Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Equipment Choice Help, Please!

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Dec 16, 2009
I'm confused on what I should equip, so please recommend me which items to equip.

Hats:
Sugegasa of Tranquility or Geomancer's Wushamao
Sugegasa of Tranquility: 49 Maximum Health, 4 Resistance, 8 Armor. Level 40+
Geomancer's Wushamao: 11 Will, [Power] The Big Guns (Superior Dmg. Barrage on 3x3 tiles & 100% chance for fire on enemy tiles). Level 40+, Only

Boots:
Penitent's Boots or Centipede's Legs
Penitent's Boots: 41 Maximum Health, 7 Dodge. Level 35+
Centipede's Legs: 10 Will, [Power] Assassin's Mist (x1 Dmg. Poison, 3x3 tiles). Level 35+, Only

Ring:
Wrangler's Ring or [Some other MooShu Item]
Wrangler's Ring: 3 Resistance, [Power] Valor's Armor (Absorbs x5 Dmg. enemy damage). Level 15+, Only

So, what do you think I should choose?

Friendly Justin Everhart - Level 47
Helpful Luke Nelson - Level 12

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
Hi Justin1029384756!

I like how you set up that post, was very easy for me to look at.

For the hat, the Geomancer's Wushamao. You easily take advantage of Will, and your natural power boosts will probably make the Big Guns a very useful addition to your spell repetoire.

For the boots, the Centipede's Legs. While the Assassin's Mist makes you walk smack dab into the middle of mobs, the power of that card is undisputable. And will take advantage of a Witchdoctor's natural spooky ability and talents. Not to mention that the additional Will stat will be taken advantage of.

For the ring, you really only list one choice, so, you can wear that ring. You can use that shield power right before you decide to walk up to mobs to use Assassin's mist.

I do want to play a witchdoctor, but really don't want to start full heartedly playing it until something is done about the summons issue. I will stack up on as much Will as I can get, have chosen Naturally Spooky as my starter talent, and most likely accuracy if it happens to come along with anything.

Witchdoctors having such poor accuracy and dodge stats I'd actually recommend not trying to stack up on those. You could, but then you could be possibly missing out on chances to enhance a Witchdoctor's greatest asset. Damage. (By stacking up on Will.) You could do +damage (the brown glove icon), but I think that now applies only to normal attacks, not actual powers.

Petty Officer
Jun 01, 2009
... What class are you playing? What are your secondary talents like? What level are you? How do you like to play your class?

SCH

Petty Officer
Dec 16, 2009
Shiningfantasia on Dec 15, 2012 wrote:
Hi Justin1029384756!

I like how you set up that post, was very easy for me to look at.

For the hat, the Geomancer's Wushamao. You easily take advantage of Will, and your natural power boosts will probably make the Big Guns a very useful addition to your spell repetoire.

For the boots, the Centipede's Legs. While the Assassin's Mist makes you walk smack dab into the middle of mobs, the power of that card is undisputable. And will take advantage of a Witchdoctor's natural spooky ability and talents. Not to mention that the additional Will stat will be taken advantage of.

For the ring, you really only list one choice, so, you can wear that ring. You can use that shield power right before you decide to walk up to mobs to use Assassin's mist.

I do want to play a witchdoctor, but really don't want to start full heartedly playing it until something is done about the summons issue. I will stack up on as much Will as I can get, have chosen Naturally Spooky as my starter talent, and most likely accuracy if it happens to come along with anything.

Witchdoctors having such poor accuracy and dodge stats I'd actually recommend not trying to stack up on those. You could, but then you could be possibly missing out on chances to enhance a Witchdoctor's greatest asset. Damage. (By stacking up on Will.) You could do +damage (the brown glove icon), but I think that now applies only to normal attacks, not actual powers.
I actually try to stack up my dodge, I currently have 70 accuracy and 61 dodge (base 70 accuracy and 47 dodge)

Friendly Justin Everhart - Level 47
Helpful Luke Nelson - Level 14

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
Dodge is always a good thing to stack on, regardless of class.

Dodge has a chance to avoid all attacks, physical or magical.