, 2015 wrote:
Well, I guess I have to bid adieu, Valkoor. Adieu, et bonne chance.
I fear the message board marauders may be just a bit quieter from now on, what with one of the most talkative members leaving on new adventures. But, with your strange thinking ways, I'm sure you'll do very well writing in a creative fashion.

I'd salute you Valkoor, but you don't have a commission from The Queen, so that's out. And no rifle salutes either, they'll be locked up. But I can quietly launch a weather balloon in honour of your new adventure. (And don't worry, I'll make sure to launch away from and trees, power lines, street lamps, building etc.)
Lol...'quieter', that's a nice way of putting it there, Scarlet. Yeah, I'm sure that will be a good and welcomed thing for a few folks-- but I'll surely find some way to disrupt the quieter-ness-ism...what with me and my 'strange thinking ways'. And thank you, I've got a lot to learn about writing and conveying my strange thoughts onto paper. But I'll follow my kids' leads and work on those baby steps.

Your thoughts are rather noble, despite not being able to salute and shoot. I must say though, if it may make a difference at all, I may not have a 'commission' from The Queen...but I do have an omission from The Queen-- I'm sure that's worth a salute or two. But I do thank you for the 'quiet launch', that's all that I could ask for. And by all means, have some fun and live a little. Launch that weather balloon right into a meteor shower if you have to. I think that would be quite a poetic and possibly fitting salute, even if it does end with 'POP'.

Best of luck to you, Scarlet. I hope you find wonderful success in your new career and throughout your life. It's been a pleasure getting to know you. Take care and say 'what's up & hey, how you doin'' to The Queen, for me...she'll know which Valkoor you are referring to.

I'll be 'seeing' you.