Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

nautical ranks

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 07, 2009
i have noticed when fighting on a ship the exp is often the minimum exp.Do you get more exp for finishing the battle without boarding the other ship?also is there a bug on the nautical rank 2 badge?i am nautical level 4 and i still don't have that badge.Do i have to finish all the nautical side quests in an area first?

Community Leader
cfearw2 on Dec 25, 2012 wrote:
i have noticed when fighting on a ship the exp is often the minimum exp.Do you get more exp for finishing the battle without boarding the other ship?also is there a bug on the nautical rank 2 badge?i am nautical level 4 and i still don't have that badge.Do i have to finish all the nautical side quests in an area first?
If you defeat a ship without boarding, you only get Nautical Experience Points. If you board, I think you get both regular xp and Nxp. I try to never board as it takes too long.

The Nautical Rank 2 Badge is earned at Nautical Level 10, Rank 3 at Level 20 and so on. I think that's where the confusion is happening. Nautical Rank and Nautical Level are different.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Community Leader
cfearw2 on Dec 25, 2012 wrote:
The amount of NXP for sinking a ship or defeating the same ship hand to hand is the same as far as I know.

NXP rewards for ship battles are based on the level difference between you and your target. You'll get a lot more NXP for defeating enemy ships that are way above your nautical level, smaller rewards if your levels are similar, all the way down to 1 NXP per fight if your ship's level is way above your target's.

Chatroom Moderator - Pieces of Eight Radio
Petty Officer
Nov 28, 2008
The reason you are getting "minimum" experience may be that you are sinking ships that are too low for your nautical experience level. If sinking the ships nets you like 1 or 5 nautical experience, your fighting ships too low.

Just go to higher level ships.

Ensign
Feb 07, 2009
Ensign
Jun 14, 2012
Sierra Starsong on Dec 26, 2012 wrote:
The amount of NXP for sinking a ship or defeating the same ship hand to hand is the same as far as I know.

NXP rewards for ship battles are based on the level difference between you and your target. You'll get a lot more NXP for defeating enemy ships that are way above your nautical level, smaller rewards if your levels are similar, all the way down to 1 NXP per fight if your ship's level is way above your target's.
Yah I have a mooshu frigate and the mooshu galleon. I use the frigate because even though I have all of the parts for the galleon i'm to low a level (nautical) to equip hardly any of it.

Crafty Garrett Ironside lv 46 lv 24 Nautical
I'm a Swashbuckler