Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Who or what made the Armada gone wrong?

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
It would be equivalent that the Armada did go awry, but what reason was it that the Armada had gone amok on the Sprial? Who or what was responsible for turning the Armada against everyone in the Spiral? Was there an unexpected event happening that led to that problem, probably a major mishap or a grande coup of some sort, something? No one knows yet, but when the answers come, we'll keep on fighting the Armada.

By the way, what did Deacon's letter meant by "The Grand Design"? Is there some sort of grandiose master plan hatched by Supreme Commander Kane involving El Dorado? Is there a great, massive Armada creation located in the works as a huge part of their master plan?

I'm just full of questions today.

Captain
May 13, 2011
people can become completely physcho without warning and even the most advanced and secure technology can go wrong. doesnt surprise me

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
Trimond297 on Dec 20, 2012 wrote:
It would be equivalent that the Armada did go awry, but what reason was it that the Armada had gone amok on the Sprial? Who or what was responsible for turning the Armada against everyone in the Spiral? Was there an unexpected event happening that led to that problem, probably a major mishap or a grande coup of some sort, something? No one knows yet, but when the answers come, we'll keep on fighting the Armada.

By the way, what did Deacon's letter meant by "The Grand Design"? Is there some sort of grandiose master plan hatched by Supreme Commander Kane involving El Dorado? Is there a great, massive Armada creation located in the works as a huge part of their master plan?

I can answer the first question. The Clockworks that were invented to stop the war and do a revolt on Polaris. They captured Nepoliguien and the Valencians celebrated! Soon after the clockworks started to get out of control and before you knew it they were destroying Valencia. This is when Kane, Deacon, Phlupe, Bishop and Kane's wife or girlfriend. Anyway's they tried to kill us as you learn in the tutorial. Then in Port Regal Skyway, where I am, we start a war in Skull Island and then we steal, Mable, the governors daughter. We blame it on Valencia and since I'm here now, I think the Armada even get's more mad and I think they heard rumors that the pirate sank Marleybone ships. We also steal the girl is and the Armada thinks that the same one that the Armada is after and this part is my opinion.
Jacob Freeman lvl 30

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
Did a puppet show or some part of the story line not explain the reason the armada is the way it is?

I could have sworn somewhere in Valencia we get told the story. Kane saw everyone but the armada and himself as imperfection. I believe that is what triggered the whole Armada vs. the Spiral thing.

Ensign
Nov 15, 2010
I see it not as something with the Armada went horribly wrong, but to have gone horribly "right."

The Armada's purpose is to protect and empower Valencia. Take special note that I said "Valencia" not "Valencians." They took their order to the logical conclusion, expand Valencia's power even at the cost of it's citizens. This is known in science fiction as a "Zeroth Law Rebellion." Although they are beyond the control of their creators, they are still following the instructions they were given. Following these orders, they are expanding Valencia's power by attempting to control the entire spiral.

The Valencians did not realize their mistake until it was to late, they had already created enough clockworks that they clockworks had more power than they did as thus became slaves to their own creations.

As for the Grand Design, KingsIsle will explain that in good time.

Captain
May 13, 2011
Sniper Rose on Dec 20, 2012 wrote:
I can answer the first question. The Clockworks that were invented to stop the war and do a revolt on Polaris. They captured Nepoliguien and the Valencians celebrated! Soon after the clockworks started to get out of control and before you knew it they were destroying Valencia. This is when Kane, Deacon, Phlupe, Bishop and Kane's wife or girlfriend. Anyway's they tried to kill us as you learn in the tutorial. Then in Port Regal Skyway, where I am, we start a war in Skull Island and then we steal, Mable, the governors daughter. We blame it on Valencia and since I'm here now, I think the Armada even get's more mad and I think they heard rumors that the pirate sank Marleybone ships. We also steal the girl is and the Armada thinks that the same one that the Armada is after and this part is my opinion.
Jacob Freeman lvl 30
you could at least start the message with a spoiler warning

Lieutenant
Jun 16, 2009
Armorclad Coyote on Dec 21, 2012 wrote:
I see it not as something with the Armada went horribly wrong, but to have gone horribly "right."

The Armada's purpose is to protect and empower Valencia. Take special note that I said "Valencia" not "Valencians." They took their order to the logical conclusion, expand Valencia's power even at the cost of it's citizens. This is known in science fiction as a "Zeroth Law Rebellion." Although they are beyond the control of their creators, they are still following the instructions they were given. Following these orders, they are expanding Valencia's power by attempting to control the entire spiral.

The Valencians did not realize their mistake until it was to late, they had already created enough clockworks that they clockworks had more power than they did as thus became slaves to their own creations.

As for the Grand Design, KingsIsle will explain that in good time.
Well put. I beleive the Armada has gone one step further though, and envisions themselves as the perfect Valencians. Therefore, they can justify their obvious power grab under their original orders.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 05, 2012
Melody Fisher on Jan 20, 2013 wrote:
Well put. I beleive the Armada has gone one step further though, and envisions themselves as the perfect Valencians. Therefore, they can justify their obvious power grab under their original orders.
Oh for Baelstrom's sake, you don't get it do you. The Valencians built TO MANY CLOCKWORKS. It was stated by captain Avery, "The Valencians kept building more clockworks. Now they've lost control of their puppets."
There you go, that pretty much explains the first question, but as far as the "Grand Design"... I HAVE NO IDEA

Developer

There is actually a very specific reason why Kane and the Armada have not ended up performing as originally intended.

There will be a LOT more information about the origin of Kane and the Armada, as well as some clarity on what the Grand Design is. Not in the next update, I don't think, but all in good time.

Stay tuned!

Ensign
Feb 01, 2013
Lets break it down. The machine is the giant thing which is the core of Valencia and the clockwork went as I like to refer a bit Iago since he went rouge when Kane and his court were built and they rose in power. That's the simplest way I can put it

Ensign
Feb 20, 2009

Have you ever watched the Terminator? I'm guessing when machines become self aware, we're in trouble.