Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Test server should be open more often and...

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
allow the purchase of gift packs and the like. I am aware that the test realm is used by KingsIsle to test out new changes, but the players use it in the same way when it comes to trying what they don't have in order to decide if they want to spend crowns on the stuff they don't already have or not. I like to test out different crown companions on my various characters but when the test realm is open I have too few crowns to test everything that I'd like to test even when crowns reset every day the test server is online. I'd love to test out packs on the test and then decide whether or not to spend hard currency upon it or not, as it stands now if I can't test it out first I don't spend. The test server should be open more often and a regular basis whether or not KingsIsle is testing new programming out or not as from the player's stance we'd like to test out what we don't have but could have for crowns.

Ensign
Aug 25, 2009
If the Test Realm was open almost all the time, people would start playing the game there, and not on the actual server, which means they would never buy crowns, so KI would make crowns worth money on the Test Realm, and that pretty much defeats the point of what you wanted. It's good in theory, though.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
seasnake on Nov 26, 2013 wrote:
allow the purchase of gift packs and the like. I am aware that the test realm is used by KingsIsle to test out new changes, but the players use it in the same way when it comes to trying what they don't have in order to decide if they want to spend crowns on the stuff they don't already have or not. I like to test out different crown companions on my various characters but when the test realm is open I have too few crowns to test everything that I'd like to test even when crowns reset every day the test server is online. I'd love to test out packs on the test and then decide whether or not to spend hard currency upon it or not, as it stands now if I can't test it out first I don't spend. The test server should be open more often and a regular basis whether or not KingsIsle is testing new programming out or not as from the player's stance we'd like to test out what we don't have but could have for crowns.
That is kind of a neat idea. I try to do my testing on those few times it is open but yea having a limited test realm for us to see if that crown companion will really work out for us or not. Good thinking.