Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Hack or Stack?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
May 06, 2011
When I went on today, I entered the morphing tent and found someone with an Emerald Budgie pet. At this point, I was wondering if it was a cheat or just several re-hatches, because the Budgie's pedigree was an adult and had a pedigree of 700 (100). Is that even possible? Also, it had no Talents or Powers - it provided 3 cards. I can only remember Elusive from the three. I really want to keep everyone from cheating in any way and I have blocked the person just in case they are cheating and I can report them. Anyone?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
KatherineDragonBla... on Jan 22, 2015 wrote:
When I went on today, I entered the morphing tent and found someone with an Emerald Budgie pet. At this point, I was wondering if it was a cheat or just several re-hatches, because the Budgie's pedigree was an adult and had a pedigree of 700 (100). Is that even possible? Also, it had no Talents or Powers - it provided 3 cards. I can only remember Elusive from the three. I really want to keep everyone from cheating in any way and I have blocked the person just in case they are cheating and I can report them. Anyone?
This not a cheat, it's entirely possible to have that high a pedigree with cards. I'm trying to get such a pet myself, and I certainly don't have the skills to hack, or the desire to cheat.

Lieutenant
Jul 11, 2009
You have been out of the tent a LONG time it would seem.
Pedigree has nothing to do with the age of the pet.
Almost any pet can be raised to 700 pedigree, and GRANT cards are a power.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
KatherineDragonBla... on Jan 22, 2015 wrote:
As Shadowblade noted, cards/Grants absolutely do represent both Powers and Talents.

Cards with the following grants are talents: Grants Blade Storm, Grants Turn the Tide, Grants Tough +2 Ranks, Grants Elusive +1 Rank, Grants Dodgy +2 Ranks. Also as stated, any pet can get up to the current max of 700 pedigree-- it just takes multiple hatches with higher pedigree pets, much higher usually, and higher ranking traits manifested on the parent pets helps as well.

There are also currently 11 Granted Epic Powers available to pets: Grants Steadying Speech, Grants Mutineer's Grasp, Grants Shark's Fury, Grants Brutal Charge, Grants Regroup, Grants Rally, Grants Soulreaver, Grants Jobu's Kiss, Grants Kraken's Lament, Grants Back Stab and Grants Cloud Spirit.

There are also currently 11 Granted Ultra Rare Powers for pet to acquire via leveling up: Calm the Troops, Ghostwail, Jobu's Breath, Kraken's Coils, Mighty Charge, Mojo Strike, Refresh, Rouse, Sneak Attack, Triton's Song and Wind Spirit-- again all Grants. Actually I thought I have seen a Grants Assassin's Mist as well, so there may be more than 11, but I'll have to double check.

When a pet reaches Level 60, , it will have "learned and expressed" 3 Powers and 3 Talents (excluding pre-advanced pets update, Mega Loyal Pets, which will have 4 talents- Loyal 3 being the extra). So, being that Grants are still Powers and Talents, a pet can very well possess up to 6 Cards, 3 Power Grants and 3 Talent Grants. Furthermore, a pet that has Max pedigree is guaranteed to express a minimum of 3 Grant cards. This is because at max pedigree of 700, all powers will be of the Epic type and all Epic Powers are Grant cards. With a Max pedigree pet, you will more than likely get more than 3 card Grants to manifest on the pet, upon reaching Mega age-- especially if each of the parents used in producing that 700 pedigree pet had expressed multiple Grant cards. The reason why you saw no Powers and Talents listed on the pet is because they are shown in the form of a card and not listed under the "Talents:" and "Power" areas.

I have around 8 pets with 6 Grant cards (some max pedigree, some lower) expressed and several dozen with 5 Grant cards expressed and I've seen many other players with 5 and 6 Grant, max pedigree pets. And trust me, it's definitely more of a combination of hard work and some luck....and certainly not any hacking or cheating. The only "so-called cheat" is just by simply using others' maxed pets to get your pet to max pedigree. But that is certainly no cheat or hack because you still have to train up the pets and get fortunate enough for 6 grant cards to actually show up. But again on a 700 pedigree pet, you are guaranteed 3 cards (Grants) showing up by the time the pet reaches the age of Mega (level 60).

So, you definitely should not report someone for cheating or hacking, just because they have an amazing pet that they worked pretty hard to get.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jan 24, 2015 wrote:
As Shadowblade noted, cards/Grants absolutely do represent both Powers and Talents.

Cards with the following grants are talents: Grants Blade Storm, Grants Turn the Tide, Grants Tough +2 Ranks, Grants Elusive +1 Rank, Grants Dodgy +2 Ranks. Also as stated, any pet can get up to the current max of 700 pedigree-- it just takes multiple hatches with higher pedigree pets, much higher usually, and higher ranking traits manifested on the parent pets helps as well.

There are also currently 11 Granted Epic Powers available to pets: Grants Steadying Speech, Grants Mutineer's Grasp, Grants Shark's Fury, Grants Brutal Charge, Grants Regroup, Grants Rally, Grants Soulreaver, Grants Jobu's Kiss, Grants Kraken's Lament, Grants Back Stab and Grants Cloud Spirit.

There are also currently 11 Granted Ultra Rare Powers for pet to acquire via leveling up: Calm the Troops, Ghostwail, Jobu's Breath, Kraken's Coils, Mighty Charge, Mojo Strike, Refresh, Rouse, Sneak Attack, Triton's Song and Wind Spirit-- again all Grants. Actually I thought I have seen a Grants Assassin's Mist as well, so there may be more than 11, but I'll have to double check.

When a pet reaches Level 60, , it will have "learned and expressed" 3 Powers and 3 Talents (excluding pre-advanced pets update, Mega Loyal Pets, which will have 4 talents- Loyal 3 being the extra). So, being that Grants are still Powers and Talents, a pet can very well possess up to 6 Cards, 3 Power Grants and 3 Talent Grants. Furthermore, a pet that has Max pedigree is guaranteed to express a minimum of 3 Grant cards. This is because at max pedigree of 700, all powers will be of the Epic type and all Epic Powers are Grant cards. With a Max pedigree pet, you will more than likely get more than 3 card Grants to manifest on the pet, upon reaching Mega age-- especially if each of the parents used in producing that 700 pedigree pet had expressed multiple Grant cards. The reason why you saw no Powers and Talents listed on the pet is because they are shown in the form of a card and not listed under the "Talents:" and "Power" areas.

I have around 8 pets with 6 Grant cards (some max pedigree, some lower) expressed and several dozen with 5 Grant cards expressed and I've seen many other players with 5 and 6 Grant, max pedigree pets. And trust me, it's definitely more of a combination of hard work and some luck....and certainly not any hacking or cheating. The only "so-called cheat" is just by simply using others' maxed pets to get your pet to max pedigree. But that is certainly no cheat or hack because you still have to train up the pets and get fortunate enough for 6 grant cards to actually show up. But again on a 700 pedigree pet, you are guaranteed 3 cards (Grants) showing up by the time the pet reaches the age of Mega (level 60).

So, you definitely should not report someone for cheating or hacking, just because they have an amazing pet that they worked pretty hard to get.
Brilliant as usual Valkoor. I will admit I had to read it twice as I had to recover from the shock of misreading your post to say you had Eight Thousand Seven Hundred max pedigree pets. Then I did a double take and saw the space. I knew you were good but WOW not THAT good .

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jan 25, 2015 wrote:
Brilliant as usual Valkoor. I will admit I had to read it twice as I had to recover from the shock of misreading your post to say you had Eight Thousand Seven Hundred max pedigree pets. Then I did a double take and saw the space. I knew you were good but WOW not THAT good .
Why thank you Chrissy and WW, yes indeedy that would be quite a feat, or at least tens of thousands of feet...I do a lot morphing but 8,700 would be across-the-borderline insane

Yeah, I thought that looked wacky myself, so I edited it to say 8 pets with 6 grants cards-- it did look too much like 8,700 and I also realized that not all of my pets with 6 grants, are of the 700 pedigree variety. They range from 630-700, with 2 or 3 being max pedigree, 6 grants pets (just got a 690 Black Tiger with 6 decent Grants to join in the madness). By editing it I guess I kind of made you appear to be "shocked off your rocker", what with posting about me posting about 8, 700 pedigree pets that no longer is posted.

Sorry about that and when I do get to 8,700 max pedigree pets, you'll certainly be the first to know! It's pretty bad (and good) when you have to start selling off lots of 700 pedigree pets that don't manifest as desirable traits...just to find and make room to morph up some more 700's. Well back to the tent...I only need about 8,500 more to go!!!