Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Are we the Pirates?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 03, 2016
My parents are making me quit the game because I'm spending over $100 a year on membership and occasional crowns. The say a game shouldn't be worth $100 a year unless it's a scam to get our money. That we're not the pirates, but the creators of the game are.
I love this game, and I really want to keep playing.
I pay for membership and crowns by the game cards you get at Walmart. I know it's more expensive but I can't pay online and my parents refuse to even help pay.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Talon Devereaux on Jun 19, 2016 wrote:
My parents are making me quit the game because I'm spending over $100 a year on membership and occasional crowns. The say a game shouldn't be worth $100 a year unless it's a scam to get our money. That we're not the pirates, but the creators of the game are.
I pay for membership and crowns by the game cards you get at Walmart. I know it's more expensive but I can't pay online and my parents refuse to even help pay.
If the way you play is buying cards and using that card for membership, no wonder you're going broke. I use those crowns from cards to buy zones - and have never regretted it. During the long wait for the update, I was accessing the zones, while friends who had memberships run out were stuck in SI.
Do chores, find some money by offering services - mow yards, walk dogs, what ever can get you the money to buy your own cards.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
Talon Devereaux on Jun 19, 2016 wrote:
aw..have you ever considered gifting either of them a gift card? I'm a parent irl and I didn't understand at first either.. I thought Nintendo was expensive! However now I do.. this type of game is expensive to maintain, once you play an mmo you realize the scope of that better, and if they never have played either wizard or pirates before they most likely wouldn't know.
the real PRICELESS worth of these games is that they are built for families to play together a cousin from nyc at the same time as your uncle in Oregon.. best friend from an old town you used to live in to the girl at school that's your best buddy.. most mmos are heavier in fees whereas KI tries to balance most of the ways you pay for things by allowing gold as well as crown pay for in-game items like housing and uber pets. If you consider the price of an average combo meal go large compared to an entire month of membership you realize its not a bad deal really. If you LOVE p101, why not consider buying the entire game? If you zone-pay by chapters using crowns you can purchase the entire thing for less than 90,000 crowns. Then you own it forever until they update again.. lots of fansites are running contests currently and KI has ways you can earn small bits of crowns that will add up if frugal.
I'd say re-evaluate your other purchases you make irl add those up as well, if youre willing to give up something else to have this game and if you present your reasonings to them calmly they might consider how important this is to you, so then if you ask how best to earn their permission to play this, I'm sure they will be reasonable.
otherwise if they still recommend quitting gently remind them its free, but membership is special and gains you extra benefits, and through crown-pay options (though a slower process if no credit card) you can buy all of the areas. Good luck :)
stormy jen silver