Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Best crown shop companion

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Feb 08, 2014
I have wanted to get a new cs(crown shop)companion.Which is the best in your opinion.iwill consider getting one of your sugesstions in the near future.(when I get crowns again that is!)

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Squalltamer on May 7, 2015 wrote:
I have wanted to get a new cs(crown shop)companion.Which is the best in your opinion.iwill consider getting one of your sugesstions in the near future.(when I get crowns again that is!)
Hi there Squalltamer! That's a great question and I think you'll get quite a variety of answers...seeing as there are so many great companions available in the Crown Shop and 'best' may vary based on the class of pirate doing the buying and also the fighting style of the player.

Playing as a Buccaneer, I would have to say that my all-time favorite crown shop companion is Temujin (Subodai's counterpart). What can you not love about a hardy, high-health, high-armor horse that deals out tons of damage and can take just as much. Upon last promotion, with a Super Critical Strike, accuracy and agility reducing power (Buccaneer Smash), multiple Relentless & Turn the Tide, Blade Storm and Vengeance Strike-- Temujin is quite the Powerhorse...I mean Powerhouse! Before Peter Quint & Baar made their ways onto my Crew, Temujin was my tried-and-true 1st mate throughout Aquila. For a Buccaneer, I would have to say that he is a near must-have and when you power up your crew with Strength Buffs, LOOKOUT, because the hooves and hair will be a flyin'.

Another recent addition from the shop that has got me singing high praises is that kung fu kickin' goat- Keisuke Yagi. Being a Buccaneer, I have no way to hide any members of my crew. Yagi, with his Walk in Shadows, is a very valuable crew member to take into any battle. With my pirate and him hidden in battle against the Nef. 5 (along with my son's Bucc. and own Yagi), the 4 of us have no problems at all. Plus, upon final promotion, having a healing power (Rally), a Super Critical Strike, multiple Ripostes, a Relentless and Flanking...well, that sure doesn't hurt either. As a Bucc, that Goat sure gets my Vote!

So, for me, Temujin is my #1 Crown Shop companion, with Keisuke Yagi coming in hot and heavy at #2. Actually Goronado is quite amazing as well, especially for a Bucc. (just requires a bit more work...and Crowns).

But there's plenty of other great choices, so good luck with whoever you go with-- I'm sure you'll 'pick a winner'!

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Whoever you get, I recommend putting it off till you reach Aquila if you can. The reason is that your Pirate will probably be level 65 (the top level at the moment) and any companion that you get will be 1 to 3 levels above you which makes them that much stronger. At Aquila, I had to raise my companions that I already had to level 65 just to stay alive. I was able to get one to two Crown Shop Companions at about level 67 or 68 which allowed me to complete most of the quests by myself (solo).

Good Luck.

Lieutenant
Feb 08, 2014
Thanks for the advice Valkoor and "The Helpful Pirate".AthoughI allredy have Temujiin,and I also have Kan Po ,but thanks

( P.S, I'm a witchdoctor and I have finished aqila)Reckless Austin Strong lvl 65witchdoctor

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Squalltamer on May 11, 2015 wrote:
Thanks for the advice Valkoor and "The Helpful Pirate".AthoughI allredy have Temujiin,and I also have Kan Po ,but thanks

( P.S, I'm a witchdoctor and I have finished aqila)Reckless Austin Strong lvl 65witchdoctor
A couple good companion ideas are Ridolfo Capoferro, Goronado, and Bosun Budd. Ridolfo can do lots of damage, Goronado can use Vicious Strike and Gorilla Warfare, and Bosun Budd has his Starfish Shuffle move, and 2 moves that allow him to eat one and gain over 1000 health back! If you were to choose between these 3, I'd go to Miranda, take down all the side quests in there, and get the Bosun.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
If you want extra musketeer power for you as a witchdoctor, I heartily recommend the flying monkey, Moresco de Valvida. He has striking spooky looks perfect for a witchdoctor and many useful epics, which I can't list here, because I have to remind myself of them! However he is in the #2 position on my secondary swashbuckler and she uses him extensively!

Ensign
Sep 28, 2014
I know I like the looks of Oingo Boingo but he isn't all that good of a fighter unfortunately. I think he's great for low level grinding and stuff (eep op ork ah ah, goronado, pets, etc) just cus he's funny and great looking.

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Striving Pilgrim on May 14, 2015 wrote:
I know I like the looks of Oingo Boingo but he isn't all that good of a fighter unfortunately. I think he's great for low level grinding and stuff (eep op ork ah ah, goronado, pets, etc) just cus he's funny and great looking.
Yeah. Besides the design, which is quite cool, he isn't worth 7495 Crowns. I do have him, but I use him for low level fights. He needs more Epics.