Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Cheap Shot

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 21, 2015
So i have been wondering since you guys have made BladeStorm much more effective, why not make cheap shot effective as well? It really is at the moment a useless talent. What i had in mind for a more effective cheap shot is that whenever a person moves they will get hit. Not just if they leave the area.

Think about it nobody uses cheap shot, it is most of the time a useless talent. Ratbeard i am suggesting to you if you could make some adjustments to cheap shot. Back then Bladestorm was quite useless simply because it is not used often. Cheap shot is even used lesser.

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
I see what you're saying. As of now, it's really only useful on a pet, or in PvE, cause in PvP, the other player(s) typically only target you to the point of death, making Cheap Shot useless since you can't activate Talents when you're defeated(yeah, I know, mind blowing). I do see what you're saying, however, if we were to go with your idea, as I understand it, it still wouldn't work that well since the other player would have no reason to move from that spot(unless they REALLY wanted to set up a flanking).

How I would improve it, is I would make it so if anybody ends their turn in your area, you get a bonus hit on them. It is Cheap Shot. Maybe the base damage is reduced like with First Strike so it doesn't become OP.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl 65

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
Cheap Shot is pretty unhelpful sometimes, but Return Fire, in my opinion, shouldn't even exist. Really, how much of a chance is it for a musketeer to dodge a musketeer? .1%?

I like your idea of Cheap Shot improvement. KI should definitely put this to use.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
I think it activates if an enemy disengages. I think that is working intentionally for it's name, being a "cheap shot" after a play as it were or like hitting the enemy as his back is turned. When it happens your like, "hey that was a cheap shot!" See?

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Ensign
Jul 07, 2014
Silent Dragon on Mar 28, 2015 wrote:
So i have been wondering since you guys have made BladeStorm much more effective, why not make cheap shot effective as well? It really is at the moment a useless talent. What i had in mind for a more effective cheap shot is that whenever a person moves they will get hit. Not just if they leave the area.

Think about it nobody uses cheap shot, it is most of the time a useless talent. Ratbeard i am suggesting to you if you could make some adjustments to cheap shot. Back then Bladestorm was quite useless simply because it is not used often. Cheap shot is even used lesser.

Brilliant suggestion! That needs to be done!

Ensign
Jul 07, 2014
FireMorgan13 on Mar 28, 2015 wrote:
I see what you're saying. As of now, it's really only useful on a pet, or in PvE, cause in PvP, the other player(s) typically only target you to the point of death, making Cheap Shot useless since you can't activate Talents when you're defeated(yeah, I know, mind blowing). I do see what you're saying, however, if we were to go with your idea, as I understand it, it still wouldn't work that well since the other player would have no reason to move from that spot(unless they REALLY wanted to set up a flanking).

How I would improve it, is I would make it so if anybody ends their turn in your area, you get a bonus hit on them. It is Cheap Shot. Maybe the base damage is reduced like with First Strike so it doesn't become OP.

Well I think that would be more effective in normal battles, rather than PvP

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
I think it's okay to have things that are useful in PvE too and not specifically tailored for use in PVP. There are a lot of things that are useful there and it's only a small percentage of the game in reality at this point. It's funny how so many changes have been made for the sake of a side feature.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
DuranteRamses87 on Mar 29, 2015 wrote:
I think it activates if an enemy disengages. I think that is working intentionally for it's name, being a "cheap shot" after a play as it were or like hitting the enemy as his back is turned. When it happens your like, "hey that was a cheap shot!" See?

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
Then why not have it activate sort of like flanking? If they attack an ally in a way that makes them look away from you, have it activate as well as when you leave.

Example:
0 = Ally that they may target that would cause it to activate
1 = where You would be
X = Enemy

0 0 0
X

If they turn there back on you to fight someone else, then have the power activate.

Ensign
Jan 05, 2010
As a musketeer, I say cheap shot is fine. It may not be as effective in PVP but it is handy in PVE. It works best for me when my companions are not all huddled together in a group. Of course the best tactics for any musketeer is not to be standing in a group of your own companions which usually causes your enemies to float around your companions.

Christopher Eastwick
Level 65

Lieutenant
Feb 08, 2014
If cheap shot, activated when some moved near you, it would basically be Repel Borders.

Developer
DuranteRamses87 on Mar 30, 2015 wrote:
I think it's okay to have things that are useful in PvE too and not specifically tailored for use in PVP. There are a lot of things that are useful there and it's only a small percentage of the game in reality at this point. It's funny how so many changes have been made for the sake of a side feature.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
It's funny how so many changes have been made for the sake of a side feature.

So many?

Such as?

Ensign
Mar 17, 2011
Silent Dragon on Mar 28, 2015 wrote:

Cheap shot is fine the way it is it becomes really power once you train it to rank 3

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
hunter spell caste... on May 27, 2015 wrote:
Cheap shot is fine the way it is it becomes really power once you train it to rank 3
ya, but not many companions can train that high, and even if they can, besides ratbeard, do you really want to? I mean really, compare Cheap Shot 3 to Relentless 3 or Repel Boarder 3 and you see the problem. Its just not as powerful as other epics.

Ensign
Oct 28, 2012
FireMorgan13 on Mar 28, 2015 wrote:

I feel like that should be a new epic in and of itself, with a counterpart that happens if the opponent moves a certain amount or something.