Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Blast of Discord OP plz nerf

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 26, 2013
Quite Jacques on Jun 22, 2016 wrote:
Seriously have you seen the sheer amount of power this thing has it is completely luck based and is impossible to counter. Blast of Discord is officially impossible to counter as it only works when your team is grouped up, when does this work? First round. Not to mention the fact that this is luck based to an insane level. Blast of discord, it can do absolutely nothing or it can one round your character before he even moves, this happened to me in a ranked match and tell me, how is this not banned yet?
Make this ability pve only or make it one hit per player and 3 hit for summons. This would prob fix everything. I doubt KI will want to completely remove the ability.

Lieutenant
Nov 26, 2010
There are a load of changes that could be made to this power to not nerf it or make it better but make it balanced in all forms of the game, not just PvP.
  • One attack from each unit guaranteed and end the chain immediately.
  • Give the power a 3x3 area you can select with sight and infinite range
  • Give the power text "On your starting side of the board" I think this is a mechanic I would like to personally see implemented on future card designs and it would make the power a very nice defensive power to do EXACTLY what you want it to do still but a lot more balanced and still viable.

Why is the current state of Discord problematic?

Unhealthy RNG
The ability to impact the game tremendously Turn 1 without your opponent being able to react is beyond the meaning of unhealthy RNG (Luck/Random Number Generator). I think this is straight forward of a reason. RNG is fine, we can understand and just have to accept the fact KI wants to design new powers and abilities with RNG heavily in their designs. That's a fact, but creating something that has healthy RNG should be in consideration because now as long as this power stays as it is there are the current issues like PvP that are in place but also you pretty much can never implement a boss that has this power until you change it because getting turn 1 Discord and losing would pretty much be saying "quit our game, please!?"

No Interactions
We as the players need to be able to interact with our opponents. This is a general rule of thumb for turn based games like Pirates. Again, Discord breaks all those rules. I'm sorry this is a bit savage but, whoever designed this kind of broke all the rules with no respect whatsoever. I've actually never seen such a poorly structured and designed power/card ever. I mean, it's a great concept but it's so flawed. The ability to have no chance to interact, play around it, the fact you have to be lucky to not get unlucky is beyond dumb. This again is straight forward of why it should be changed.

Petty Officer
Sep 17, 2011
lol, blast of discord op? No, it can be countered by hide completely first off, can be negated totally by spreading out your guys secondly and third off it is kind of unreliable in it's mechanics. sometimes it works great, yes, but other times it leaves you thinking, "wow, what a total waste of a turn". It is certainly no more op then fog for swashbuckler and fog is much more op in my opinion.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Covenator1162 on Jul 23, 2016 wrote:
lol, blast of discord op? No, it can be countered by hide completely first off, can be negated totally by spreading out your guys secondly and third off it is kind of unreliable in it's mechanics. sometimes it works great, yes, but other times it leaves you thinking, "wow, what a total waste of a turn". It is certainly no more op then fog for swashbuckler and fog is much more op in my opinion.
1. In the first round no one can move so "spreading out your guys" is out.
2. If the Privy goes first then Black Fog is no help at all, if you go first with Fog then BoD causes your team to attack each other and remove the fog, it completely ignores the "non-target" of fog.
3. Entirely luck based.
Fog never had the ability to KO an entire team in the first round!

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2012
Covenator1162 on Jul 23, 2016 wrote:
In PvP, you can't move on the first turn. What if you're not a swashbuckler? Even if you're a Swashbuckler, this relies on you to draw fog on the first turn. No, there are not counters to other schools besides Swashbuckler's Black Fog. There is no excuse to be killed before you can even react to it. Hence, people are calling to nerf it. The fact is, it's completely luck-based. Pirate101's combat is based off a mixture of strategy and timing. Not luck. Please take the time to reevaluate your statements, and look at the evidence. (My pirate has been killed before I can see my first power every time someone has used BoD on me.)