Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Add new talking animations to companions

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
I have seen many companions that have talking animations during their voiceover moments, though, I may ask that there should be more that may need talking animations, even their promotion tiers, though certain companions' promoted tiers are currently not programmed to use talking animations besides their promotion quests.

Nevertheless, here's those that may need them, even to universal side companions that may have promotion quests & were formerly NPCs before their recruitment through side quests. This goes out to the 3D animators in KI.

Hope you've time to read them & add them in, please.

1. Birgus Latro (Crab Thug)
2. Sarah Steele (Mouse Fencer)
3. Sarah Steele (Mouse Corsair)
4. Sarah Steele (Mouse Swashbuckler)
5. Ensign Emmett (Otter Ensign)
6. Lieutenant Emmett (Otter Lieutenant)
7. Commander Emmett (Otter Commander)
8. Lucky Jack Russell (Dog Pirate)
9. Lucky Jack Russell (Dog Privateer)
10. Lucky Jack Russell (Dog Corsair)
11. Gaspard De Vole (Guinea Pig Guard)
12. Barnabus (Sloth Guardsman)
13. The Marchioness (Monkey Conquistador)
14. The Marchioness (Monkey Baroness)
15. The Marchioness (Monkey Conquistatrix)
16. Kan Po (Goat Student)
17. Wing Chun (Crane Student)
18. Kobe Yojimbo (Bull Ronin)
19. Kobe Yojimbo (Bull Samoorai)
20. Hawkules (Mighty Hero)
21. Catbeard (Cat Pirate)
22. Subodai (Horse Barbarian)
23. Subodai (Horse Warrior)
24. Subodai (Horse Khan)
25. Egg Shen (Goose Student)
26. Egg Shen (Goose Disciple)
27. Egg Shen (Goose Master)
28. Monkey King (Celestial Trickster)
29. Shiruku Neko (Cat Ninja)
30. Ju Hao (Inoshishi Chief)
31. Zeena (Warrior Princess)
32. Rooster Cogburn (Chicken Lawman)
33. Buffalo Bill (Bison Sheriff)
34. Buffalo Bill (Bison Marksman)
35. Calamity Jane Canary (Canary Sharpshooter)
36. Wild Bill Peacock (Peacock Lawman)
37. Fan Flanders (Frog Pirate)
38. Fan Flanders (Frog Swashbuckler)
39. Fan Flanders (Frog Heroine)

Those are those companions that need talking animations I can think of for the moment. Hope they get added sometime soon.

Thanks again for listening!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trimond297 on Mar 6, 2016 wrote:
I have seen many companions that have talking animations during their voiceover moments, though, I may ask that there should be more that may need talking animations, even their promotion tiers, though certain companions' promoted tiers are currently not programmed to use talking animations besides their promotion quests.

Nevertheless, here's those that may need them, even to universal side companions that may have promotion quests & were formerly NPCs before their recruitment through side quests. This goes out to the 3D animators in KI.

Hope you've time to read them & add them in, please.

1. Birgus Latro (Crab Thug)
2. Sarah Steele (Mouse Fencer)
3. Sarah Steele (Mouse Corsair)
4. Sarah Steele (Mouse Swashbuckler)
5. Ensign Emmett (Otter Ensign)
6. Lieutenant Emmett (Otter Lieutenant)
7. Commander Emmett (Otter Commander)
8. Lucky Jack Russell (Dog Pirate)
9. Lucky Jack Russell (Dog Privateer)
10. Lucky Jack Russell (Dog Corsair)
11. Gaspard De Vole (Guinea Pig Guard)
12. Barnabus (Sloth Guardsman)
13. The Marchioness (Monkey Conquistador)
14. The Marchioness (Monkey Baroness)
15. The Marchioness (Monkey Conquistatrix)
16. Kan Po (Goat Student)
17. Wing Chun (Crane Student)
18. Kobe Yojimbo (Bull Ronin)
19. Kobe Yojimbo (Bull Samoorai)
20. Hawkules (Mighty Hero)
21. Catbeard (Cat Pirate)
22. Subodai (Horse Barbarian)
23. Subodai (Horse Warrior)
24. Subodai (Horse Khan)
25. Egg Shen (Goose Student)
26. Egg Shen (Goose Disciple)
27. Egg Shen (Goose Master)
28. Monkey King (Celestial Trickster)
29. Shiruku Neko (Cat Ninja)
30. Ju Hao (Inoshishi Chief)
31. Zeena (Warrior Princess)
32. Rooster Cogburn (Chicken Lawman)
33. Buffalo Bill (Bison Sheriff)
34. Buffalo Bill (Bison Marksman)
35. Calamity Jane Canary (Canary Sharpshooter)
36. Wild Bill Peacock (Peacock Lawman)
37. Fan Flanders (Frog Pirate)
38. Fan Flanders (Frog Swashbuckler)
39. Fan Flanders (Frog Heroine)

Those are those companions that need talking animations I can think of for the moment. Hope they get added sometime soon.

Thanks again for listening!
No, just, no. Don't you see the amount of work necessary in this list? Plus it wouldn't enhance the player's game experience at all. It's time to let the past things go and concentrate on the future!
( Obviously you have too much time on your hands, with the amount of "maintainance and polish" posts you've been making. )

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
I was also thinking all companions need talking animations!

You forgot about Louis Le Bisque, though

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I think I have to agree with anecorbie on this. My wish would be for the programmers to spend time on creating new content rather than polishing old. After we move the story forward, if they want to go back and enhance things, that's cool.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Mar 6, 2016 wrote:
No, just, no. Don't you see the amount of work necessary in this list? Plus it wouldn't enhance the player's game experience at all. It's time to let the past things go and concentrate on the future!
( Obviously you have too much time on your hands, with the amount of "maintainance and polish" posts you've been making. )
Easy, there. They don't have to do all o' them at once. Just maybe some or a little at a time. I know how much work they'd have to do to make that happen. That, & I know we should concentrate on moving forward.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
CaptainBlackWolfBo... on Mar 6, 2016 wrote:
I was also thinking all companions need talking animations!

You forgot about Louis Le Bisque, though
I didn't forget, but I would not add more to the list now. Once they move the story forward, I may do so.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Willowydream on Mar 7, 2016 wrote:
I think I have to agree with anecorbie on this. My wish would be for the programmers to spend time on creating new content rather than polishing old. After we move the story forward, if they want to go back and enhance things, that's cool.
That I understand. I made the list so KI may look at that & they may do some for some time later once they move the story, not all at once.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
I would like it but it would look weird. And Kendrick would scream and hop on his ship with his companions that don't talk and Birgus will wonder what happened to him.

Lieutenant
Sep 14, 2015
anecorbie on Mar 6, 2016 wrote:
I'm with anecorbie (yes, you too, Chrissy). This would certainly take KI a lot of time to come out with, and can't we all agree that Ki has taken long enough on the updates? Plus, if a side quest companion talks on their promotion quest, then they'd have to talk on the storyline too. There are already too many universal companions, Blind Mew said so himself.

Wicked Aaron Brewster

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Captain Blaze Hunt... on Mar 27, 2016 wrote:
I'm with anecorbie (yes, you too, Chrissy). This would certainly take KI a lot of time to come out with, and can't we all agree that Ki has taken long enough on the updates? Plus, if a side quest companion talks on their promotion quest, then they'd have to talk on the storyline too. There are already too many universal companions, Blind Mew said so himself.

Wicked Aaron Brewster
As I've spoken before, they don't have to do all those at once. Just a few at a time between updates.

You forget that the Magnificent 7 companions do have dialogue in their promotion quests, like all that share the "Contest of Champions" quest? I enjoyed that.

I don't think I remember Blind mew saying there are already too many universal companions. To recall there are about 7 now, Bonnie Anne, Ratbeard, El Toro, Monkey King, Gracie Conrad, Catbeard, & Hawkules, & currently, they all, well, most, have talking animations.

Plus, companions that have been promoted, from the 1st time to recent, are currently not programmed to do talking animations, besides talking to them in Tavern Cellars.

Side quest companions that are universally recruited are bound to have promotion quests, & I would like to see that. Rooster Cogburn didn't get his promotion yet, & I'm sure I will enjoy it once he gets his 1st promo quest. Same goes to others, that is to say, Shiruku Neko, Zeena, & Ju Hao, & I'm sure they may have talking animations made someday, in the case they have promo quests someday, like the universal companions do.

Lieutenant
Sep 14, 2015
Trimond297 on Mar 30, 2016 wrote:
As I've spoken before, they don't have to do all those at once. Just a few at a time between updates.

You forget that the Magnificent 7 companions do have dialogue in their promotion quests, like all that share the "Contest of Champions" quest? I enjoyed that.

I don't think I remember Blind mew saying there are already too many universal companions. To recall there are about 7 now, Bonnie Anne, Ratbeard, El Toro, Monkey King, Gracie Conrad, Catbeard, & Hawkules, & currently, they all, well, most, have talking animations.

Plus, companions that have been promoted, from the 1st time to recent, are currently not programmed to do talking animations, besides talking to them in Tavern Cellars.

Side quest companions that are universally recruited are bound to have promotion quests, & I would like to see that. Rooster Cogburn didn't get his promotion yet, & I'm sure I will enjoy it once he gets his 1st promo quest. Same goes to others, that is to say, Shiruku Neko, Zeena, & Ju Hao, & I'm sure they may have talking animations made someday, in the case they have promo quests someday, like the universal companions do.
I agree with what you're saying, Trimond, but even universal side quest companions wouldn't be able to talk in the event of a storyline. If a player hadn't completed the side quest yet, then who would talk in place of them?

Also, I like how you mentioned the Magnificent Seven. They seem too important to not be universal, and had a privateer not gotten both Wild Bill Peacock and Calamity Jane Canary, then they'd have a lot more speaking parts in quests other than their own promotion.

Wicked Aaron Brewster