Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Earn Crowns Button?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
I'm not sure if it's really a bug but I'm nervous that might be, or worse. A few days ago I logged into the game and noticed something new, an "Earn Crowns" button right next to the "Friends" list. Naturally I checked out this new feature (who wouldn't at the prospect of earning free crowns) and basically what it is is you watch a short video clip and afterwards you receive 10 crowns, and this repeats over and over. I thought nothing of it at first but after 10 times I got suspicious of how simple, easy, and numerous it was. So I went to the website and found nothing on it, which worried me, and then asked some friends about it, whom told me that they didn't have or even heard of this feature. At this point I'm in a near panic because I heard about what happened when KI found out about websites that were giving out, for lack of a better term, illegal crowns or crown codes. If I remember correctly, those who downloaded those crowns had their accounts terminated. I'm a nervous wreck that this "Earn Crowns" button is a scam and I really don't want my account terminated, which would be unfair for something that appeared while playing the game. The only crowns I ever got prior to this showing up were bought from GameStop and the only download prior to it was for an ad-blocker (my computer is plagued by ads and pop-ups). I have never gotten any crowns that were beyond what KI permits and I'm worried about what this thing really is. I've gotten too far, I've worked too hard, and I love Pirate101 too much to be stopped now. Please KI, put my mind at peace, is this button a legitimate feature that you've put into the game or am I being scammed by something beyond my control? Please reply as soon as possible so I can stop worrying about my pirates' welfare.

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
Ahoy!

The Earn Crowns is a new feature that can be turned on or off in the Advanced Gameplay Options screen. No need to worry.

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
Bonnie Anne on Oct 30, 2014 wrote:
Ahoy!

The Earn Crowns is a new feature that can be turned on or off in the Advanced Gameplay Options screen. No need to worry.
Thank you soooooo much Bonnie, you've taken a 500,000 pound weight off my conscience. I was really worried about where it actually came from because I didn't see anything about it on the website and my friends didn't seem to know what button I was talking about. But thank you for setting my mind at ease. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go watch short videos and earn 10 free crowns at the same time. Happy Birth-o-ween, mateys

Lieutenant
Jun 16, 2012
This thread was the first I was aware of this new feature so I went to go check it out. I did run into one snag, there is a video that refuses to load. All I get is a gray screen with a spinning white circle in the center that never does anything else (I have waited a good five minutes). If I hit the close button it just says I watched a few seconds but need to watch the entire video to earn crowns. Thought you might like to know there is a dud in the line up!

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
I think that this a great idea as an easy way to earn Crowns. But I do have a few questions.

What is the maximum number of Crowns that we can earn per day (if there is a limit)?

Do we have to keep track of how many videos we watch to make sure we get the correct number of Crowns? I noticed a message which implied that we needed to keep track to make sure we get the correct number of Crowns.

How do you keep bots from watching over and over by pressing the "Close button" and then "Watch the Next Video button"? (bots being short for robot computers)

Are you concerned about losing some players to the other games being shown?

Thank you for responding to my questions and concerns.

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
The Helpful Pirate on Nov 2, 2014 wrote:
I think that this a great idea as an easy way to earn Crowns. But I do have a few questions.

What is the maximum number of Crowns that we can earn per day (if there is a limit)?

Do we have to keep track of how many videos we watch to make sure we get the correct number of Crowns? I noticed a message which implied that we needed to keep track to make sure we get the correct number of Crowns.

How do you keep bots from watching over and over by pressing the "Close button" and then "Watch the Next Video button"? (bots being short for robot computers)

Are you concerned about losing some players to the other games being shown?

Thank you for responding to my questions and concerns.
Ahoy!

1) There's no limit, but there will be a limited number of videos that may change in amount each day. If you run out, just try again another day.

2) That's up to you. The crowns are awarded automatically. There may be a small delay between when you finish the video and when you get the crowns, so please be patient before sounding any alarms about not getting your crowns.

3) Magic.

4) No.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Bonnie Anne on Nov 2, 2014 wrote:
Ahoy!

1) There's no limit, but there will be a limited number of videos that may change in amount each day. If you run out, just try again another day.

2) That's up to you. The crowns are awarded automatically. There may be a small delay between when you finish the video and when you get the crowns, so please be patient before sounding any alarms about not getting your crowns.

3) Magic.

4) No.
LOL I just loved 3 & 4

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Thank you for responding. I do have some other questions and concerns.

So far there seem to about 12 to 13 videos to watch.

While watching the videos after pressing the Earn Crowns button, I noticed that none of the Play Now or Register Now or Play For Free or Click Here buttons are working. Is this correct?

You may have to scroll the video window down to find/see the Close button for that video. The Close button takes you back to the next video window.

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
The Helpful Pirate on Nov 3, 2014 wrote:
Thank you for responding. I do have some other questions and concerns.

So far there seem to about 12 to 13 videos to watch.

While watching the videos after pressing the Earn Crowns button, I noticed that none of the Play Now or Register Now or Play For Free or Click Here buttons are working. Is this correct?

You may have to scroll the video window down to find/see the Close button for that video. The Close button takes you back to the next video window.
Some of the videos may have something that looks like a "click here" type button but you are correct, those will not work. This is intended. You should not click on an in-game video and be taken to something out of game.

Community Leader
Bonnie Anne on Oct 30, 2014 wrote:
Ahoy!

Aha! Thanks for that tidbit!

Was wondering why it showed for my non-sub account, but did not show up for my subscribed account.

Im guessing the setting of "Auto" is basically, show when non-subbed, and hide when subbed.

Turned to "Show" and im good to go, sub or no! ;)

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Ensign
Aug 16, 2011
I am very confused right now about the "Free Crowns" button. I can't seem to make it load! I try try and try again but to no avail help plz?

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
DayOldMuffin on Nov 3, 2014 wrote:
I am very confused right now about the "Free Crowns" button. I can't seem to make it load! I try try and try again but to no avail help plz?
You will need to enable the feature in the Advanced Gameplay tab of your Options screen.

If the option is not there, you will need to enable the feature for your account using the Parental Controls settings under My Account on the website.