Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

am i too under level

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 13, 2011
i have a quest to enter cool ranch and i am only around level 16. is this right?

Noble Cole Lewis, swash buckler, level 16

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
the awesome pyroma... on May 17, 2014 wrote:
i have a quest to enter cool ranch and i am only around level 16. is this right?

Hi Awesome Pyromancer, welcome to the message boards.
That is a little low but not unheard of. If you haven't done all your side quests I would do all of those first to get some more leveling under your belt or those scorpions will be chasing you to the life fountain and making your companions loving their bedrest.

Captain
Dec 11, 2010

:D your right on track, my characters entered at about that level as well

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010

That's pretty much normal level for entering cool ranch. 3 of my pirates entered at level 16, with one entering at level 15.

Ensign
Mar 21, 2009
Hey, welcome to the message boards! Your right on par with what level to be to enter. I just got my buc in and he is only lvl 15.

Ruthless Nicholas Pace lvl 65
Cunning Nicholas Pace lvl 15

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
I would recommend that you do all other quests before going to Cool Ranch. I think that you should be about level 17 to 18 when you go and doing quests will help you level up. And, even then, you should do all the non-fighting quests first to level up as much as possible. Cool Ranch is Hard when you first get there, even at level 17 or 18.

Ensign
Apr 13, 2011
wow! really? this is like the 3rd (counting Avernus 4th) sky way we have visited and level 16 (i am actually level 19 now) is normal. In Marleybone (in wizard101) your supposed to be level 30 when you leave. i guess pirate101 is very different, using other icons, and phrases, and what not.

Noble Cole Lewis () level 19

p.s. i can't believe how nice everyone is, welcoming me to the message boards here on pirate101

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
the awesome pyroma... on May 19, 2014 wrote:
wow! really? this is like the 3rd (counting Avernus 4th) sky way we have visited and level 16 (i am actually level 19 now) is normal. In Marleybone (in wizard101) your supposed to be level 30 when you leave. i guess pirate101 is very different, using other icons, and phrases, and what not.

p.s. i can't believe how nice everyone is, welcoming me to the message boards here on pirate101
Well, the nice friendly and helpful community we have here is another difference I've found between Pirate101 and Wiz.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009

*Beams proudly at all the Message Board Marauders*

Developer
If you follow just the mainline quests, you should be exactly Level 15 when you enter Cool Ranch.

A couple of notes:

1) With the new content at the beginning of the game, you might be a little higher than L15 now. (I'm not rebalancing or removing any XP to compensate for the new content-- just enjoy the little power boost!)

2) You may find it too challenging at L15. Lots of people do; don't sweat it! I recommend that you go back and complete some side quests from Skull Island. I usually avoid most of the side quests in an area until I enter a new area-- and then I go back and do the side quests. That way, you'll be higher level, and you'll speed through the side quests that much easier.

So when I get to Cool Ranch, I go back and do Skull Island/Monquista side quests. When I get to Mooshu, I go back and complete Cool Ranch. When I get to Marleybone, I go back and finish Mooshu side quests, and so on.

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
You are around the starting level for Cool Ranch, but it may prove difficult, I suggest doing some sidequests to level your pirate

Gunner's Mate
Jul 08, 2013

glad you like the message boards be careful cool ranch was HARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so yeah you will be glad to be a higher level the message boards can help you with anything its full of tips laughs and awesome pirates if you want to meet up with some of the message board pirates the best idea is to join a party party's rock that's how i first met the message boards pirates ( chrissy jack etc.)

fearless talon Lewis

enjoy the message boards!