Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Rookochet?? Oh, come on!!!

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jan 17, 2012
So, I decide to do something different because of all the debris, and go up against Rooke with a team of musketeers.

Only to find that Rooke has this thing called Rookochet which basically makes him immune to musketeers, in fact, musketeers hurt your own team.

I manage to get past Rooke, thanks to the Marlebonians and my pet, and think it's all over, and I'm heading back.

Only to face the General of the Armada. Before I go in, I check his stats. I see no Rookochet. Good.

I get out my team of musketeers....

...only to find he DOES have Rookochet, and I go down to ignominious defeat.

How about TELLING us about Rookochet, huh??

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Max DeGroot on Jun 13, 2014 wrote:
So, I decide to do something different because of all the debris, and go up against Rooke with a team of musketeers.

Only to find that Rooke has this thing called Rookochet which basically makes him immune to musketeers, in fact, musketeers hurt your own team.

I manage to get past Rooke, thanks to the Marlebonians and my pet, and think it's all over, and I'm heading back.

Only to face the General of the Armada. Before I go in, I check his stats. I see no Rookochet. Good.

I get out my team of musketeers....

...only to find he DOES have Rookochet, and I go down to ignominious defeat.

How about TELLING us about Rookochet, huh??
Don't EVER attack him with magic, either!

Developer
I think a nasty surprise from a boss is ok every now and then.

And I think losing a battle, especially to a boss, is ok, too.

You should be level 55 (or more) before you face Rooke.

I think by that point you should expect some occasional difficulty, and be prepared to handle it.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
I have said it before, but I will say it again: as a player, I really do love a nasty surprise from a big boss! It makes you respect the enemy all the more, and there is something to be said for the sheer fact of blinking in surprise at the computer screen, and then having the reaction: "Wow! Cool! I didn't know he could do that!" We also appreciate winning all the more when the battle is hard fought.

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Just use your Musketeer special moves, and a TON of Swashbucklers. Rooke wasn't a threat once I figured that out. I beat that oversized Clockwork in 3 turns lol. Let the Redcoats take the fire and keep him distracted while you go in for the kill. Also, DO NOT use Witchdoctor moves. He will use a move that will attack before you do, and it does A LOT of damage.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Another thing I noticed. It seemed every single time a Marlebonian healed Nelson, all of the Armada ganged up on that soldier until he died.

Is that illusion, or did that actually happen?

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
I sincerely hope you don't decide to give us a nastier surprise and make a boss that is effectively immune to three different classes, but a different three each time you face him..

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Max DeGroot on Jun 14, 2014 wrote:
I sincerely hope you don't decide to give us a nastier surprise and make a boss that is effectively immune to three different classes, but a different three each time you face him..
I'm sure there'll be a chink in the armor ( something like kryptonite to Superman ).

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Oh my goodness Have you thought that one through How on earth would we set up our crew if it was gonna be different each time? Please don't give Ratbeard such dangerous ideas like that.

Petty Officer
Jul 26, 2011
Bucs are best against rooke (that's you ratbeard)

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Don't give Ratbeard any ideas!

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
WHAT he is immune to witchdoctors
i havnt faced him yet and being a witchdoctor this is NOT GOOD when i get up to him ill ask for tips

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
witchdoctor daruis on Jun 15, 2014 wrote:
i havnt faced him yet and being a witchdoctor this is NOT GOOD when i get up to him ill ask for tips
Best tip: go in with bucks or swashies, give one Raven's Cry. Get between Rooke and an object or enemy, he has Overprotection which is a knockback. Getting between him and something else stops the knockback. DO NOT use musks or witch powers against him. He is not immune to WD, he just has a very nasty 'preemptive strike' that does severe damage.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Do it Ratbeard. A boss with an occasional change in weakness throughout the battle would be perfect for the final boss. It changes every few turns without warning between being weak to magic, melee, or gun style fighting. Perfect and genius. No two fights against him would be the same. This has been done in other games by the creator of the prototype if you know what I mean. (wink wink). Nothing wrong with being slightly evil yourself. I know you have come up with your best stuff being so.

Love it!

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
witchdoctor daruis on Jun 15, 2014 wrote:
From my own experience and what I am reading on this thread:

Go up against Rooke with a team of Buccaneers and/or Swashbucklers. Ratbeard should put on his extra defense spell, and El Toro should do his increased criticals/dodge spell. Kan Po (witch doctors get him at the very beginning during the tutorial) will have a heal with him. Save it for emergencies.

Use your witch doctor abilities to summon helpers (by then you should have two or three). I don't think witch doctor spells that are not actual attacks draw the ire of Rooke, but I could be wrong. I almost have all my characters use practice points to get heal spells from The Commodore, the Privateer's mentor.

Note that the objective of the fight is two-fold: protect Nelson and defeat Rooke. Don't worry too much about the former. When he gets too low one of his crewmates does a heal on him (often to their demise, but still). Send all your companions against Rooke himself. He will try to hide near debris and use attacks that push you away. Try not to have a blank spot behind you, or he will, and you lose your attack (wish my companions had first strikes like that...) If you cannot get near him, attack others near him, to possibly open up a spot, or even get rid of debris.

Hope that helps.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
This is why if your character is a Musketeer rather then using his/her usual shooty weapon, use a Smashy, Stabby or Slashy weapon with a sheild if possiable against, this giant Clockwork. Good luck to all Musketeers out there and other pirate classes. Although I have yet to challenge this giant, due to my max leveled character.

If you are lucky, there is a very small chance Rook will drop his shield, now how will that special ability RooKochet be triggered ? Is there is a certain percentage or something, I would like to see this ability in action,as a player. If any chance someone figure it out, please answer. Thanks

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Ratbeard on Jun 13, 2014 wrote:
I think a nasty surprise from a boss is ok every now and then.

And I think losing a battle, especially to a boss, is ok, too.

You should be level 55 (or more) before you face Rooke.

I think by that point you should expect some occasional difficulty, and be prepared to handle it.
Ratbeard, I do like to expect such nasty surprises from bosses because they always try to pull a fast one on Pirates so they can cheat their way to their victory. Wizard101 does have many bosses that perform tricky cheats that makes battles more difficult, and I've seen some bosses in Pirate101 that does perform some cheats to try to turn the tide of the battle. I've no doubt there are more of them to come, including Phule himself. Can't wait to see what kinds of nasty surprises that Clockwork Elite may have.

As for the other Pirates out there who get upset about them, don't fret. Nasty surprises from bosses are all part of this. We can expect a nasty trick or few from them and learn to get around them.

Ensign
May 13, 2011
That sounds fun

PIGMEN ROCK