Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Mojo Reaver and Blade should ignore all defence

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
I think we all by now know that witches are bottom of the food chain in PvP. I was thinking about the witch class, and their role. They are supposed to be fearsome pirates that can destroy you from a range, but you should always be afraid of approaching because of their mojo blade and reaver. But now, mojo reaver is rarely ever used. Everybody has a fortress, or valor's armor card to severely cut the damage of mojo reaver, bringing it down to roughly 600 damage on average.
So I had an idea that mojo reaver should not only ignore armor, but ignore all defenses. Any fortresses, valor's shields, armor's etc. should not weaken mojo blade or reaver.
This would be a major asset to witchdoctors, and a boost that they desperately need.

Also, the stabby weapon's armor pierce should pierce through shields like leviathan's call, and valor's fortress too. Piercing a percentage of the enemies armor does little to nothing, making the swashbuckler weapons bland and meaning that the armor pierce stat is pretty useless.

Merciless Jean Percy, 65

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
I think that this would be a great addition, though I believe the main reason that no one uses Reaver anymore is if we do we end up being destroyed by Witch Hunter Chains. As for the swashbuckler one, I think that is to powerful. Knocking Fortress and Levi's down to 20% and completely making Lament and Shield pointless seems a bit much.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Would also negate the defenses and break that aspect of fighting....

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
Oh yes perfect lets give witches a 1 hit kill ability ( complete sarcasm) if your having trouble playing a witch now with scratch its time for you to find a new class because witch is not the one for you

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
zuto4011a on Oct 3, 2015 wrote:
Oh yes perfect lets give witches a 1 hit kill ability ( complete sarcasm) if your having trouble playing a witch now with scratch its time for you to find a new class because witch is not the one for you
I have 4 max classes (swash, privy, witch and musket) and witch is my least favourite and i was simply suggesting a buff to increase their potential and usefulness, because they're a pathetic class at the moment.
Mojo reaver isn't a one hit kill anyway. It does 950-1,250 damage on average, and if it rarely goes critical i've seen it do 1,800 and i've heard it can do 2k. Even that isnt enough to one hit ko.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
DeathWiz101378 on Oct 4, 2015 wrote:
I have 4 max classes (swash, privy, witch and musket) and witch is my least favourite and i was simply suggesting a buff to increase their potential and usefulness, because they're a pathetic class at the moment.
Mojo reaver isn't a one hit kill anyway. It does 950-1,250 damage on average, and if it rarely goes critical i've seen it do 1,800 and i've heard it can do 2k. Even that isnt enough to one hit ko.
scratch's will buff, if it criticals it would kill for sure, no ability should be a one shot