Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Kan po no good

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
Swashbucklers have the lowest amount of health but the best damage. The higher the level, the more health Kan Po has.

Dreaming Jill Underwood Level 23
Sandy Chloe Underwood Level 11

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
Hannah has him. But he dies quick. She hasn't promoted him yet however.

Romantic Hannah Devereaux

Ensign
Jul 15, 2012
I have the crown version of him on my buccaneer he stay alive for a while I promoted him all the way so that could be a reason

two-faced matthew strong level 64

Ensign
Nov 05, 2012
Kan Po is a fine companion. Maybe you just have no luck with him

Stormy Wolf Gordon
Level 65 Armada's Most Wanted

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
CheeryCherry1234 on Jul 21, 2013 wrote:
Hannah has him. But he dies quick. She hasn't promoted him yet however.

Nope. Now that I promoted him, he's doing great!

We won against Thunder Hoof with me and him. Kept on doing criticals, and the enemies got down to yellow.

Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
CheeryCherry1234 on Sep 21, 2013 wrote:
Nope. Now that I promoted him, he's doing great!

We won against Thunder Hoof with me and him. Kept on doing criticals, and the enemies got down to yellow.

I have the crown shop version of him, he's epic if you promote him to Goat Master. (level 46 or 47?)

First Mate
Oct 15, 2012
MrToro123A on Mar 31, 2013 wrote:
What I notice is that the three physical attacking classes for companions have a different balance between health and damage.(First companions in parentheses)
  • Privateers (Wing Chun) have the lowest damage, but highest health.
  • Buccaneers (Subodai, Egg Shen) have it balanced out for each two stat.
  • Swashbucklers (Kan Po and Kobe Yojimbo) have the major damage, but low health.
I hope you find this useful.
Exactly.

Ensign
Dec 19, 2012
REALLY!!!!!!!!! you just insulted me about kan po he can halve the damage of a bison warrior at level 21! all right meet me outside the sparring chamber 1v1 you and me plz! i'll show you strength!

eager morgrim rakes level 25 witchdoctor

Ensign
Dec 23, 2012
I recently bought the one like him in the crown shop (I wont even attempt to get his name right) and at level 63 I dare say might outrank bonnie anne at times (forgive me bonnie ) I just got him so don't know about lower levels but I try to use walk in the shadows and major healing on himself of course you could try upgrading his armor

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Well yesterday I was defeating the brass monkey and I put him up ahead then behind him was batacuda he wouldn't dodge and died quickbut my kan po is really strong and can heal him self and always critical and blocks for me but don't make him upfront or you will lose that battle

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
witchdoctor daruis on Jan 14, 2014 wrote:
Well yesterday I was defeating the brass monkey and I put him up ahead then behind him was batacuda he wouldn't dodge and died quickbut my kan po is really strong and can heal him self and always critical and blocks for me but don't make him upfront or you will lose that battle
I use him up front but I make sure I have farmed for the gear to protect him. Like Ratbeard says: "Protect your squishies!" Kan Po is one of those high damage dealing squishies that are more than worth our protection.

Captain
May 13, 2011
zuto4011a on Jul 21, 2013 wrote:
privateers get egg shen, I have two privateers, probably a coincidence, but they both got egg shen
its not a coincidence. theres a companion for each class

buccaneers get kobe yojimbo
musketeers get wing shun
privateers get egg shen
swashbucklers get subodai
witchdoctors get kan po

same goes with kraken skulls companions while the presidio companion you get depends on how you were orphaned

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jan 15, 2014 wrote:
I use him up front but I make sure I have farmed for the gear to protect him. Like Ratbeard says: "Protect your squishies!" Kan Po is one of those high damage dealing squishies that are more than worth our protection.
I try my best but he still died yes but he is good

Ensign
Oct 18, 2013
Try to upgrade Kan Po's dodge, defense, and health to make him last longer in a fight.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Awesome Thomas on Jan 20, 2014 wrote:
Try to upgrade Kan Po's dodge, defense, and health to make him last longer in a fight.
I have given him tough 2 and rough 2 agility 2 and armor 2 and other stuff for bonuses I always give my companions that unless strength or will kf a different class

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
Really at level 4 Kan po would swoop up 50 on a super strike then riposte would kill the other?

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
Kan: -looks at thread title- Oh my goodness...
Hannah: Ignore it. You're the best friend a Witchdoctor could ever have.

Yeah so I know he's a bit "squishy", but I like to protect him, and plus, he can heal himself. I know his health is low in numbers, and Swashbucklers are like that. But he can really pack quite a punch--- that is, if you train him the right way. Give him Riposte and Relentless, and he'll do even better if you put it in the 2's. Then give him good accuracy and dodge, and if possible, give him tough and/or rough. He's also a GREAT friend to Hannah because he's so smart and is like a great protector for her.

Ensign
Feb 14, 2013
Petty Officer
Nov 10, 2012
he is stupid that is true but when he is promoted level 13 you need to be in monquista

Petty Officer
Nov 10, 2012
pirateman08385 on Mar 5, 2014 wrote:
he is stupid that is true but when he is promoted level 13 you need to be in monquista
and then he will get better and better and will not die in one hit and he hits with alot of damage though the low healths are strong

Gunner's Mate
Jun 27, 2013
Make him hide in shadows and then Epic hit. He is going to cause some brutal damage - 1200 average for my kan po. Also, give him riposte2 or 3, then he'll be dodging like crazy dealing some good damage. I recommend giving him riposte2 or 3 and one relentless. Trust me, swashes would dodge more than hit again.

Ensign
Jan 27, 2014
ericahihi on Dec 7, 2012 wrote:
I have noticed that Kan po, my first mate, is a very good attacker, but not very likely to stay alive during a fight,and he 's my starting companion, so i could'nt bear to swap him out with another first mate. Anybody else notice this?

-
you just need to give him his promotion them once he has that he's EPIC pretty taylor templeton