Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

ship outnumbering

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 20, 2015
when you defeat ships you always seem to pull other ships when you are fighting one ship. especially when you defeat 10 monquistan ships right before port regal. its already hard enought to defeat one even with the best ship you can buy with the best equipments and you ALWAYS pull another ship. this is really annoying me when i do the quest for characters. so if you fight ships, i think you guys should make only one ship allowed to attack you.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
the detector on Feb 10, 2016 wrote:
when you defeat ships you always seem to pull other ships when you are fighting one ship. especially when you defeat 10 monquistan ships right before port regal. its already hard enought to defeat one even with the best ship you can buy with the best equipments and you ALWAYS pull another ship. this is really annoying me when i do the quest for characters. so if you fight ships, i think you guys should make only one ship allowed to attack you.
We can group with friends and attack one ship, so why not them? There is a way to minimize the gang up of enemy ships. When you are going after ships, stop for a while in the windlane and study their movements - pay particular attention to those ships at the end of each group; you can usually spot a lone "straggler". Attacking the lonely ships gives you a better chance of avoiding the gangs.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
If you're soloing ship battles, you need to take a few moments to observe the group of ships you're planning to attack. Just like any mob on land, they have a route they travel, and sometimes they tend to group up or spread out. If you watch for a minute, you can almost always tell where you can select one from the bunch. Once engaged, you can back up by pressing the down arrow. So long as you don't back into the windlane or so far that the ship needs to reset (don't you hate when you see that barred-circle appear) you can drag it a little way away from its fellows and sink it without drawing any more ships to attack you. I like to select a ship and move parallel to the windlane so I know where it is and can escape quickly if things don't turn out the way I planned. With practice, you can solo-sink any sinkable ship in the Spiral!

And they say there's no strategy to ship-fighting...

(This is how you solo the Pirate's Regatta. )

Petty Officer
Jul 25, 2012
I hate this. Because when I have to defeat the royal squadron for a the key, I ALWAYS get attacked by another ship. They're so cramped. They need a little spreading out.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Feb 10, 2016 wrote:
If you're soloing ship battles, you need to take a few moments to observe the group of ships you're planning to attack. Just like any mob on land, they have a route they travel, and sometimes they tend to group up or spread out. If you watch for a minute, you can almost always tell where you can select one from the bunch. Once engaged, you can back up by pressing the down arrow. So long as you don't back into the windlane or so far that the ship needs to reset (don't you hate when you see that barred-circle appear) you can drag it a little way away from its fellows and sink it without drawing any more ships to attack you. I like to select a ship and move parallel to the windlane so I know where it is and can escape quickly if things don't turn out the way I planned. With practice, you can solo-sink any sinkable ship in the Spiral!

And they say there's no strategy to ship-fighting...

(This is how you solo the Pirate's Regatta. )
Yeah, didn't someone once say ship combat strategy was just "mash buttons"?

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Are you going close the ships?

If so its not that bad because sometimes your gears accuracy increases when up close to the ship but when soloing ships I would reccomend have long range equipment so that you can stay further from enemy ships

If you must go close and attack get sails that boost your dodge by 12 percent so that you can dodge a lot of attacks for a period of time

Also listen to what Anecorbie and WillowyDream said that will also help you in your adventures