Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Royal Courtroom in Glass House Prison? Relocate?

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Good day!

Here's this... I just don't understand that during the quest, "The Verdict", Catbeard's trial takes place in the Marleybonian Royal Courtroom, however, it is currently located in the Glass House Prison. I don't think prisons in Marleybone should have a Royal Courtroom somewhere in their prisons. Courthouses normally do that, you know. If you ask me, the Royal Courtroom should be relocated to one of Marleybone's decent buildings in the Isle of Dogs if Catbeard's trial is to become another of the non-combat Sigil instances. I'm guessing that given that the P101 team had no time left while Books 13 & 14 were about to hit the Test Realm, they had no choice but to make a few decisions before it hit to Test. I hope they get to relocate the Royal Courtroom with Catbeard's trial taking place someday before it becomes one of the non-combat sigil instances. What do you think, Pirates? Now I know everyone has different opinions on such matters like this, but, that's just them.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trimond297 on Feb 15, 2015 wrote:
Good day!

Here's this... I just don't understand that during the quest, "The Verdict", Catbeard's trial takes place in the Marleybonian Royal Courtroom, however, it is currently located in the Glass House Prison. I don't think prisons in Marleybone should have a Royal Courtroom somewhere in their prisons. Courthouses normally do that, you know. If you ask me, the Royal Courtroom should be relocated to one of Marleybone's decent buildings in the Isle of Dogs if Catbeard's trial is to become another of the non-combat Sigil instances. I'm guessing that given that the P101 team had no time left while Books 13 & 14 were about to hit the Test Realm, they had no choice but to make a few decisions before it hit to Test. I hope they get to relocate the Royal Courtroom with Catbeard's trial taking place someday before it becomes one of the non-combat sigil instances. What do you think, Pirates? Now I know everyone has different opinions on such matters like this, but, that's just them.
Again, why pile on extra work on the devs? Why is this so important that it has got to be changed? It only happens once, we don't repeat it. This is totally unnecessary.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Also, some prison DID have courtrooms, especially for high security prisoners. I believe Old Scotland Yard did.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Feb 16, 2015 wrote:
Again, why pile on extra work on the devs? Why is this so important that it has got to be changed? It only happens once, we don't repeat it. This is totally unnecessary.
Take word on this that Blind Mew did say that Catbeard's trial may be turned into a replayable non-combat instance instead of going through it only once someday. "Ode to Brilliant Eagilles" became the first non-combat instance to the game, so there's no reason why there should be a few more like that, & I do mean a few, not a lot more.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Feb 16, 2015 wrote:
Also, some prison DID have courtrooms, especially for high security prisoners. I believe Old Scotland Yard did.
Well, that is true.

If a Marleybonian prison did have a courtroom, it's interiors would properly match well with it's building structure & it's theme, fancy looking or rotting looking. I'm not disagreeing with you or anything like it.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
It was actually very common during the Victorian time period for prisons and jails to have their own courtrooms. It was much more efficient, if everything was all housed in the same location. The old courthouse in Kingston Ontario, built in the 1800's even housed the local constabulary, as well as the courthouse, jail, and even gallows.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Trimond297 on Feb 24, 2015 wrote:
Well, that is true.

If a Marleybonian prison did have a courtroom, it's interiors would properly match well with it's building structure & it's theme, fancy looking or rotting looking. I'm not disagreeing with you or anything like it.
They're in the middle of a war. They probably would rather do the trials right there to reduce the number of guards needed to deal with the prisoners on the way to trial. That way the other folks can go and fight the clockworks.