Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Lvl 60 Ideas: Buckaneer, Swashbuckler

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Dec 16, 2009
As Pirate 101 gets prepared for an expansion, I would like to add my ideas for powers/talents for each of the classes. My idea is to have 4 talents/powers in total one at lvls 52, 54, 55 and 60. The lvl 52 talent would be trainable by other classes but the others would be class specific.

Buccaneer

Lvl 52
Name: Hardened
Talent(Passive)
Effect: +100 health, +5 armor, +5 resistance

Lvl 54
Name: Relentless
Epic Talent(Passive)
Effect: 35% chance to attack again after a sucessful hit
Explanation- A useful epic for bucaneers that allows them to rack up on damage and makes it more likely for them to make good use of their bladestorm epics.

Lvl 55
Name: Battle Lust
Talent(Passive)
Effect: % accuracy increases in direct porportion to % health lost
Explanation- A passive talent that increases a bucaneers accuracy in porportion to the amount of health lost.(example at 50% health a bucaneer now has 50% more accuracy!) So the more he gets damaged, the more likely he is to connect with his hits. Great for this class that relies on natural hits to get its job done.

Lvl 60
Name: FOR SPARTA!(no not really)
Actual Name: Reckless Fury
Power(Active), Aura(similar to sky spirit etc)
Effect: +50% damage and additional strike on all enemies who are within one square of character for the next 5 rounds.
Explanation: The quintessential bucaneer talent, high damage and a talent designed for up close and personal fighting.

Swashbuckler

Lvl 52
Name: Dwell in Shadows
Talent(Passive)
Effect: Extend all Hide powers by 1 round(walk in Shadows/Darkness)
Explanation: Allows swashbucklers to use their hidden talents for a longer amount of time which increases movement and prep options.

Lvl 54
Name: Riposte(Rank 2)
Epic Talent(Passive)
Effect: An additional strike(2x damage) upon dodging/blocking a melee strike.
Explanation: A second Riposte for Swashbucklers to play with.

Lvl 55
Name: Whirl of Blades
Power(Active)
Effect: 2x damage to all adjacent enemies
Explanation: An upgraded Dance of blades.

Lvl 60
Name: Terminate
Power(Active)
Effect: 4x damage plus bleed to one target, Range- 1x movement range.

Read and review :)

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
I don't like to think about expansions or level cap increases. That is what ruined Wizard101 (for me).

But, I do like those ideas, they seem reasonable. I don't like the Reckless Fury talent. Seems.... overdone. Maybe just a single active ability for 1 time use.

I like the Swashbucklers abilities.

Captain
May 13, 2011
i agree with relentless for and accuracy boost for buccaneer. we need to kill enemies for bladestorm to be used and its not easy how we are now

Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
swashbuckler would become way too powerful and overpowered under these proposed changes, there is no way the buckaneer changes would hold a candle against this new supra powered swashbuckler

Petty Officer
Dec 22, 2009
These all sound good XD, I mean, not like those things fanatics come up with that are insanely overpowered and so to speak. Good Job :)

Captain
May 13, 2011
Xiriganism on Dec 26, 2012 wrote:
These all sound good XD, I mean, not like those things fanatics come up with that are insanely overpowered and so to speak. Good Job :)
you mean like "lvl 60 privateer skill. name: explosion. does 5000 damage to everyone in a 6x6 radius"

Captain
May 13, 2011
Shiningfantasia on Dec 21, 2012 wrote:
I don't like to think about expansions or level cap increases. That is what ruined Wizard101 (for me).

But, I do like those ideas, they seem reasonable. I don't like the Reckless Fury talent. Seems.... overdone. Maybe just a single active ability for 1 time use.

I like the Swashbucklers abilities.
if your opinion was spread to the whole world, we wouldnt even have computers. the world is evolving so you need to follow

Ensign
Aug 17, 2009
I agree with seasnake. The Swashbuckler is already starting to get a little overpowered, and I think they need to tone it done a bit.

Bosun
May 10, 2010
FateSkin, love most of your ideas!

Buccaneer's should definitely get relentless!

Since Buccaneers are the tank class, they should get some serious Resistance boosts, which they are lacking and I do agree with you, since they absolutely need to hit, I say, their Dodge needs to be seriously nerfed and their accuracy seriously buffed. Not sure why Bucs got so much dodge and not enough accuracy.

I do think a good AOE for 2x damage would be great, maybe swirl around that large 2 handed Axe and hit everyone surrounding the Buccaneer.

I do think that classes should probably only get 2 or 3 new talents going to level 60, not 4, but that is my opinion.

Now, for Swashy, I love the Riposte 2, I love the advanced version of Dance of Steel, the 4x damage with bleeding is a bit much though.

I look forward to seeing what KI has in store for us and to see how they are going to bump up the Buccaneers to get back on track with the rest of the classes!