Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Some Talents Questions

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 16, 2010
Ever since first strike 3 was finally fixed to "spot sneak attacks" I was wondering if Bladestorm 3, Vengeance strike 3, Double tap 3, and True grit 3 were working as intended. The talents read as " makes a bonus range/melee SNEAK attack..." wouldn't that mean those talents are suppose to deliver x2 damage now since they reached tier 3? Also i'm sure its not an "unexpected attack" since at ranks 1 and 2 they just say bonus melee/range attack. Hope someone could shed some light on this.

Lieutenant
Nov 21, 2010
Something Wolf on Aug 19, 2015 wrote:
Ever since first strike 3 was finally fixed to "spot sneak attacks" I was wondering if Bladestorm 3, Vengeance strike 3, Double tap 3, and True grit 3 were working as intended. The talents read as " makes a bonus range/melee SNEAK attack..." wouldn't that mean those talents are suppose to deliver x2 damage now since they reached tier 3? Also i'm sure its not an "unexpected attack" since at ranks 1 and 2 they just say bonus melee/range attack. Hope someone could shed some light on this.
I got the same question yesterday and I learned that BS3 allows you to land a hit without activating any og the opponents epics.

Lieutenant
Feb 02, 2013
Ratbeard will probably explain it better, but I'll do my best to sum it up:

Attacks labeled as "sneak attacks" work differently than normal attacks. Sneak attacks are faster than First strike 1/2. They do not deal x2 damage(maybe there is an increase I can't say for sure but it does not look like it), you are thinking too much of the buckler power These sneak attack's chances of hitting are based on the user's primary stat rather than accuracy or dodge, which is very helpful against most enemies.

Ensign
Jan 16, 2010
Hmm I undertsand it not activating other talents but I'm a little confused on what you mean by primary stat

Lieutenant
Feb 02, 2013
Something Wolf on Aug 20, 2015 wrote:
Hmm I undertsand it not activating other talents but I'm a little confused on what you mean by primary stat
Primary stat depends on your weapon, between Will, Strength and agility. Sneak attack's chances of hitting are based on whichever one you are currently using(best using that highest stat, which depends on the class)

Ensign
Jan 16, 2010
So my vegeance strike 3 does not use accuracy but my highest stat (strength) instead? So if I use my whales might and a swashbuckler hits me then would my accuracy be higher due to my whales might than my regular accuracy?

Lieutenant
Feb 02, 2013
Something Wolf on Aug 21, 2015 wrote:
So my vegeance strike 3 does not use accuracy but my highest stat (strength) instead? So if I use my whales might and a swashbuckler hits me then would my accuracy be higher due to my whales might than my regular accuracy?
that would be correct

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
By "sneak attacks" all they mean is that they wont see it coming. So it can't be first striked. unless you have first strike 3

Ensign
Jan 16, 2010
Stormy Sam Templet... on Aug 21, 2015 wrote:
that would be correct
Ty for the info never knew strength was used for more than criticals and damage.