Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

I Soloed Kane!

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Way to go, Esperanza!! Congrats on your deconstruction and destruction of Kane-- that's pretty awesome and I'm sure you were so excited when that badge finally unlocked.

Now just four classes and 400 more runs to go!

I'm slowly but surely trying to become Kane's Bane...and yes, I'm still taking the insane route. I've got about 33 solo runs under Valkoor's belt, so I'm about a third of the way there-- with the last 23-25 all being true-solo successes without using a henchman. In the first 10 tries, I used some henchmen (8 times, I think) as I spent time learning the ropes of the Kane battle, seeing as I had never stepped foot into Test Realm. Now, the runs aren't bad at all and several times I've been left with a full crew still standing...or just one sleepy member. But I still have those "what is going on" solo runs where everything seems to be conspiring against you...and Kane says, "Nuh-uh...not this time, buddy!" Or those successes where things don't go quite right and I spend 10 rounds running for my life...but still somehow get the job done-- just barely!!!

But I'm determined to join you as Kane's Bane...with at least 101 solo runs. I forgot that I ported in to Jack, at the end of one of his runs with Dante and another player. So I have to do one extra to make it official. Though I will probably do 8-10 extra runs just to make up for those henchmen-used runs. Yeah, then that will leave me with 100 true solo, successful runs. Yeesh, what was/am I thinking!?!?!

Again, congrats on your most recent milestone accomplishment-- that's awesome!!!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Aug 29, 2016 wrote:
Way to go, Esperanza!! Congrats on your deconstruction and destruction of Kane-- that's pretty awesome and I'm sure you were so excited when that badge finally unlocked.

Now just four classes and 400 more runs to go!

I'm slowly but surely trying to become Kane's Bane...and yes, I'm still taking the insane route. I've got about 33 solo runs under Valkoor's belt, so I'm about a third of the way there-- with the last 23-25 all being true-solo successes without using a henchman. In the first 10 tries, I used some henchmen (8 times, I think) as I spent time learning the ropes of the Kane battle, seeing as I had never stepped foot into Test Realm. Now, the runs aren't bad at all and several times I've been left with a full crew still standing...or just one sleepy member. But I still have those "what is going on" solo runs where everything seems to be conspiring against you...and Kane says, "Nuh-uh...not this time, buddy!" Or those successes where things don't go quite right and I spend 10 rounds running for my life...but still somehow get the job done-- just barely!!!

But I'm determined to join you as Kane's Bane...with at least 101 solo runs. I forgot that I ported in to Jack, at the end of one of his runs with Dante and another player. So I have to do one extra to make it official. Though I will probably do 8-10 extra runs just to make up for those henchmen-used runs. Yeah, then that will leave me with 100 true solo, successful runs. Yeesh, what was/am I thinking!?!?!

Again, congrats on your most recent milestone accomplishment-- that's awesome!!!
That's insanely awesome, to make 100 + solo Kane runs! I'm rootin' for ya!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
anecorbie on Aug 29, 2016 wrote:
That's insanely awesome, to make 100 + solo Kane runs! I'm rootin' for ya!
Thank you!

It's been a bit of a pain because every 10+ tries, I experience a nasty glitch that completely freezes my PC and I have to shut it down manually and then reboot it. That's part of the reason why I am choosing to go solo-- I'd hate for it to happen if and when I was with a team! The other reasons are because I'm loco and enjoy a great challenge. And I read a post on the forums shortly after Kane made his debut, stating that Buccaneers couldn't solo Kane. So naturally I had to prove it wrong and do it at least 100 times. (talk about overkill!!!)

I've contacted P101 Support about the crash I'm experiencing and attached a dxdiag file to the email, but I haven't heard anything back as of yet. I also updated all drivers that needed it and checked what I could on my end. But it can be a bit nerve racking. Especially like today, when Kane had already bested me and my crew twice and I was 1 or 2 rounds from paying him back in the 3rd attempt....then FREEZE FRAME!! It only happens in between rounds, when I'm selecting my crew's moves. But I thought that the updating the drivers had fixed it, since I hadn't encountered the crash in some 15-20+ runs.

Anywho, I'm ramblin' again. But thank you again and I'll keep filling you in on my progress.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Well, Esperanza...I may have to put my 100+ solo runs of Kane quest on hold. At least until I hear back from P101 support or figure out, on my end, what causes my PC to freeze up.

In the last 5 runs, I've had 3 that ended prematurely-- either from the PC freeze or from lag issues. The lag is easy to know where the problem lies. At night my connection can get sketchy and when I was a couple rounds from defeating Kane, two members of my household decided to stream some videos. So there was a 12-15 second lag and I couldn't tell if my crew commands went through or not. The arrows wouldn't show up for a while, so I re-clicked, then they showed up...disappeared...showed up again...disappeared again...and I had know idea if my moves went through. Needless to say I forfeited a couple turns which lead to me fleeing out of frustrations. It was an easy win though...for sure. The Flames took out both Marines, Queen and Bishop all in 1 round and had hit both Rooke and Kane at least once. With only the 2 of them (well Deacon was there, but about to be dismissed) on the board and a near full health crew and a Flame left on the board....Rooke & Kane were toast! But the lag happened, my crew didn't get to move...and Kane had some fun.

After fleeing, I scrounged up enough gold to get 2 crew members back and went back at it. Once again, it was a great start to the battle and I had taken out most of the court members. I'd say I was about 2-3 rounds from finishing it and my PC froze. Same thing the night before.

So, I'm going to wait to continue on my solo Bane of Kane quest until Support gets back to me or I solve the problem myself. It gets rather frustrating putting in the time & then having a bug/issue ruing a rather easy run.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Hehehe, According to Vadima's Visions in this month's newsletter, I am one of nine swashbucklers to solo Kane! ( Excuse me while I strut a bit...)

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
anecorbie on Oct 3, 2016 wrote:
Hehehe, According to Vadima's Visions in this month's newsletter, I am one of nine swashbucklers to solo Kane! ( Excuse me while I strut a bit...)
Way to go Esperanza....you's one Bad Mama-Jama!!!

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Companions:

Old Scratch
Ratbeard
Emmett

Virtuous Dante Ramsey