Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Why am I "famous" here?

AuthorMessage
Captain
Dec 11, 2010
Accidentally posted this in shipyards too XD so if there is a duplicate topic that's why.

On other forums I get constantly bullied and people hate on my posts, I act the same on EVERY forum I visit yet here I am like somewhat famous as an user of high appraise? How can my posts be seen negatively by one forum yet extremely positive by another? I am confused!!! Are you guys my only real friends :(

Lieutenant
Jul 23, 2013
Those people obviously don't respect your posts and are not to be dealt with. I've seen many of your posts and enjoyed reading the quirky humor and cool vibe. I hope to see more posts from you in the future

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Rachel Dreamsong on Nov 24, 2015 wrote:
Accidentally posted this in shipyards too XD so if there is a duplicate topic that's why.

On other forums I get constantly bullied and people hate on my posts, I act the same on EVERY forum I visit yet here I am like somewhat famous as an user of high appraise? How can my posts be seen negatively by one forum yet extremely positive by another? I am confused!!! Are you guys my only real friends :(
Hmm, not having read the other forums, I don't understand why the reaction to your posts here are different to the posts anywhere else. Unless its a matter of the readers - marauders are generally a polite, helpful and supportive bunch ( sure we have our differences but by and large we're not harsh or cruel ).
Also these boards are moderated, so any nasty, trollish behavior doesn't get seen. That is the difference, I think.

Ensign
May 14, 2013
The answer may lie solely in the fact that although you are an amazing poster, the communities on the other forums may have been too hostile or negative to appreciate your work. The pirate101 community is probably the most friendly and helpful on the internet and being moderated helps prevent any mean behaviour. Continue doing what your doing as I think everyone here will keep supporting and enjoying your work.

Matthew

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
There will always be mean people who get joy out of hurting others. Pay them no mind they aren't worth your time. We enjoy your input.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009

That's pretty much my social life in a nutshell.

I think it's because, as Miss Esperanza said, these are a moderated boards.

However it could just be the people on those forums versus here. I tend to be resolute in my opinions and theories at times, however I always treat everybody I meet as family, even strangers. I notice a lot of the people on these boards are similar, if not the same.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65

Lieutenant
Feb 14, 2014
It's the internet. Anyone can sit behind a screen and say the meanest thing possible and not care. IMO, they are to scared to say it to your face. You are wonderful, Rachel.

Don't let the haters get to you.

From the wise words of Miranda Sings, "HATERZ BACK OFF!"

Lieutenant
Sep 21, 2014

As said by many other people, these are moderated message boards therefore any hate, spam, or bullying, is left in the Hate haven and driven away from this wonderful community of Pirates

Yohoho!

Captain
Sep 19, 2012

them other cyberbullies are just jealous of your brilliance.. to be creative sweet and exciting is a talent.. you madam are all of the above.. the pirates that post on this message board recognize that fact.. you surrounded by the most amazing community ever to be found in a game too Yar Har! x tips hat x
stormy jen silver

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
*Gazes proudly at wonderful Message Board Marauders*

Ensign
Sep 08, 2015
Rachel! Your posts are not hated by wizards! I saw them, and no one screams at you! Maybe it seems like it to you, but really, i read the Ravenwood Commons posts EVERY DAY, and i've seen no one scream. Maybe you get a little critic, but who doesn't from the arrogantic (i don't mean ALL of the people) people who think that THEIR opinion is the correct one?

Fiona Dreamer lvl 42 Master thaumaturge
Annoying Amber lvl 42