Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pirate bazaar?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Sep 29, 2010
Is there a bazaar in the game that I haven't found yet, or is there no bazaar anywhere in this game? I need more money for my hard-earned items!

Ensign
Apr 24, 2009
CaptainAureus on Oct 9, 2012 wrote:
Is there a bazaar in the game that I haven't found yet, or is there no bazaar anywhere in this game? I need more money for my hard-earned items!
I hope there is. If there isn't, shame.

Administrator
No Bazaar yet, but we have plans to add one in the future.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Bosun
May 10, 2010
Woot Woot, bring on the Bazaar, need to sell and buy, oh yeah!

Ensign
Aug 23, 2010
That is great news that there will be a bizarre sometime in the future! The only place that I have seen to sell is the free trader on Skull Island, down by the talent trainers. Other wise I have been saving the good items I get in the shared bank for another character. Good Luck!

Lieutenant
Jan 29, 2010
One-Eyed Jack on Oct 11, 2012 wrote:
Looking forward to it One-eyed Jack.

Lieutenant
Sep 29, 2010
Oh goody goody.

Ensign
Sep 22, 2012
The bazaar and PvP are going to be added to Pirate101 in the future from what I believe. I know KI are working on bringing features from Wizard101 into Pirate101 if it doesn't look too strange in the world of P101.

This is my personal opinion now, but I love the bazaar and I think it would be a lot more useful in P101 as having all the items I am looking for can be found in one central location instead of having to search for items scattered around the spiral.

Ensign
Apr 24, 2009
Did you already have the idea of adding one before the game started? If not, why wasn't it added before the game was officially released? Is there a long process that goes into making a shop?

Ensign
Aug 30, 2010
Indeed, an auction house or bazaar would be great! Now, here is my question regarding the issue: will it be like the system used in Wizard101, or more akin to auction houses in other MMOs? My understanding that our inability to directly trade anything with other players is a type of control put in place to prevent people from being taken advantage of. While I understand the desire to protect younger players, there are systems that have been used quite successfully in other MMOs (like putting in a cap as to how many coins or items can be traded at any time and within any specific time-frame specified (to prevent multiple trades of low amounts to circumvent the rules), parental controls forbidding direct trades, and an easy & effective way for players to report scammers) that could make a more advanced trade system and/or AH very viable for a game like this.

So, is there even a possibility that we might be able to try out a more direct AH system for Pirate101, or direct-trading of at least certain items like gear that isn't available for sale in the Crown Shop? Or, and I know this would be more work for the devs, but even trying side-by-side systems (AH & bazaar) available, with parental controls dictating whether players could engage in the different systems of trading that would be available? It would be a wonderful enhancement to the game, and would help to make Pirates101 more different than Wizard101, helping to shed the image that it is just a re-skin of the other game.
It's just a thought, as I have always enjoyed side ventures like crafting & using the AH in other MMOs to make it a more immersive and social experience. Those activities also help to break up the monotony of the run-and-fetch questing. They are also great because they are almost always entirely optional in other games, so nobody feels pressured to take part in these activities.

Thank you for taking the time to read my ideas and thoughts on the topic!

Ensign
Feb 29, 2012
i was thinking maybe we could have something like the bazaar in wizard 101 were you can get anything including ship parts because i cant find very many ship vendors in any world other than skull island.lvl 15

Ensign
Jul 19, 2010
barathe on Oct 18, 2012 wrote:
Indeed, an auction house or bazaar would be great! Now, here is my question regarding the issue: will it be like the system used in Wizard101, or more akin to auction houses in other MMOs? My understanding that our inability to directly trade anything with other players is a type of control put in place to prevent people from being taken advantage of. While I understand the desire to protect younger players, there are systems that have been used quite successfully in other MMOs (like putting in a cap as to how many coins or items can be traded at any time and within any specific time-frame specified (to prevent multiple trades of low amounts to circumvent the rules), parental controls forbidding direct trades, and an easy & effective way for players to report scammers) that could make a more advanced trade system and/or AH very viable for a game like this.

So, is there even a possibility that we might be able to try out a more direct AH system for Pirate101, or direct-trading of at least certain items like gear that isn't available for sale in the Crown Shop? Or, and I know this would be more work for the devs, but even trying side-by-side systems (AH & bazaar) available, with parental controls dictating whether players could engage in the different systems of trading that would be available? It would be a wonderful enhancement to the game, and would help to make Pirates101 more different than Wizard101, helping to shed the image that it is just a re-skin of the other game.
It's just a thought, as I have always enjoyed side ventures like crafting & using the AH in other MMOs to make it a more immersive and social experience. Those activities also help to break up the monotony of the run-and-fetch questing. They are also great because they are almost always entirely optional in other games, so nobody feels pressured to take part in these activities.

Thank you for taking the time to read my ideas and thoughts on the topic!
i really really hope they dont do an auction house.. people setting thier own prices is never a good thing, they always want to charge rediculous amounts for it. so bazaar i am all for it , but an auction house. No thanks.

Ensign
Feb 29, 2012
yay i cant wait i realy need a bazaar to get my agility up for my musket i cant wait bring it.

Community Leader
scurvy scarlet on Oct 20, 2012 wrote:
i really really hope they dont do an auction house.. people setting thier own prices is never a good thing, they always want to charge rediculous amounts for it. so bazaar i am all for it , but an auction house. No thanks.
Auction houses can play funny tricks with a games economy. There is the advantage here of no crafting items. Those seem to be what gets traded and scammed the most and, typically, it's a lot easier to farm copper nodes than boss fights. I'm in no rush to see the AH/bazaar, but it will be fun to see what KI comes up with!

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!