Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pirate101 Parodies

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 14, 2012
World Parodies:

Marleybone - Marylebone

Grizzleheim - Nifleheim

Area Parodies:

Maruzame Castle - Marugame Castle

Puerto Mico - Puerto Rico

Barkeley Square - Berkeley Square

Sivella - Seville

Fort McMurtry - Fort McMurray

NPC Parodies:

Marco Pollo - Marco Polo

Bonnie Anne - Anne Bonny

Merry Read - Mary Read

Napoleguin - Napoleon

Other Parodies:

Moodha - Buddha

Cao Tzu - Lao Tzu

Moodhism - Buddhism

Moodhist - Buddhist

Caoism - Taoism

Mexitoad - Mexico

Kurgha - Gurkha

Hoodoo - Voodoo

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Krokotopia432 on Aug 13, 2013 wrote:
World Parodies:

Marleybone - Marylebone

Grizzleheim - Nifleheim

Area Parodies:

Maruzame Castle - Marugame Castle

Puerto Mico - Puerto Rico

Barkeley Square - Berkeley Square

Sivella - Seville

Fort McMurtry - Fort McMurray

NPC Parodies:

Marco Pollo - Marco Polo

Bonnie Anne - Anne Bonny

Merry Read - Mary Read

Napoleguin - Napoleon

Other Parodies:

Moodha - Buddha

Cao Tzu - Lao Tzu

Moodhism - Buddhism

Moodhist - Buddhist

Caoism - Taoism

Mexitoad - Mexico

Kurgha - Gurkha

Hoodoo - Voodoo
I'd say close on most of those, however, Hoodoo and Voodoo are not parodies. Voodoo is a type of religion which includes its own deities. I don't know very much about the history or Voodoo, but I believe it was created by early slaves brought to the carribean who based their religion on older African religions. Hoodoo is also known as American Folk Magic. Hoodoo is not a religion, it has no deities and like the Hoodoo used in game is based around making deals with an assortment of spirits. (Again, I'm definetly not an expert on Hoodoo or Voodoo so if someone reads this who knows more, I'm sorry if I have some inaccuracies.) In any case, Hoodoo and Voodoo are not the same thing.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
CdeWinter on Aug 13, 2013 wrote:
I'd say close on most of those, however, Hoodoo and Voodoo are not parodies. Voodoo is a type of religion which includes its own deities. I don't know very much about the history or Voodoo, but I believe it was created by early slaves brought to the carribean who based their religion on older African religions. Hoodoo is also known as American Folk Magic. Hoodoo is not a religion, it has no deities and like the Hoodoo used in game is based around making deals with an assortment of spirits. (Again, I'm definetly not an expert on Hoodoo or Voodoo so if someone reads this who knows more, I'm sorry if I have some inaccuracies.) In any case, Hoodoo and Voodoo are not the same thing.
Voodoo (in this game) is indeed a spin off of Hoodoo, for hoodoo is, as you said, conversing with spirits. Hoodoo is often mortals making bargains with evil spirits who only care about themselves, most of the time the mortals are hoping for invincibility or youth, but the spirits end up tricking them, and in the end the spirits always win. Sometimes mortals use the spirits to help them hold a grudge or to defeat an enemy. The spirits grant the mortal with a hoodoo doll that looks like their enemy, and with a special needle they pierce the heart of the enemy. This sometimes just weakens those whom the dolls are made off of, making them vulnerable, and sometimes it actually kills them. But voodoo in the game is a spin off of Hoodoo, which is spirit magic using mojo and juju charms. And cool! I didn't know that Voodoo was a religion!
Hey, did anyone else see the spin with Nurse Quinn? Just a few nights ago my dad came home from work and gave my mom and me a present -- five CDs, all six seasons of a television series called... Doctor Quinn, Medicine Woman. My mom and I have been watching it and it's a really enjoyable series. So did anyone else realize who Nurse Quinn, Medicine Chicken is based from?
Also, if I may change something from the original post, I've never seen a 'Mexitoad' but I have seen a 'Banditoad' which is a spin off of 'Bandito', the Spanish word for 'Bandit.' ...Don't ask how I know that.

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
Just Add Bacon reminded me of the now totally politically incorrect ad for Fritos when I was a kid. The Frito Bandito (voiced by the great Mel Blanc) and his silly song. Takes me way back.