Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The XP for bosses is not good

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 19, 2008
Hey everyone, first of i love pirate101 i wont lie but certain things make me.
What really makes me upset is the fact that some boss fights drop only like
250 xp and those boss fights are super hard. For example i did the crazy horns boss battle and all of them crit me for like 400 a piece and relentless and overwatch and they crit almost every 2 turns. Now I know im not the only one frustrated, o btw 2 of my best companions died all for 250 xp and im level 34. Some quest actually reward really well but others for some reason are not good at all, its just frustrating fighting a boss that has 1400 health, super tanky and crits like crazy plus his mini boss minions.

Lieutenant
Sep 14, 2015
Aaron013u on Mar 24, 2016 wrote:
250 xp and those boss fights are super hard. For example i did the crazy horns boss battle and all of them crit me for like 400 a piece and relentless and overwatch and they crit almost every 2 turns. Now I know im not the only one frustrated, o btw 2 of my best companions died all for 250 xp and im level 34. Some quest actually reward really well but others for some reason are not good at all, its just frustrating fighting a boss that has 1400 health, super tanky and crits like crazy plus his mini boss minions.
You might not get much xp, but perhaps you get good gold and items from them?

Wicked Aaron Brewster

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
But you won! Yaaaay be happy

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Some boss battles for side quests give unique gear and rewards, as an offset to not getting a lot of experience points. There is PLENTY of experience to be had as you travel through the skyways, so don't worry about leveling. Every battle can't yield great spoils, or none of them would be special.

If your crew is getting slaughtered by enemies, perhaps they aren't the best companions to be using in those battles... you may want to try hardier crewmates that can take a little punishment, even if they haven't been your favorites up till now.

Things will only continue to get more difficult as you advance.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
You'll have more than enough XP to hit the level cap well before KI gets around to adding another world, so don't sweat the small XP for the bosses in Cool Ranch.