Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Volcano Bug

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jul 22, 2013
I was trying to get the bananas from the zeke quest and I used ratbeards card charge to get the last tiki statue and it disappears and combat still resumes I am currently stuck in combat forcing me to flee.

Administrator
Hi! Can you supply us with some more information?

• Level of your character:
  • Location where the bug occurred:
  • Quest Name (if applicable):
  • Companion Name and Tier of Promotion (if applicable):
  • Description of the bug:
  • How often does this bug seem to happen? (Once/Sometimes/Often/Every time)
  • Were you playing Solo? (Y/N)
  • If you were in a group or playing with others, how many?
  • Were you the only one to experience this issue?
  • Can you reproduce this bug?

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Petty Officer
Jul 22, 2013
One-Eyed Jack on Jan 2, 2014 wrote:
Hi! Can you supply us with some more information?

• Level of your character:
  • Location where the bug occurred:
  • Quest Name (if applicable):
  • Companion Name and Tier of Promotion (if applicable):
  • Description of the bug:
  • How often does this bug seem to happen? (Once/Sometimes/Often/Every time)
  • Were you playing Solo? (Y/N)
  • If you were in a group or playing with others, how many?
  • Were you the only one to experience this issue?
  • Can you reproduce this bug?
* 63 witchdoctor
* Volcano where you get to defeat ratbeard but actually don't
* I was on the zeke quest to find the rotten bananas in skull island
* Ratbeard he is at the final promotion
* All the tikis were gone but fight still assumed had to flee to get out of the fight
* Whenever you use his charge with his max promotion
* Yes I was alone
* Playing alone
* I really don't know if someone else has experienced this
* I think so

Administrator
Thanks for the additional information!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
You can actually get those bananas without triggering that final fight. Just edge up along that left hand side of the platform and you can get to those bananas. If it does happen to trigger you should have still gotten close enough to get credit and you can flee if you wish.

First Mate
May 01, 2012
I also had the problem of Chumba Wumba continually getting back up. I think I defeated him 5 or 6 times before I gave up and hit the Flee button. I then went back and was able to successfully complete the mission.

The difference between the two times was the first time I destroyed one of the idols with a non-physical attack (ie I used bombardment but I suspect that other similar attacks would have the same result: Lightning, Ghostwail, etc.). When using a non-physical attack, the idol is apparently destroyed but there is no left-over stump like there is with a physical attack. A work-around is to have your characters attack the idols with movement as opposed to another type of attack. This also works for Bonnie Anne even though she is a Musketeer.

Administrator
As a follow up to this bug report, we were able to recreate this bug while using Ratbeard's Clear the Deck ability. We'll be looking to fix this in one of our upcoming updates.

Lieutenant
Dec 15, 2012
Since you are talking about the Volcano, is it normal to only be able to do the "Volcano!" dungeon once a day? I was trying to get the badge for defeating him 3 times, but it only allowed me to do the dungeon once (it being I entered the dungeon a second time and all enemies were gone)
Witty Gavin Bristol- level 27 swashbuckler
No particular quest, just doing the Volcano dungeon.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Witty Gavin on Jan 8, 2014 wrote:
Since you are talking about the Volcano, is it normal to only be able to do the "Volcano!" dungeon once a day? I was trying to get the badge for defeating him 3 times, but it only allowed me to do the dungeon once (it being I entered the dungeon a second time and all enemies were gone)
If you teleport out of the volcano it will not reset. If you go out the same door you came in it will reset right away and you won't have to wait for the 30 min timer.

First Mate
May 01, 2012
Witty Gavin on Jan 8, 2014 wrote:
Just exit past the sigil and re-enter using the sigil and you shouldn't have any problems with the 30 min. reset Of course, you do have to defeat Chumba Wumba, destroy the idols (with physical attacks), and defeat Chumba Wumba again. At worst, just wait the 30 min. for the reset to occur (maybe go farm somewhere else for a that 30 min?)..