Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The world of... Castaway

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Apr 09, 2011
Castaway used to be a tropical paradise, Castaway was a reference to " get away " " castaway " Now it is actually A Castaway...

The locked up sea monsters have escaped from below the clouds... Now the tropical paradise is flooded you are flying your ships only a few feet above water and most of the islands are flooded too! The sea creatures were let out by... [ Do I have to say it? ] The Armada however, you can help the people. Kane told the kraken to destroy the islands. You must find the kraken and defeat him. Kane left with kraken the amulet to keep the passage way from the sea creatures and Castaway Closed. Later in the game you get the kraken as a companion.

you were sent there looking for a map piece. [ if you have all of them it is because of all the complaints and cry's of help coming from Castaway. You must show you deserve el dorado ]

But.. Who lives in Castaway? Well you tell me!

Companions? You tell me!

Ideas? YOU TELL ME!

Zane 64

Lieutenant
Feb 20, 2010
Gunner's Mate
Apr 09, 2011
UPDATE:

Final boss, Leviathan

??? skyway, completely flooded, Need the new main quest ship to sail there.

Stabby and shooty weapon, Harpoon gun in one hand fin dorsals weapon in other hand.

Shooty weapon, Two handed harpoon

witchdoctor weapon, Triton

Well what do you think so far?

Bosun
Apr 26, 2009
The kraken as a companion? no, just no. Why would we want a giant purple lizard as our companion?

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
This is cool! Will edit with more ideas later, gotta go.

Gunner's Mate
Apr 09, 2011
Dead Eye Luke on Jun 29, 2013 wrote:
The kraken as a companion? no, just no. Why would we want a giant purple lizard as our companion?
Because he is amazing, he also throws lighting bolts.

Gunner's Mate
Apr 09, 2011
Frozenmuskets on Jun 29, 2013 wrote:
Parrots.
yes.yes.yes!

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
Pirates in the Sky on Jun 30, 2013 wrote:
This is cool! Will edit with more ideas later, gotta go.
Since it won't let me edit that post (weird?) I'll post my ideas here.

The skyways in Castaway could be bluish-green, since no one has bothered to clean the overgrowing algae. There is also flooding in some areas... The skyways could be:

Refugee's Sea- starting area, connects to River of the Fallen and Parrot Lake. Has stormgates to Valencia and Aquila. (You come through Aquila.) You have to help the residents here and fend off the sea creatures to get them to help you and lead you toward Parrot Lake.
Parrot Lake- second area, similar construction to Hammamitsu Skyway, just a lot larger. There are overgrown bridges, towns, etc above. Connects to Refugee's Sea, Atlantis Skyway, and Paradise Pond.
Atlantis Skyway- home of the city of Atlantis... except the Armada are trying to take over and find a hidden piece of the map. Half of the island is flooded, but you get to go underwater. You fight sea creatures underwater and Armada on land. (can't say more, haven't finished the storyline ) Connects to Parrot Lake, Deadly Lagoon, and Kraken's Lair. This is the third area you are in, and it has the most content.
Paradise Pond- Paradise Pond isn't so much of a paradise anymore. Flooding and plants let wild made residents forced to flee. Your quest in this area is to find out more about the Kraken, who knows about the Armada. The remaining residents need help though, and there may be a price to pay... This is the fourth area- connects to Parrot Lake.
Deadly Lagoon- In this area you are still searching for the Kraken, but you have also attracted the attention of the leviathan, who has cast a entanglement spell on the Kraken's Lair. You go to Deadly Lagoon to find how to get into the Kraken's Lair without the leviathan knowing. This is the fifth skyway, and it connects to Atlantis Skyway.
Kraken's Lair- This area has two islands, Kraken's Island and an unnamed island. (Maybe The Floating Land! This could be related to Celestia.) After you finally got into the skyway, you still need to know about the Kraken. The locals advise you not to go, but you attract the Kraken using Storm Fruit which must be salvaged from Lagooneys. Kraken's Island is a 2hr dungeon. You may or may not get a Kraken companion after this .This is the sixth area in Castaway, and it connects to Atlantis Skyway.
River of the Fallen- This is the final skyway in Castaway, and it has many deadly servants of the leviathan swarming around and quite a few un-enterable vortexes. The last dungeon is here, where you fight the leviathan in a 4hr dungeon. The leviathan is battled in ship combat to weaken it, then you board onto its neck and fight it in normal combat. The River is a skyway and connects to Refugee's Sea only.

Do you like my ideas? Anything that needs to be changed? Great world idea!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Purple? Isn't he green when he helps us sink ships? Perhaps you are thinking of the cephalopod? Hmm cephalopod is an octopus or squid. Maybe this purple kraken is an offspring of the two

Gunner's Mate
Apr 09, 2011
Pirates in the Sky on Jul 1, 2013 wrote:

The skyways in Castaway could be bluish-green, since no one has bothered to clean the overgrowing algae. There is also flooding in some areas... The skyways could be:

Refugee's Sea- starting area, connects to River of the Fallen and Parrot Lake. Has stormgates to Valencia and Aquila. (You come through Aquila.) You have to help the residents here and fend off the sea creatures to get them to help you and lead you toward Parrot Lake.
Parrot Lake- second area, similar construction to Hammamitsu Skyway, just a lot larger. There are overgrown bridges, towns, etc above. Connects to Refugee's Sea, Atlantis Skyway, and Paradise Pond.
Atlantis Skyway- home of the city of Atlantis... except the Armada are trying to take over and find a hidden piece of the map. Half of the island is flooded, but you get to go underwater. You fight sea creatures underwater and Armada on land. (can't say more, haven't finished the storyline ) Connects to Parrot Lake, Deadly Lagoon, and Kraken's Lair. This is the third area you are in, and it has the most content.
Paradise Pond- Paradise Pond isn't so much of a paradise anymore. Flooding and plants let wild made residents forced to flee. Your quest in this area is to find out more about the Kraken, who knows about the Armada. The remaining residents need help though, and there may be a price to pay... This is the fourth area- connects to Parrot Lake.
Deadly Lagoon- In this area you are still searching for the Kraken, but you have also attracted the attention of the leviathan, who has cast a entanglement spell on the Kraken's Lair. You go to Deadly Lagoon to find how to get into the Kraken's Lair without the leviathan knowing. This is the fifth skyway, and it connects to Atlantis Skyway.
Kraken's Lair- This area has two islands, Kraken's Island and an unnamed island. (Maybe The Floating Land! This could be related to Celestia.) After you finally got into the skyway, you still need to know about the Kraken. The locals advise you not to go, but you attract the Kraken using Storm Fruit which must be salvaged from Lagooneys. Kraken's Island is a 2hr dungeon. You may or may not get a Kraken companion after this .This is the sixth area in Castaway, and it connects to Atlantis Skyway.
River of the Fallen- This is the final skyway in Castaway, and it has many deadly servants of the leviathan swarming around and quite a few un-enterable vortexes. The last dungeon is here, where you fight the leviathan in a 4hr dungeon. The leviathan is battled in ship combat to weaken it, then you board onto its neck and fight it in normal combat. The River is a skyway and connects to Refugee's Sea only.

i love the idea hopefully. the p101 team will respond to this

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jul 2, 2013 wrote:
Purple? Isn't he green when he helps us sink ships? Perhaps you are thinking of the cephalopod? Hmm cephalopod is an octopus or squid. Maybe this purple kraken is an offspring of the two
The Kraken in Wizard101 is purple. https://kingsisle.hs.llnwd.net/e1/file/free/Wizard/C/Wizard-Society/wizardcitytriton_1280.jpg?v=1

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010

I just now realize that this world isn't very connected; when I made the skyways they're just all clumped to Atlantis Skyway, so I think that they need to have more connections. Does anyone have any ideas for "re-wiring" the skyway connections?

Petty Officer
Jan 18, 2013
Ok, this makes, like, zero sence. Reason 1: the game takes place in the skies, not above the sea. Reason 2: the kraken would be WAY to big to be a companion. And reason 3: why would Kane release the monsters? He wants to take over the spiral, don't you think he'd want the spiral in good shape?

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
Musket Man on Jul 20, 2013 wrote:
Ok, this makes, like, zero sence. Reason 1: the game takes place in the skies, not above the sea. Reason 2: the kraken would be WAY to big to be a companion. And reason 3: why would Kane release the monsters? He wants to take over the spiral, don't you think he'd want the spiral in good shape?
Yea it does. The water is on the islands because the Spiral can't survive without water. Also the worlds with one island on Wizard101 or two islands that are inKrok and Azteca have water on them.

Gunner's Mate
Apr 09, 2011
Musket Man on Jul 20, 2013 wrote:
1. in the skyway the water was under the clouds, and the skyway got flooded when the sea creatures were let out

2. the kraken would be the size of hawkules

3. he would be using them/ slowing us down

Gunner's Mate
Apr 09, 2011
well, this isn't the stormzilla lol

Gunner's Mate
Apr 09, 2011

I it! you just helped with a whole lot of work! thank you!

a question though, how would we fight leviathan on it's neck?

I think i really cool idea would be that you fight him in ship combat then he gets weakened and falls to an island nearby and then you fight him on land!

Gunner's Mate
Apr 09, 2011
Ensign
Jul 10, 2009
MightySwashbuckler... on Jul 26, 2013 wrote:

I think i really cool idea would be that you fight him in ship combat then he gets weakened and falls to an island nearby and then you fight him on land!
Maybe we could fight it like the plant in Diablo's Cut, where there would be a head and maybe like fins or arms or something.

There should definitively be a volleyball with a face painted on it somewhere-- as a reference to the movie Castaway .

Also, since you mentioned that it used to be a paradise, maybe there could be some stranded tourists somewhere?

And ... maybe ... it could be a sideworld- since the Armada doesn't fit too well into it.

Ivette Xavier, Witchdoctor (42)

Gunner's Mate
Apr 09, 2011
Haley MoonHeart on Jul 30, 2013 wrote:
Maybe we could fight it like the plant in Diablo's Cut, where there would be a head and maybe like fins or arms or something.

There should definitively be a volleyball with a face painted on it somewhere-- as a reference to the movie Castaway .

Also, since you mentioned that it used to be a paradise, maybe there could be some stranded tourists somewhere?

And ... maybe ... it could be a sideworld- since the Armada doesn't fit too well into it.

Ivette Xavier, Witchdoctor (42)
Yea a side world would be a good idea

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
MightySwashbuckler... on Jul 26, 2013 wrote:

I guess... It worked in my head. Not sure. I guess it would work if it's like the plant in Diablo Cut. Good idea!

Ensign
Jan 04, 2013
Well In my opinion having the Kraken as a companion, pretty sweet. But when I think of the Kraken I see a humongous dirty green squid chomping away at ships, not a tall purple lizard throwing lightning bolts.

Gunner's Mate
Apr 09, 2011
ChrisUnderwood11 on Aug 4, 2013 wrote:
Well In my opinion having the Kraken as a companion, pretty sweet. But when I think of the Kraken I see a humongous dirty green squid chomping away at ships, not a tall purple lizard throwing lightning bolts.
TRUE DAT! I was thinking of the kraken from w101 though not the same one just the look

Petty Officer
Jun 10, 2013
That's giant purple FISH.

Gunner's Mate
Apr 09, 2011
Burly Bart Bellamy on Aug 15, 2013 wrote:
That's giant purple FISH.