Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What is your opinion on the Class-Specific Houses?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jan 28, 2014
I'd thought I'd discuss this.

What is your favorite class house and why? Mine would have to be the Privateer house, it's like Marleybone, except with a few differences:

-It's more of a Medieval town instead.
-There's a castle, which Marleybone did not have.
-Daytime instead of nighttime.

My opinions on the houses:

Musketeer: Perfect for practicing Musketeer's shot! I love the exterior and how we can shoot Armada targets. Adds a very nice effect. This place is all in-one thing, rather than having seperate houses connected with one big tower. The area has parts from Aquila and Cool Ranch.

Buccaneer: Stormy, perfect for strong and nautical buccaneers. The thunderstorm really sets the mood, and some of the interactable things here are cool. Such as the Kraken Target and the Armada Practice Dummies. Has parts from Skull Island and Valencia. (The sky color is emerald green, but darker.)

Privateer: Ahh, soothing village, like Marleybone, except more medieval-ish. The interior design is lovely! A castle, a sewer, and other houses for guests! The fountain is very nice as well. Every now and then, fireworks appear. This has parts from Skull Island, Marleybone and Aquila.

Witchdoctor: OOoooooh, very spooky! The grotto gives me the chills. The jungly effect and the toxic water give this place a very good effect. This place also has a secret where you can go into underground. This has parts from Skull Island and Marleybone.

Swashbuckler: A nighttime lagoon, where there's a beach where you can sunbathe (If it was sunny XD), go surfing and such. This house also has many mementos from your adventures, such as the Armada ship you were imprisoned in, an El Toro statue, and more. Like the Witchdoctor's Grotto, the fireplace is the secret. This has parts from Marleybone and Skull Island.

What is your opinion on the Class houses? Discuss.

Lieutenant
May 09, 2009
I remember when these came out last year. One of the favorite updates to pirate101! As a swashbuckler, I got my class themed house because I liked it even though I would have gotten it anyway. I will list my favorite parts of the house.
1. 2 buildings: I just love how the house is separated!
2. Area behind the fireplace: All I need to say is, amazing
3. Armada ship: gotta love it
4. PvP Battle Board:I think its a nice adjustment
One thing that bugged me though was the wizard101 school themed houses seemed to be smaller, had no pvp arenas, and had less intractable things. Since I was a storm on wizard, Swashbuckler house seems a lot better than the storm in my opinion! That's why when It comes down to it I have always like pirate101 better than wizard101.

See you in the skyways
Noble Ryan Thompson

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
itsamemario4 on May 18, 2014 wrote:

What is your favorite class house and why? Mine would have to be the Privateer house, it's like Marleybone, except with a few differences:

Musketeer: Perfect for practicing Musketeer's shot! I love the exterior and how we can shoot Armada targets. Adds a very nice effect. This place is all in-one thing, rather than having seperate houses connected with one big tower. The area has parts from Aquila and Cool Ranch.

Buccaneer: Stormy, perfect for strong and nautical buccaneers. The thunderstorm really sets the mood, and some of the interactable things here are cool. Such as the Kraken Target and the Armada Practice Dummies. Has parts from Skull Island and Valencia. (The sky color is emerald green, but darker.)

Privateer: Ahh, soothing village, like Marleybone, except more medieval-ish. The interior design is lovely! A castle, a sewer, and other houses for guests! The fountain is very nice as well. Every now and then, fireworks appear. This has parts from Skull Island, Marleybone and Aquila.

Witchdoctor: OOoooooh, very spooky! The grotto gives me the chills. The jungly effect and the toxic water give this place a very good effect. This place also has a secret where you can go into underground. This has parts from Skull Island and Marleybone.

Swashbuckler: A nighttime lagoon, where there's a beach where you can sunbathe (If it was sunny XD), go surfing and such. This house also has many mementos from your adventures, such as the Armada ship you were imprisoned in, an El Toro statue, and more. Like the Witchdoctor's Grotto, the fireplace is the secret. This has parts from Marleybone and Skull Island.

You covered this subject very well. As ny major character is a Swashy, Rake's Lagoon is a favorite, I like the secret bookcase and the fireplace that leads to a cavern - the agility training station is fun, too.

Haunted Grotto is next on my list of favorites, perfect for the Hoodoo master/mistress, very spooky.

Privateer's house is 'spot on'; a small town at your disposal with it's own sewer ( we know how much our companions love sewers! )

Muskeeter's Citital and Skull Rock have some problems ( to me ) I don't like Cool Ranch so much, and the one thing I would change about the buccaneer house is the shark tank. There's a section above where you can look down into the tank ( it even has a plank, where you can get rid of certain pesky house guest! ) The thing I would like to see is some shark fins made visible in the water, circling.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
itsamemario4 on May 18, 2014 wrote:

Nice descriptions of the houses! I really enjoy the variety and little hidden surprises that each class house brings and they all seem to fit the classes really well. I really like the Secret Shark Tank in the Buccaneer house and the 'pet' in the basement as well. I have all of the houses on my Buccaneer and am still in decorateand furnish mode on most of them. Just as you described, they all have their own charms about them that make them feel like a home.

But I would really like to see some new just strictly world themed houses. Like a MooShu Pagoda style house, a rustic and quaint little Cool Ranch Homestead, a Greco-Roman styled Aquilian house that you didn't have to get from a Bundle and a Spanish Revival/Eclectic and Mediterranean styled Monquistan villa.

I think more world themed housing would be a big hit, I know I would surely buy them!

Petty Officer
Jul 25, 2013
i love the musketeer house a lot, but i am a privateer myself, but the privateer house is a bit boring, the buccaneer house is more lively, so i the witchdoctor house, swashbuckler is ok

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
I like them all \_ o. o _/

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Guys................Sush about the sewers already. I nearly had a mutiny on my hands until I convinced them that it is fresh water and thus it is a Spring House for storing goods that need a lower temperature. *Whispers* It's a Spring House ok?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on May 19, 2014 wrote:
Guys................Sush about the sewers already. I nearly had a mutiny on my hands until I convinced them that it is fresh water and thus it is a Spring House for storing goods that need a lower temperature. *Whispers* It's a Spring House ok?
A-Ok , Chrissy ( but its sooo conveient to the house basements; which my Priv. has set up as a bathroom. )

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
anecorbie on May 19, 2014 wrote:
A-Ok , Chrissy ( but its sooo conveient to the house basements; which my Priv. has set up as a bathroom. )
Lol, that is pretty dang funny.....your Privy has set up the basement as a PRIVY!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on May 20, 2014 wrote:
Lol, that is pretty dang funny.....your Privy has set up the basement as a PRIVY!
Exactly! I wonder how many are aware of the conotations of the word 'privy'

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on May 19, 2014 wrote:
That's pretty funny, Chrissy....but I still don't think you will catch members of my crew drinking or bathing in it- well maybe Monkey King. Although, I could see Sqwuakules, Zeena, Samocles and my other Eagle companions using it as an occasional birdbath.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
KingsIsle really outdid themselves last summer with those houses. My favorite one is... whichever one I am running around in at the moment. They are all five excellent.

-Indigo

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
My favorite is the Privateer house. I've only ever owned two of the five, and only on the test realm, though.
Privateer House makes me feel like I'm a king! A KING! MWAHAHAHA!
OK, insane moment over.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
anecorbie on May 19, 2014 wrote:
So ... your Privy has a privy?

(Sorry I couldn't resist.)