Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Ship Gear

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 10, 2012
So I've been trying to farm for Mooshu Frigate ship gear, and I've been having trouble finding it. I've found tons of gear for the skiff and gallon level but none for the level for Frigate. Mostly I would love to know what ships drop the Splendid Gilded Anchor and the Honorable Golden Cannon.

If anyone could let me know I would be most grateful.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
I would like to know where you are finding all this gear for ship types (Skiff, Frigate, and Galleon) since a few updates ago they removed the ship type from ship gear for most gear. Now all it takes is the type of ship ( Pirate, Monquistador, Bison, Samoorai, Royal Navy, etc.) and your Nautical Level. And, for a few parts, it all depends on your Nautical Level (the Anchor, Cannons, Horn and Wheel) since, for these parts, there is no ship type requirement.

Ensign
Feb 10, 2012
I look at the gear that is available for the ship level and then find the best gear and say that that is the best gear for frigate or gallon, that's all I'm doing. So for me the Honorable Golden Cannon is the best canon i can get for the Mushoo Frigate. All the better cannons are for levels in which i will then have the gallon and so i will be using a better canon to go with that level and ship and so i consider the new canon the one for the gallon; if that makes any since to you.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
The requirements for all ship equipment are noted on the Information Card for that piece of Ship Equipment. The only level that needs to be considered for Anchor, Cannon, Horn and Wheel is your Nautical Level. This means that you can transfer any of those items that you can equip to any ship that you can equip. For Armor, Figurehead, Rudder, or Sails, you can only use those on the particular type of ship (Pirate, Monquistador, Bison, Royal Navy, Samoorai, or Aquila) as long as your Naval Experience is at or above the required Naval Experience Level of the ship equipment. The ship itself only requires that your Character Level be at or above a certain level (shown on the ship information card).

What this means is that any equipment that you can equip on Skiffs or Frigates can also be used on Galleons if you want to and vice versa.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 05, 2015
Honestly I thought that as long as it had the same origin then it would work so I don't really no.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
dancing ninja on Mar 3, 2015 wrote:
I look at the gear that is available for the ship level and then find the best gear and say that that is the best gear for frigate or gallon, that's all I'm doing. So for me the Honorable Golden Cannon is the best canon i can get for the Mushoo Frigate. All the better cannons are for levels in which i will then have the gallon and so i will be using a better canon to go with that level and ship and so i consider the new canon the one for the gallon; if that makes any since to you.
Just try equipping what you have, even if it claims to be frigate or galleon armor. They removed the ship type restriction and now it's generally just the ship origin that might prevent you from using equipment for which you have the appropriate level.