Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

I have a suggestion.

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jul 25, 2012
When ye defeat Gortez 25 times he appears in the crown shop and has to be purchased with crowns. The same goes with Chumba Wumba, and the troggy chief one.

I think it's a waste of time because some people are willing to spend their time defeating them just to find out it wasn't really worth it because they find out ye can get them as a companion but the catch is ye have to purchase it with crowns.

I think when ye defeat them the final time they should ask to be a part of yer crew.

It should be some kind of reward for beating them so many times not a reward you have to pay for.

Feel free to object if you feel the need to .

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
turtlemcturtleton on Jan 18, 2016 wrote:
When ye defeat Gortez 25 times he appears in the crown shop and has to be purchased with crowns. The same goes with Chumba Wumba, and the troggy chief one.

I think it's a waste of time because some people are willing to spend their time defeating them just to find out it wasn't really worth it because they find out ye can get them as a companion but the catch is ye have to purchase it with crowns.

I think when ye defeat them the final time they should ask to be a part of yer crew.

It should be some kind of reward for beating them so many times not a reward you have to pay for.

Feel free to object if you feel the need to .
Why are players so eager to cut into KI's line of revenue? Aren't there enough free companions recruited by main or side quest lines? Like it or not this is one of the ways KI makes the money to support this game by making certain goodies ( like companions & mounts ) unlocked Crown Shop items.
It should come as no surprise that these companions aren't quest rewards, it says so on the badge requirements.
The reward is unlocking them and in the case of Goronado, many players consider him "worth" the battles.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
If I may add Goronado will not join the crew, if your pirate character(s) doses not prove themselves to Gortez his brother. Yes it's wroth fighting that Big Ape 25 times and that's a powerful companion wroth buying.This is currently the strongest companion,pirates to offer. ( In my opinon. )

I can't say much of the troggy chief, that's the only master boss companion i didn't buy.

Chumba Wumba is unlocked by defeating him 3 times, he is not that hard as a , however he is very challenging as a .This companion is okay,in my opinon.

I would like to see more master boss companion added, in a future update.

Have I mention, you earn a budge as a bonus for completing the challenge ?

Petty Officer
Jul 25, 2012
Monkrinx2024 on Jan 19, 2016 wrote:
If I may add Goronado will not join the crew, if your pirate character(s) doses not prove themselves to Gortez his brother. Yes it's wroth fighting that Big Ape 25 times and that's a powerful companion wroth buying.This is currently the strongest companion,pirates to offer. ( In my opinon. )

I can't say much of the troggy chief, that's the only master boss companion i didn't buy.

Chumba Wumba is unlocked by defeating him 3 times, he is not that hard as a , however he is very challenging as a .This companion is okay,in my opinon.

I would like to see more master boss companion added, in a future update.

Have I mention, you earn a budge as a bonus for completing the challenge ?
What do you mean you earn a "budge" as a bonus?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
turtlemcturtleton on Jan 19, 2016 wrote:
What do you mean you earn a "budge" as a bonus?
Badge, mate. That was just a typo.

Petty Officer
Jul 25, 2012