Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

El dorado, a prison?

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
i mentioned this a lot in my armada theory thread and now i'll address it directly

REMEMBER my lore regarding wizards is extremely rusty

1: if i recall correctly the war between the titans shattered the world and in the aftermath bartelby and a raven thingy i think used powerful magic to lock the shattered world in its place thus forming the spiral, the doradians as i'll call them unanchored el dorado from the spiral and vanished from existence, the sheer power required to cast a spell to unanchor el dorado from the spiral would have to be enormous and extremely difficult to control, no race or group of people would undertake a task unless it was the only option available

2: The armada want to go there, they dont need gold, what reasons would they have for going there? you can argue money for their army but its a robot army that can take whatever it wants, bribes would just get in the way, could kane the smartest and first armada soldier ever built have discovered something that threatens the spiral? i think yes, robots have no need for money, they build incredible machinery, could the armada capitol the giant flying thing in valencia be a warship made for dealing with the threat in el dorado?

3: Pollos journal, it mentions an unspeakable danger resting in el dorado and how the rest of the crew didnt know of it, was he speaking about the danger of greed? or something far more terrifying, what was there before the titans, what was there before that?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
zuto4011a on May 27, 2015 wrote:
i mentioned this a lot in my armada theory thread and now i'll address it directly

1: if i recall correctly the war between the titans shattered the world and in the aftermath bartelby and a raven thingy i think used powerful magic to lock the shattered world in its place thus forming the spiral, the doradians as i'll call them unanchored el dorado from the spiral and vanished from existence, the sheer power required to cast a spell to unanchor el dorado from the spiral would have to be enormous and extremely difficult to control, no race or group of people would undertake a task unless it was the only option available

2: The armada want to go there, they dont need gold, what reasons would they have for going there? you can argue money for their army but its a robot army that can take whatever it wants, bribes would just get in the way, could kane the smartest and first armada soldier ever built have discovered something that threatens the spiral? i think yes, robots have no need for money, they build incredible machinery, could the armada capitol the giant flying thing in valencia be a warship made for dealing with the threat in el dorado?

3: Pollos journal, it mentions an unspeakable danger resting in el dorado and how the rest of the crew didnt know of it, was he speaking about the danger of greed? or something far more terrifying, what was there before the titans, what was there before that?
Yes, Robert it is obvious that El Dorado contains something that is "sleeping and must not be awakened". This great danger may be something like the Dragon Titan in Dragonspyre. But if it were, it's presence would be rather obvious. I'm thinking something smaller, perhaps a source of powerful energy? ( think nuclear, and what that could do in the hands of Kane ).

P.S. It was Bartleby and his sister Grandmother Raven who saved the fragmented bits of the original world and made them into the Spiral. There is no indication that El Dorado is unanchored, only that it is hard to get there because the stormgate leading there moves about. If El Dorado became unanchored I believe it would be flung off into the depths of space and be unreachable.

Commodore
May 31, 2009

I actually really like this theory, more than some of the others I've seen.

An unanchored world, split off by its inhabitants (maybe to protect the rest of the Spiral from that unknown sleeping danger?), would make sense considering the Stormgate shifts location, which brings me to my next point. We know Pollo's map tells us where we'll find the Stormgate to El Dorado, but do we know when and where it'll move to next when we've located it? Maybe something on the map will tell us. The symbols along the edges, perhaps, or something written on the other parts we haven't collected yet.

Indeed, the Armada has no need for money. But could the gold be an offering of sorts to some sort of primal force that could help them take over the Spiral? Remember the Waponi's Volcano God or whatever it was. I like the warship theory, but I think it is more of a headquarters of sorts considering there is a Windlane leading into it. Maybe there is another Valencian Skyway beyond it.

Before the Titans, and this is a stretch, I'd say the Spiral was home to another great force such as Archons, as mentioned in a book series titled The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel. They inhabited Earth before the Elders (gods/goddesses from various mythologies), so it would make sense that a primitive and powerful force came before Bartleby, Grandmother Raven, and the Titans. Something like this could be sleeping in El Dorado.

Our parents' message in the Valley of the Gold Monkey must hold some meaning as well. Didn't they speak of their graves being there? And their last comment, "Go to the..." ...what? It must have been important, or they wouldn't have tried to tell us. Along with this, the giving up of our memories has to hold some repercussions. I hope some of those will be addressed in the next updates; perhaps we'll meet our foster family and find out more information on our mother's role in Pollo's crew, and anything about our father, since we know next to nothing about him.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
anecorbie on May 27, 2015 wrote:
Yes, Robert it is obvious that El Dorado contains something that is "sleeping and must not be awakened". This great danger may be something like the Dragon Titan in Dragonspyre. But if it were, it's presence would be rather obvious. I'm thinking something smaller, perhaps a source of powerful energy? ( think nuclear, and what that could do in the hands of Kane ).

P.S. It was Bartleby and his sister Grandmother Raven who saved the fragmented bits of the original world and made them into the Spiral. There is no indication that El Dorado is unanchored, only that it is hard to get there because the stormgate leading there moves about. If El Dorado became unanchored I believe it would be flung off into the depths of space and be unreachable.
by unanchored i meant it isnt in place like the rest if the spiral which is oddly suspicious

Ensign
Aug 12, 2013
It could make sense with the connection to dragonspyre. Pollo never told his crew of the danger because he didn't want his crew to be plagued with anxiety and greed. Since clockworks have no feelings , the armada does not worry. This makes the race even closer. The picture from motherlode mine shows Pollos crew was aware of the perils of eldorado. This is a spiraling mystery.
Husky Paul Richmond level 40 swashbuckler

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
MistyDragon13 on May 27, 2015 wrote:
I actually really like this theory, more than some of the others I've seen.

An unanchored world, split off by its inhabitants (maybe to protect the rest of the Spiral from that unknown sleeping danger?), would make sense considering the Stormgate shifts location, which brings me to my next point. We know Pollo's map tells us where we'll find the Stormgate to El Dorado, but do we know when and where it'll move to next when we've located it? Maybe something on the map will tell us. The symbols along the edges, perhaps, or something written on the other parts we haven't collected yet.

Indeed, the Armada has no need for money. But could the gold be an offering of sorts to some sort of primal force that could help them take over the Spiral? Remember the Waponi's Volcano God or whatever it was. I like the warship theory, but I think it is more of a headquarters of sorts considering there is a Windlane leading into it. Maybe there is another Valencian Skyway beyond it.

Before the Titans, and this is a stretch, I'd say the Spiral was home to another great force such as Archons, as mentioned in a book series titled The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel. They inhabited Earth before the Elders (gods/goddesses from various mythologies), so it would make sense that a primitive and powerful force came before Bartleby, Grandmother Raven, and the Titans. Something like this could be sleeping in El Dorado.

Our parents' message in the Valley of the Gold Monkey must hold some meaning as well. Didn't they speak of their graves being there? And their last comment, "Go to the..." ...what? It must have been important, or they wouldn't have tried to tell us. Along with this, the giving up of our memories has to hold some repercussions. I hope some of those will be addressed in the next updates; perhaps we'll meet our foster family and find out more information on our mother's role in Pollo's crew, and anything about our father, since we know next to nothing about him.
the gold for god idea is even worse then just a demon being locked in el dorado, it means the saintly armada leader kane found something so much more powerful the most logical and beneficial choice was to worship it, like the vex in destiny, a race of time traveling cyborgs capable of turning a planet into a machine in days, that found the darkness and worshipped it

Commodore
May 31, 2009
zuto4011a on May 28, 2015 wrote:
the gold for god idea is even worse then just a demon being locked in el dorado, it means the saintly armada leader kane found something so much more powerful the most logical and beneficial choice was to worship it, like the vex in destiny, a race of time traveling cyborgs capable of turning a planet into a machine in days, that found the darkness and worshipped it
I wasn't going for "worship the nasty evil thingamajig," something more like, "Please take this offering and don't squish us into scrap metal. While you're at it, and while we've given you this, can you take over the Spiral for us?"

I admit I've never played Destiny but the Vex almost sound like the Grox from Spore (yes, I know it's old and somewhat boring but it's silly fun) who are a mysterious, powerful, and VERY unfriendly race near the center of the galaxy.

Lieutenant
Jun 29, 2011

1: I believe it is something more powerful and dangerous than the titans. Why would the creators of El Dorado make a prison for a titan? They're usually harmless since they're asleep
2: Kane doesn't want a godly being to worship. He only wants to rebuild the spiral in his image. It might be, that the, "giant flying thing," could have something to do with the Grand Design
3: I believe he spoke both of the danger of greed and something else.

There is no lore in wizard101 relating to the armada. However, the armada may have done some things behind the scenes of the story, with your wizard having little, if any knowledge of Kane and and the Armada.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
Aaron FireEyes on May 28, 2015 wrote:
1: I believe it is something more powerful and dangerous than the titans. Why would the creators of El Dorado make a prison for a titan? They're usually harmless since they're asleep
2: Kane doesn't want a godly being to worship. He only wants to rebuild the spiral in his image. It might be, that the, "giant flying thing," could have something to do with the Grand Design
3: I believe he spoke both of the danger of greed and something else.

There is no lore in wizard101 relating to the armada. However, the armada may have done some things behind the scenes of the story, with your wizard having little, if any knowledge of Kane and and the Armada.
1: did i say imprison a titan? no

2: did i say he wanted a godly being to worship or did i say destroy it?

3: clearly

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
MistyDragon13 on May 28, 2015 wrote:
I wasn't going for "worship the nasty evil thingamajig," something more like, "Please take this offering and don't squish us into scrap metal. While you're at it, and while we've given you this, can you take over the Spiral for us?"

I admit I've never played Destiny but the Vex almost sound like the Grox from Spore (yes, I know it's old and somewhat boring but it's silly fun) who are a mysterious, powerful, and VERY unfriendly race near the center of the galaxy.
after a year of playing spore i still havent reached the center