Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Still a Monkey?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
May 29, 2009
Gortez is the new King of Monquista and Queen Eleanor is, well, the Queen. We are his friends and no longer an enemy to that world. Why, then, are we still wearing the Monkey disguise for the final part of "The Verdict" quest when it says to talk to Chamberlain Mandemus? It's on when we dock our ships. It comes off once we are inside in the presence of Gortez & Eleanor. But once we head back to our ships and are in town, the mask is once again donned.

Shouldn't we have been granted a pardon and the right to travel freely under King Gortez's reign?

~SM~

Community Leader
SorceressMiklai on Jun 15, 2013 wrote:
Gortez is the new King of Monquista and Queen Eleanor is, well, the Queen. We are his friends and no longer an enemy to that world. Why, then, are we still wearing the Monkey disguise for the final part of "The Verdict" quest when it says to talk to Chamberlain Mandemus? It's on when we dock our ships. It comes off once we are inside in the presence of Gortez & Eleanor. But once we head back to our ships and are in town, the mask is once again donned.

Shouldn't we have been granted a pardon and the right to travel freely under King Gortez's reign?

~SM~
I wondered that as well when I went to meet with Gortez. I figured it was just my Pirate being a little extra cautious, though it does seem that we take that mask off when we actually go in to see Gortez as he is able to recognize us.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Administrator
We agree that it's a little strange. We'll be making a small change sometime in the future where the mask will be removed after players complete the quest, "Victory or Death!"

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Maybe because the mask is cool? And who wouldn't want to be a monkey on occasion?!