Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

revived bundle?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 01, 2010
an idea i wouldnt mind seeing come to happen would be a limited time revival of the boochbeard bundle. i know this has been mentioned before and it was resisted by some people who got to buy it originally. i think this idea might make everyone happy.

revive it for people who didnt get to buy it originally. however, if you had purchased it before, the bundle offers different items or additional items. this would allow the revival of a wonderful house that more people could get to own. a lot of work went into it and more people could enjoy it. this would allow the acquisition of that armor/weapon at a new tier level. i know people have asked for a chance to get the cat companion, here is the chance to get him and the other rewards from the bundle. for those who already have the boochbeard bundle, offer a tier two boochbeard. this would have a year's subscription and what ever other goodies you add. perhaps some companion epic training points that allow our companion to learn another of his allowed epics. to avoid overpowering our primary companions, make the point only good for secondary companions. i know i would love to be able to use some of my lesser companions, but they just arent strong enough. Maybe a new ship in the bundle. not necessarily unique, maybe an early release of a ship from a future expansion. anyway, there are countless things that could go into the bundle.
reviving the bundle this way would please those who missed it the first time and still let the original buyers keep some unique items that others dont have. would love to see some feedback on this idea.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
Captain Nobeard on Jun 17, 2013 wrote:
an idea i wouldnt mind seeing come to happen would be a limited time revival of the boochbeard bundle. i know this has been mentioned before and it was resisted by some people who got to buy it originally. i think this idea might make everyone happy.

revive it for people who didnt get to buy it originally. however, if you had purchased it before, the bundle offers different items or additional items. this would allow the revival of a wonderful house that more people could get to own. a lot of work went into it and more people could enjoy it. this would allow the acquisition of that armor/weapon at a new tier level. i know people have asked for a chance to get the cat companion, here is the chance to get him and the other rewards from the bundle. for those who already have the boochbeard bundle, offer a tier two boochbeard. this would have a year's subscription and what ever other goodies you add. perhaps some companion epic training points that allow our companion to learn another of his allowed epics. to avoid overpowering our primary companions, make the point only good for secondary companions. i know i would love to be able to use some of my lesser companions, but they just arent strong enough. Maybe a new ship in the bundle. not necessarily unique, maybe an early release of a ship from a future expansion. anyway, there are countless things that could go into the bundle.
reviving the bundle this way would please those who missed it the first time and still let the original buyers keep some unique items that others dont have. would love to see some feedback on this idea.
  • The gear and weapon can already be acquired at higher tiers, if you hadn't redeemed it originally and is still in your Gift List (Tier 7, Tier 8, Tier 9, pictures)
  • I don't think people who originally had the Boochbeard Bundle would buy it again for slightly altered rewards (and the same house and companion)
  • I don't understand what you mean by "companion epic training points...only good for secondary companions."
  • The Boochbeard Bundle never had a ship...

Sorry, but I don't think many people who originally bought this would be happy and I believe that (like the Pioneer's Eyepatch) KingsIsle said that the original bundle was one-of-a-kind.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 06, 2011
They said it would be a limited time, once only offer. As it was, they had it available longer than they needed to (they could have easily stopped it as soon as the game went live).
When I got the bundle I was committing to the game for a year before I had even played it. And I have the unique rewards to show that I was an early supporter. This is not too dissimilar to things like Kickstarter, where people give money before the product exists and then receive exclusive rewards for doing so.
If KI did offer the bundle again I would probably ask for my money back. Read https://www.pirate101.com/free_game/presale_bundles and pay close attention to the bolded words. I know that isn't exactly a contract or anything, but I like to think that there are companies out there that will keep their word.

Ensign
Apr 14, 2012
May be it could be a online only purchase?? Make an announcement that week and have it only available for on weekend, like Fri, Sat Sun only. It could be a 4th of July Special,??

HJH
-----65-----

Administrator
The Boochbeard Bundle is now retired and won't be making a return.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*