Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

color changed ankylosaur mount

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 08, 2010
I have a Jade (green) ankylosaur that suddenly changed to the appearance of the citrine (yellow) one.
No clue how or when it happened and in my backpack it still looks green, but when i place it at my home or ride it, It is yellow.

Ensign
Jun 03, 2009
I just bought a blue and purple permanent batacuda mount, and after placing him in my house for a little while he changed colors to red and yellow, Me and my mom both bought the purple and blue batacuda mounts at the same time so we could have matching mounts. After about a day and a half all of a sudden he changed colors. We are both upset, about not having matching mounts anymore, but I will admit the new color is growing on me, but I'm more concerned about the problem itself. My mom won't put her mount in her house because she don't want it to change color. Shes hoping we we can trash the glitched mount and get her crowns back and buy the mount again, and just not put in the house until they fix the bug.

Petty Officer
May 21, 2008
It seems that when you place mount into your house, after some moments, he changes colors back to default colors or starts using original colors. For example Ankylosaur has orange and purple colors in Wizard101, and so I believe this is original colors for this model. Clearly the Batacuda has original colors of red and yellow as seen on some art and packages.

Bosun
May 10, 2010
Yes, for some mounts, placing the mount in your home or dorm room can change the color of it. In some ways, this is awesome, as the hunting puma turns from blue to purple to match my witchdoctor!

So, I hope they don't fix this, but they probably will.

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
Darth JT on Sep 16, 2014 wrote:
Yes, for some mounts, placing the mount in your home or dorm room can change the color of it. In some ways, this is awesome, as the hunting puma turns from blue to purple to match my witchdoctor!

So, I hope they don't fix this, but they probably will.
Or at the very least make it so it's just a completely optional change that players can make to their mounts instead if they really want to do so to them then and there.

Lieutenant
Jun 16, 2012
Another mount for the list. My thuderous ki-ren (permanent) is now blue after being left at my house for a few minutes. (Funny I always read that name as thunderous but when I look that isn't how it is spelled.)

Ensign
Jan 14, 2012
So is this permanant? I have both the Jade and Citrine and now they match. Kinda scary to think a simple color can mess up. Shouldn't the code be different between items or at least enough for the program to make a distinction?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Michael Boom on Oct 17, 2014 wrote:
So is this permanant? I have both the Jade and Citrine and now they match. Kinda scary to think a simple color can mess up. Shouldn't the code be different between items or at least enough for the program to make a distinction?
Welcome to the message boards Michael.
Yea I agree here. While the glitch is fun to be able to have a variation on colors of your mounts, it shouldn't totally remove the color and make it match another. So I hope they fix it and still let us have our paleface mounts but no doppelgangers.