Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Battleboard combat upgrade suggestions

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Ahoy, there!

Throughout the numerous battles in land combat, I began to think if we may see more larger battleboards in the later story updates to come, yet, I have this feeling that I may not want to see, at least, many more smaller battleboards to new land zones & instances, plus, who knows if larger enemies that may take up more than just one battleboard tile. I'd imagine it'd take a larger portrait of the larger enemies to accommodate that.

Listen, I can imagine battling larger enemies that will take up some tiles, even in cases to later bosses that may be larger than regular enemies, yet, attacking them directly may not be the answer in these said cases. Where would we attack them in order to defeat them? Their weak points? If we attack their weak points to their structures, will that decrease their total health amounts before they are destroyed, & if they're all gone, will they be defeated?

This comes to my suggestions to land combat, upgrade the land combat system to accommodate more larger battleboards with actual roaming around the larger boards to see the rest of it's field to see the enemies & larger enemies.

Picture this, if we see larger battleboards made beyond the ones we have someday soon, we may need to have an ability to roam around the larger boards to see the enemies during the planning phase, with the overhead camera scrolling across the board in every direction to see more of it via the arrow keys only, though, in some cases, there may be points where the camera cannot scroll any farther if their walls are hit, to prevent us from seeing outside the larger battleboard. I think that should be made.

As to larger enemies in combat, they should have at least one or more open weak points that have health amounts that counts towards the enemies' total health amount altogether, & as they get hit, their amount decreases, which counts towards the total amount & the main amount gets deducted until one of their weak points' health amounts are depleted, & they cannot be attacked anymore, & we have to attack another open weak point to damage it more, & the same occurs, & so on, until they're all destroyed, & the larger enemies are defeated once their main health amounts are completely depleted.

I think these ideas haven't been done in P101 yet, so, I would think these may be considered evolutions to our current land combat system without deriving it. Plus, with larger land zones heading our way, possibly, I think we may have to see these someday.

Those are my suggestions to evolve our current land combat system. Hope you can consider this & experiment these ideas one day soon. Picture this. I'm starting to after thinking about what's to come for P101.

I think these may be good ideas to upgrade our land combat system, & maybe very handy in later battles against larger enemies in land combat to come, & even making more larger & complex dungeon instances & their battleboards, too. Pirates, what do you think?

Thanks again for listening!

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I'd have to say those are interesting ideas... kind of like the Hydra battle, with differing Battle Goals depending on the weak spots?

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Willowydream on Oct 21, 2015 wrote:
I'd have to say those are interesting ideas... kind of like the Hydra battle, with differing Battle Goals depending on the weak spots?
Well, you could say that kind of thing, only instead of the larger enemies staying still in the background & letting the enemy units doing the hitting & moving, unlike the Hydra's body & it's heads, they move in different directions in the battleboards & they attack their opponents, & you'd have to attack their structures' weak points to damage them, reducing the weak points' own health amounts, therefore doing damage to the larger enemies, whose their amounts counts toward decreasing the larger enemies' total main health amounts altogether & truly damaging them, & destroying all of them before completely defeating them, & you don't have to switch between weak points, which doesn't truly count towards the battle victory conditions differing between them because they're all part of the larger enemies, just as long as you make sure you have to destroy them all in order to completely defeat the larger enemies. If you attack and destroy one weak point, they will still keep on battling unless you attack and destroy them all. Then, & only then, will they be completely defeated in battles.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Well, if there's going to be larger battleboards made someday, upgrades to the battleboard combat system should be made, too. We can't just focus our battles on only a portion of it & not have the ability to scroll around the board to see the rest of the boards. Plus, we may be facing larger enemies sometime soon, & they will no doubt occupy more than one battleboard tile. Even at times, facing larger enemies & bosses will be major to our adventures.

Plus, if we're going to have our ultimate final battle with Supreme Commander Kane at the end of the First Major Story Arc, I would think he would have to face not one, not two, but many of his forms, & not all at once like Khrysalis' Shadow Palace's least epic final battle against Morganthe(truly not that epic as I thought, by the way.), just one form after another after defeating his previous forms in each of his battles, each epic battle as part of the truly epic last battle against Kane, and that means he will probably resort to adapting himself to larger bodies as his own last resorts via mechanical transformation many times & getting larger, even more than any enemy we've encountered by far, as how End-of-Arc Villains should be doing, starting with normal form as the first battle, & then, facing larger & more complex forms to continue the battles, up to their very last form at the peak of their final battles just as they're close to facing their ultimate defeats. Just thinking.

Wouldn't want Kane's final battle to be like Malistaire's or Morganthe's least or not so epic final battles in W101, would we? Even if it takes long for KI to make the ultimate confrontation against Kane as lengthy & epic, even if it means dividing them into numerous lengthy epic battles, as end-of-arc villains' battles should be, I couldn't care less if they do take long, so long as they make them worth like how actual final battles at the end of their major story arcs should be made. They shouldn't be made on a tight schedule, you know.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
I may say, the ideas to upgrade the battleboard combat system without deriving from it's pure original formula will surely work well in many battles against larger enemies & bosses to come, & the upgrades will suit well in facing end-of-arc villains, that are fought in the major story arcs' conclusions, undergoing many forms that makes them larger, after defeating their first normal forms at the beginning of their final battles against them, all the way up to their final forms at the very conclusion of their final battles before facing their ultimate defeats.

Plus, the upgrades to the battleboard combat system will have the overhead camera to scroll in every direction in the larger battleboards to see the rest of them. We may see them one day. Not every battle has to limit themselves to only the center of the battleboard.

I can truly imagine going to battle against the larger enemies in larger battleboards in later adventures to come. Can you?

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
This would be interesting, when/if our pirate(s) travel to Emphyra the squid world. How will that giant sky squid fit in our future ships in board side combat ? I can't imagine a creature. that take up more than half the space of the battle map. ( yes the same one that ate our pirate 101 parents )

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Monkrinx2024 on Nov 9, 2015 wrote:
This would be interesting, when/if our pirate(s) travel to Emphyra the squid world. How will that giant sky squid fit in our future ships in board side combat ? I can't imagine a creature. that take up more than half the space of the battle map. ( yes the same one that ate our pirate 101 parents )
Well, if they make larger ships, the broadside battleboards would also be larger. Still, possibilities.

Nevertheless, if they make larger creatures/enemies & even bosses that take up some battleboard spaces in later battles to arrive, I would imagine the fights with them would be truly epic.

Probably, at some point, the Armada may go for creating larger machines, if their efforts to get the Map Pieces get even more serious, resulting them in creating & using bigger machinery to broaden their efforts for Kane. Maybe Bishop could aid in such production of larger machines. Even they may go to greater lengths like that. I would really enjoy those battles.

It's still possible for battles with larger creature/enemies & bosses to occur in P101, since there's bound to be more giant creatures during specific duels against notable bosses seen in particular worlds/dungeons that are aiding them with their custom-made attacks & cheats nowadays & more to arrive, & I enjoyed these kind of duels there. Even P101's end of arc villains will resort to becoming larger during their last battles containing many forms against us Pirates.

Would you imagine Kane becoming larger through mechanical transformations to bigger mechanical bodies of Kane in the very ultimate final battle against him to come? I can, & probably will.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Oh! I almost forgot to mention this, about certain conditions to facing & defeating larger enemies/bosses with structures to attack and damage in combat...

Many times, larger enemies/bosses will have structures that have their health amounts to go with their total amounts. However, once destroyed, the central weak point, or multiple weak points, at times, will be the last targets to attack before they are completely defeated.

Some occasions, if their structures get destroyed, the prime body itself will be the last target to attack before it's defeated completely.

From time to time, if we face larger machines in some battles, there may be optional, minor weapons attached to them. They can be destroyed, but they don't count to the larger enemies' total prime health amounts. They will only have their own health amounts, completely separate from theirs. Primary weapons that goes with them still count, though. However, if larger enemies are defeated, even with their prime weapons destroyed, all minor weapons are instantly destroyed by default, never to continue attacking afterwards.

The larger enemies/bosses will still attack, though, minor weapons & structures destroyed or not, for they have their own custom-made attacks only they use against us, no one else, not even the smaller enemies that accompany them. Such differences through that, like this one, E.G., if structures are destroyed, their movements will be slowed down, & once all are destroyed, they'll be severely slowed down.

Little food for thought on this.