Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

I don't understand i can't seem to level up

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2013
I don't understand it no matter how many marleybone quests i complete for the mechanic before you face rooke
i haven't leveled up once ...

- Faithful Tatiana Jackson

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
Kronosroses on Jan 10, 2014 wrote:
I don't understand it no matter how many marleybone quests i complete for the mechanic before you face rooke

I understand your pain, i almost gave up on the game when i saw a series of quests with barely 500 xp in total, but then again, they're for Grace's promotion. I only wish they didn't make it compulsary, i don't even use Grace or like her strength-wise, since she's so weak. And the quests you had to do to get her promoted were quite hard. Nevertheless, they should really not make it a main quest, since some people (like myself) don't want to promote her. I guess it's some xp better than nothing, as in most companion promotions you don't gain anything.

Merciless Jean Percy, 65
Merciless Jack Ramsey, 64

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
Kronosroses on Jan 10, 2014 wrote:

Side quests give much less bonus XP than story line quests for a reason. KI doesn't want you to be too far ahead of the people who do no side quests so that you will have a similar challenge when you do the main quests. Having said that I urge you to complete side quests, except those that give you companions, and level up before you go to go to Trafalgar Vortex. It will make the dungeon easier, and Catbeard will be a level higher, saving you gold at the end of Aquila, by using fewer training tomes. If you have done all the side quests that don't give companions, surely you are high enough level to defeat Rooke and his minions easily, but you could always farm Bishop for his staff. Its better than any staff in Aquila.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2013
no they were story quests.

First Mate
May 01, 2012
You fail to mention what level your Pirate is at. Do you know about the level cap of 65? That means you will never go higher in levels than 65 until they change the level cap which is probably going to be when the next major update comes out.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2013
i know that. My character is a level 59 witch doctor.

First Mate
May 01, 2012
The main time that I gain enough experience to level up is by completing quests. If you are not able to complete a quest, then all you can do is fight and win which gains you experience but very slowly. The fights need to be the encounter type of fight since the fights in a dungeon (except for random encounters in the dungeon) have a reduction of experience for each time the fight is repeated or so I understand from the last major update notes. If you skipped some quests, I would go back and complete them to level up.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Really I was lvl 30 and went to lvl 32 in 1 game I played for 1 hour and a half lol