Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Request/Idea: More Gear Storage space needed

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
I really think that an increase in gear storage space may be in order, by some means and or manner. If you think about, in recent months we have seen several updates and components of the game that add more items for our young pirates to hold on to, pass around and store. There's the advanced pets, in which many of us morph quite a few times a day, producing pets that take up space in our packs and banks. Although, since we can let them roam in our homes, that helps alleviate some of the crowdedness from our packs and banks. We also have companion tasks that bring in new gear, a tower that brings in amazing new gear and should soon be getting new content that will most certainly foster in a new haul of amazing goodies-- all that we will have to store somewhere. In addition we have new booster packs that bring in new gear and new items being added to the Crown Shop and vendor inventories. Throughout all of these great new ways to acquire additional gear, we have not seen any increase in our pirates' storage capacities.

It is evident that "pirates filled to capacity" is a common issue because of the numerous times going to morph with someone and either you or your partner gets that backpack full message. Then comes the sighs that come from trying to see what can be "sacrificed" and or moved to make room for a new critter. So, clearly we all could use just a wee bit more storage room.

So I suggest either a "free", small increase to each pirates pack & bank(maybe 20 items) and a larger capacity increase to the shared bank (maybe 50 items)....OR a potion that we can purchase from the Crown Shop that could increase our Pack and/or Bank and/or Shared Bank maximum capacities. I certainly would purchase the ability to increase my pack and bank space, and I'm sure many others would as well. Just think about the game revenue it would rack up if each player out there could purchase 20 item increment potions to each pirates' pack and bank and 50 item increment potions to each account shared bank with a max limit of 200 items per bank/pack/shared bank-- for members, that's as much as 24 pack potions and 30 bank potions and 12 shared bank potions, spread across 6 pirates......per account, per player in the Spiral. That's a lot of extra dough brought in and a lot of much needed, extra space. More room may also lead to more purchases from second chance chests and or from the Crown Shop-- can't buy anything new if we have no where to put it.

At minimum I'd say it would be nice to see a small increase to our packs and or shared banks. Also, maybe a new storage unit called a Kennel or Corral or Stable in which we can store pets, without it counting towards our bank/pack/shared bank/housing space. We could access this Corral from the Housing Bank mode and move pets into it from all of the other storage unit types and move them from the Corral to the different areas, as well. Just some suggestions that may help players out with that ever growing, out of room issue.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Oh, I just had another idea.

Maybe fancier, upgraded Banks and Backpacks (with larger capacities) could be added to the Black Market inventory and we have to farm Scrip to purchase them. Like we could use Scrip to upgrade our bank to a Vault and our BackPacks to a Fanny-pack (oh, scratch that, that's a downgrade), maybe a Duffel instead. Although, I think the using Crowns and making KI more money to keep this amazing game going method, would be perfectly fine with me. Either way, if it came to increasing our banks/packs/shared banks storage capacity-- I'd certainly pay Crowns for an increase and or farm for Scrip as well.

Or does adding too many additional items to be stored, across all pirates, create way too many programming, bandwidth and or server storage problems?

Petty Officer
Dec 26, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jan 16, 2015 wrote:
Oh, I just had another idea.

Maybe fancier, upgraded Banks and Backpacks (with larger capacities) could be added to the Black Market inventory and we have to farm Scrip to purchase them. Like we could use Scrip to upgrade our bank to a Vault and our BackPacks to a Fanny-pack (oh, scratch that, that's a downgrade), maybe a Duffel instead. Although, I think the using Crowns and making KI more money to keep this amazing game going method, would be perfectly fine with me. Either way, if it came to increasing our banks/packs/shared banks storage capacity-- I'd certainly pay Crowns for an increase and or farm for Scrip as well.

Or does adding too many additional items to be stored, across all pirates, create way too many programming, bandwidth and or server storage problems?
I tots agree with you on that. I'm always making trips to the bazar to sell all unwanted goodies. but I do think that instead of ur idea on it costing scrip or crowns for bigger backpack, maybe der should be 1 or 2 upgrades dat cost gold instead, den go to crowns after....just a thought....so every1 could upgrade a little...

Careless Natalie Evans lvl 45

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
StormBorne123 on Jan 17, 2015 wrote:
I tots agree with you on that. I'm always making trips to the bazar to sell all unwanted goodies. but I do think that instead of ur idea on it costing scrip or crowns for bigger backpack, maybe der should be 1 or 2 upgrades dat cost gold instead, den go to crowns after....just a thought....so every1 could upgrade a little...

Careless Natalie Evans lvl 45
I would absolutely be fantastically happy with that Natalie! A small upgrade with gold, so that all could benefit would be great and then if others want more they can shell out some Crowns for bigger increases or farm for Scrip.

However it were to happen, I would be sooooo for it.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Extra space would be lovely.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Let's build a treasure city! Oh wait that's El Dorado......*pushes Bishop out of the way....takes drawing board*....Maybe something at home in Krokatopia. It shall be glorious with great pillars and inscriptions...yes! Look upon my works ye mighty and despair!.....

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
DuranteRamses87 on Jan 20, 2015 wrote:
Let's build a treasure city! Oh wait that's El Dorado......*pushes Bishop out of the way....takes drawing board*....Maybe something at home in Krokatopia. It shall be glorious with great pillars and inscriptions...yes! Look upon my works ye mighty and despair!.....

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
Ah, a quote from the poem "Ozymandias"! "My name is Ozymandias, king of kings! Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!" Nothing beside remains.

Gunner's Mate
Jul 08, 2013
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jan 15, 2015 wrote:
I really think that an increase in gear storage space may be in order, by some means and or manner. If you think about, in recent months we have seen several updates and components of the game that add more items for our young pirates to hold on to, pass around and store. There's the advanced pets, in which many of us morph quite a few times a day, producing pets that take up space in our packs and banks. Although, since we can let them roam in our homes, that helps alleviate some of the crowdedness from our packs and banks. We also have companion tasks that bring in new gear, a tower that brings in amazing new gear and should soon be getting new content that will most certainly foster in a new haul of amazing goodies-- all that we will have to store somewhere. In addition we have new booster packs that bring in new gear and new items being added to the Crown Shop and vendor inventories. Throughout all of these great new ways to acquire additional gear, we have not seen any increase in our pirates' storage capacities.

It is evident that "pirates filled to capacity" is a common issue because of the numerous times going to morph with someone and either you or your partner gets that backpack full message. Then comes the sighs that come from trying to see what can be "sacrificed" and or moved to make room for a new critter. So, clearly we all could use just a wee bit more storage room.

So I suggest either a "free", small increase to each pirates pack & bank(maybe 20 items) and a larger capacity increase to the shared bank (maybe 50 items)....OR a potion that we can purchase from the Crown Shop that could increase our Pack and/or Bank and/or Shared Bank maximum capacities. I certainly would purchase the ability to increase my pack and bank space, and I'm sure many others would as well. Just think about the game revenue it would rack up if each player out there could purchase 20 item increment potions to each pirates' pack and bank and 50 item increment potions to each account shared bank with a max limit of 200 items per bank/pack/shared bank-- for members, that's as much as 24 pack potions and 30 bank potions and 12 shared bank potions, spread across 6 pirates......per account, per player in the Spiral. That's a lot of extra dough brought in and a lot of much needed, extra space. More room may also lead to more purchases from second chance chests and or from the Crown Shop-- can't buy anything new if we have no where to put it.

At minimum I'd say it would be nice to see a small increase to our packs and or shared banks. Also, maybe a new storage unit called a Kennel or Corral or Stable in which we can store pets, without it counting towards our bank/pack/shared bank/housing space. We could access this Corral from the Housing Bank mode and move pets into it from all of the other storage unit types and move them from the Corral to the different areas, as well. Just some suggestions that may help players out with that ever growing, out of room issue.
You really know how to make a great idea valkor i love this idea!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
warrior021u on Jan 30, 2015 wrote:
You really know how to make a great idea valkor i love this idea!
Thank you Warrior!

It sure would be nice to get a wee bit more room in our packs and/or bank(s). Even if we have to pay via gold, Scrip or even Crowns. Just getting a chance at more room would certainly be welcomed, however we happen to come by it. Hopefully when the new content comes, we'll see an increase to at least our packs and shared banks (even just our shared banks would suffice). I think it would be warranted since there probably will be tons of new gear to start collecting...and storing-- on top of what we already have in storage.

I know that increased bank/pack room is one of the aspects that help entice players to upgrade to membership, but offering up the increase in inventory by Crown purchase only would also create some revenue. Maybe to help with the recruiting of new members, the purchased increases to packs/banks could only be available to members as well, via Crowns of course. That way KI would get double the membership upgrade interests, for those whom are seeking more content and more gear space as well. You know, the whole extra rewards for being a member thing-a-majiggy.

No matter how it happens I am eagerly awaiting that day that we can have a bit more room for all of our acquired goodies. I think it will happen someday, at least I'm holding out hope for it. We shall see, but in the meantime, keep your fingers and hooks crossed!

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Valkoor is wise in the ways of backpacks. (Among other things).

-Indigo

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
A restriction that could be added is that only Pirates over level 60 (or 50) could get the Backpack/Bank expansion. This would keep the flavor (and the challenge) of the first part of the game while allowing Pirates who reach the higher levels (and will probably keep playing) more storage to hold on to items they may need later.