Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Side world Idea

AuthorMessage
First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
So Lucas and I made an idea for expansion of MQ that would be a side thing. It is based off of the Reconquista, the Spanish effort to drive the Muslims out of Spain.

So Gortez tells us he has received word of an attack on his homeland, Gornada Skyway. We are sent to investigate. We docked at the isle of Menorca at the entrance to the skyway. The place is in ruins. Ashes of a once great port city are all that remains. Then some Renegade Monquistadors come and are like, oh has the king finally sent word? We will have none of it! we fight them, and then a monk comes near cave and motions to us to follow. We go inside the cave. There is a general there with his helmet off and a long beard. He says that he had faith in the king and explains his story.

The gorillas, having been prisoners of the monkeys for hundreds of years, organized a rebellion. They ambushed the city and now control the entire skyway. The Moquistan fleet was burned with Aquilan fire, the gorilla's secret weapon. The army has extremely low morale and many have gone mad, and many more have died of starvation or sickness or dehydration. The general says he has a plan, and now that they have a ship on their side (ours) it just might work. He says if we recapture the capital city of Gordoba then we will squash the rebellion. The city next to the capital, Gortegada, has sympathizers and is preparing siege engines. However, the Gorilla fleet would destroy the siege engines before they could reach the capital.

Our task is to sail to the Island of Plama, between Menorca and Gordoba, and use the enemy's aquilan fire against them and burn their navy, which is stationed there. Also, many POW's are there that we have to free. We burn the navy, then sail to the capital to aid the siege, and we get them to surrender.

This is a brief overview of a fairly sizable side world. There are also a ton of side quests.

Fearless Finnigan

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
Fearless Finnagan on Jan 17, 2016 wrote:
So Lucas and I made an idea for expansion of MQ that would be a side thing. It is based off of the Reconquista, the Spanish effort to drive the Muslims out of Spain.

So Gortez tells us he has received word of an attack on his homeland, Gornada Skyway. We are sent to investigate. We docked at the isle of Menorca at the entrance to the skyway. The place is in ruins. Ashes of a once great port city are all that remains. Then some Renegade Monquistadors come and are like, oh has the king finally sent word? We will have none of it! we fight them, and then a monk comes near cave and motions to us to follow. We go inside the cave. There is a general there with his helmet off and a long beard. He says that he had faith in the king and explains his story.

The gorillas, having been prisoners of the monkeys for hundreds of years, organized a rebellion. They ambushed the city and now control the entire skyway. The Moquistan fleet was burned with Aquilan fire, the gorilla's secret weapon. The army has extremely low morale and many have gone mad, and many more have died of starvation or sickness or dehydration. The general says he has a plan, and now that they have a ship on their side (ours) it just might work. He says if we recapture the capital city of Gordoba then we will squash the rebellion. The city next to the capital, Gortegada, has sympathizers and is preparing siege engines. However, the Gorilla fleet would destroy the siege engines before they could reach the capital.

Our task is to sail to the Island of Plama, between Menorca and Gordoba, and use the enemy's aquilan fire against them and burn their navy, which is stationed there. Also, many POW's are there that we have to free. We burn the navy, then sail to the capital to aid the siege, and we get them to surrender.

This is a brief overview of a fairly sizable side world. There are also a ton of side quests.

Fearless Finnigan
*Correction* We have to sail to Palma, not Plama

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2013
I like this idea but it's not really a side world considering it's in the same world, more like a side skyway that isn't entered via main storyline.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
I've personally never liked the idea of a side world but if one had to be in the game I would definitely chose this!

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
Some clever quest name puns:
  • Planet of the Apes (intro quest)
  • Need for Feed (feeding the starving monkey soldiers)
  • A Run for your Monkey (various errands for the monkeys)
  • Apes of Wrath (random gorilla dungeon quest)
  • Drum and Drummer (idk, some drummer monkey for the army lost his drum or something)
  • Story of my Wife (monkey whose wife was taken by King Kong wants you to get her back)
  • The Seige of Gornada (the attack on Gordoba, ending the Gorilla rebellion)
  • G'day, Primate! (idk, some Australian guy who wants you to do stuff)
  • Orang-utan Is the New Black (quest where you break a monkey PoW out of a Gorilla camp)
  • Monquistan Horror Story (a monkey wants you to investigate mysterious events in the Gortez Hotel)

i am proud of myself

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
AndrewDeathblade11... on Jan 20, 2016 wrote:
  • Drum and Drummer (idk, some drummer monkey for the army lost his drum or something)
  • Story of my Wife (monkey whose wife was taken by King Kong wants you to get her back)
  • Orang-utan Is the New Black (quest where you break a monkey PoW out of a Gorilla camp)
  • Monquistan Horror Story (a monkey wants you to investigate mysterious events in the Gortez Hotel)

i am proud of myself
Are you channeling Valkor the Victorious? I haven't seen such a string of excellent puns since he left! I love them all!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

i am proud of myself
Maybe not Planet of the Apes ( copyright infringement ) But you could use
Planning of the Apes
or
Plantain of the Apes ( fruits of the Deceiver! )

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
anecorbie on Jan 20, 2016 wrote:
Planning of the Apes
or
Finnigan suggested I change it to Planet of the Gorillas but I was being kind of rebellious...

Also no I've never had a conversation with Valkoor, idk if i've ever seen him

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
anecorbie on Jan 20, 2016 wrote:
Planning of the Apes
or
Planet of the apes is fair use. Clips from said movie, or anything related to it is borderline infringement but a mere mention of the title is fair.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013

i am proud of myself
And you should be quite proud!!! Heck, I'm proud of you! Those are some fantastic and hilarious puns/nods and they really show some exceptional creativity and widespread knowledge regarding entertainment/literature......and.....and.....and-- monkeys!!! Who doesn't love monkeys...and apes...and primates and things that go....ooh--oooh-ooooh!?!?!

Just wanted to stop in and say wonderful punnage there!!! And since we never had a "conversation" before...I thought that this would be a great time to say "Hello" and nice to make your acquaintance.

Great job and keep up the fun--WELL DONE!

Oh and Finn....fantastic work and idea-- I rather like it. Nice presentation and it sounds like it would be a blast...a barrel of monkeys, you could even say! I would expect nothing less from someone such as yourself...someone that's always been quite creative and funny in your own right-- <for a Girl from Ipanema, that is>....

(Hopefully, you remember that from your other Frank-thread. If not, I'm in trouble...and outta here!)

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jan 21, 2016 wrote:
And you should be quite proud!!! Heck, I'm proud of you! Those are some fantastic and hilarious puns/nods and they really show some exceptional creativity and widespread knowledge regarding entertainment/literature......and.....and.....and-- monkeys!!! Who doesn't love monkeys...and apes...and primates and things that go....ooh--oooh-ooooh!?!?!

Just wanted to stop in and say wonderful punnage there!!! And since we never had a "conversation" before...I thought that this would be a great time to say "Hello" and nice to make your acquaintance.

Oh and Finn....fantastic work and idea-- I rather like it. Nice presentation and it sounds like it would be a blast...a barrel of monkeys, you could even say! I would expect nothing less from someone such as yourself...someone that's always been quite creative and funny in your own right-- <for a Girl from Ipanema, that is>....

(Hopefully, you remember that from your other Frank-thread. If not, I'm in trouble...and outta here!)
Good to see you again, me hearty! I do remember that thread, and especially, your reply. As a matter of fact, I have the page bookmarked in my browser for anytime I need some cheering up.

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jan 21, 2016 wrote:

Yo Valkoor
sup
  • Monkey Can't Buy Happiness (a widowed monkey baroness wants you to avenge her husband who died in the war)
  • Monkey in the Middle (a monkey left a message for someone at the camp you raided in Orang-utan Is the New Black, he is on a ship being sent to another camp and needs rescuing [and maybe recruiting])
  • Monkey Talks (a banana-came-first monkey is bribing a tree-came-first priest to believe in his faith, and the priest wants you go on a hunt to find this cave, which ironically turns out to be full of ancient monkey hieroglyphics telling that the banana came first)
  • Written in Stone (following Monkey Talks - the priest doesn't believe it, and sends you on a mission to find an Armada carbon-dating machine to prove that those hieroglyphics were written by the monkey who bribed him)
  • Big Monkey (the dungeon quest within Story of my Wife from the last post, it's in King Kong's Lair, where you fight him)
  • A Fool and his Monkey (um, you meet a monkey gambler, and Finnigan made the plot pretty much all by himself so he can probably explain the rest)
  • Gortez the Killer (following A Fool and his Monkey - Finnigan can probably explain this one too)
  • Ape-ples to Orang-utans (following Gortez the Killer - yeah let's let Finnigan explain this one as well)
  • An Ape-ple A Day (a side quest where you take some monkeys to a doctor in Tierra Primata)
  • Taste of Your Own Medicine (following An Ape-ple A Day - you find the guy who poisoned the monkeys, and poison him)
  • A Blessing in Disguise (storyline quest - you are taken to your execution in Gortegada, which turns out to be a banquet where you meet the sympathizers)
  • Ape-ple of My Eye ([lol tired of apple puns yet?] a side quest where a monkey in Gornada wants you to reunite him with the female gorilla he secretly loves)
  • From Rags to Riches (an arrogant monkey baron who got rich from gold mining makes you do stuff)
  • Fools' Gold (following From Rags to Riches - you find out it was iron pyrites, not gold, so the monkey loses his money)

• K cya

Pirate Overlord
    Mar 16, 2012
    AndrewDeathblade11... on Feb 2, 2016 wrote:
    Yo Valkoor
    sup
  • Monkey Can't Buy Happiness (a widowed monkey baroness wants you to avenge her husband who died in the war)
  • Monkey in the Middle (a monkey left a message for someone at the camp you raided in Orang-utan Is the New Black, he is on a ship being sent to another camp and needs rescuing [and maybe recruiting])
  • Monkey Talks (a banana-came-first monkey is bribing a tree-came-first priest to believe in his faith, and the priest wants you go on a hunt to find this cave, which ironically turns out to be full of ancient monkey hieroglyphics telling that the banana came first)
  • Written in Stone (following Monkey Talks - the priest doesn't believe it, and sends you on a mission to find an Armada carbon-dating machine to prove that those hieroglyphics were written by the monkey who bribed him)
  • Big Monkey (the dungeon quest within Story of my Wife from the last post, it's in King Kong's Lair, where you fight him)
  • A Fool and his Monkey (um, you meet a monkey gambler, and Finnigan made the plot pretty much all by himself so he can probably explain the rest)
  • Gortez the Killer (following A Fool and his Monkey - Finnigan can probably explain this one too)
  • Ape-ples to Orang-utans (following Gortez the Killer - yeah let's let Finnigan explain this one as well)
  • An Ape-ple A Day (a side quest where you take some monkeys to a doctor in Tierra Primata)
  • Taste of Your Own Medicine (following An Ape-ple A Day - you find the guy who poisoned the monkeys, and poison him)
  • A Blessing in Disguise (storyline quest - you are taken to your execution in Gortegada, which turns out to be a banquet where you meet the sympathizers)
  • Ape-ple of My Eye ([lol tired of apple puns yet?] a side quest where a monkey in Gornada wants you to reunite him with the female gorilla he secretly loves)
  • From Rags to Riches (an arrogant monkey baron who got rich from gold mining makes you do stuff)
  • Fools' Gold (following From Rags to Riches - you find out it was iron pyrites, not gold, so the monkey loses his money)

• K cya
    More tonnage of punnage, And this is a side world?

First Mate
    Nov 01, 2012
    Yo Valkoor
    sup

• K cya
    You forgot Dial M for Monkey.

First Mate
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fearless Finnagan on Feb 2, 2016 wrote:
    You forgot Dial M for Monkey.
    Ran out of space...and also I forgot it.

must sleep

Dread Pirate
    Jun 17, 2013
    Yo Valkoor
    sup

• K cya
    Again....wonderful and hysterical job there. Seems you have quite the knack-y for the wacky-- and that's a good thing there!!! I've never seen such a fine display of monkey buns..I mean puns-- very creative and clever. Well done!!!

If I may offer up one more monkey quest for you and Finn's side world, how about....."Big Monkey in Little MooShu?" Perhaps it could be a promotion quest for one of your lil' ol' monkey companions. Something like, your pirate is challenged with the task of rebuilding a Monquistan ship for the KIng and Queen. So a Carpenter sends you and your crew to MooShu to find the most exquisite Moohagony wood to craft a fine vessel for the King and Queen. You must track down two of the Spiral's finest wood workers that are believed to have relocated to the land of milk and cheese. Along the way your crew meets up with a MooShu restaurant owner named Wang and his unlikely business partner and former enemy, Wong. You arrive at their restaurant, The Three Storms, and you must deliver them the secret phrase after ringing the shop's bell. When they hear the secret phrase of "Oops, I must have Wang the Wong bell", they gladly steer you towards the two wood workers, hiding out in MooShu.

After a fun search and upon finding Kurt Muscle and Kim Cat-tail, you are given the task of infiltrating Lo Pan's underground lair, where for some odd reason, he has stock piled all that Moohagony (well, he does like to whittle jewelry boxes.) You set out Jack Russell, Egg Shen, Gracie Conrad and a newly acquired companion, Meow Yin to battle and defeat Lo Pan and his dastardly fiends. Back in Monquista, and with Moohagony in hand, your little monkey buddy gets his long overdue promotion...and goes bananas!!!

....or something like that.

Hmmm....on second thought, I had already thought of a Ninja Pig promotion called, "Pig Stubble in Little Diner"-- where your ninja pig encounters quite the close shave and gets promoted to....Spiral Shaved Ham!!!