Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

I noticed what I heard in Spring 2014's Test Realm

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
During the Test Realm's period for the Spring 2014 update, I took a revisit to The Old Chirp Place & it's instance quest, & I noticed that some companion chatter was added during it's battle against the Wild Bunch & Ike Bronco.

What I remember from that is Ratbeard saying his line, "Hold fast! To win, we needs to survive.", which was previously played the moment that battle began, however, I also noticed that battle had a bug that prevented me from winning after defeating Ike Bronco, about after either enduring the battle's survive condition or defeating all enemies to have Ike appear. I think after that bug was fixed, that line was kind of removed. I liked that one.

The other lines played during the battle are as I remember, Bonnie Anne saying, "They don't look so tough. Give 'em a few volleys. Maybe they'll run.", which would explain why that battle had only the PC & the Magnificent Seven with me as allies, & after Ike appears & says, "I've seen enough! Time fer some payback!", Ratbeard said, "There! That one's the toughest, Cap'n! Take him out first, I say.". One-Eyed Jack, I really liked the mid-battle dialogue during combat in select instances. Really broadens the battles by guiding us to our victory condition objectives, rather than having none. Top notch. I would presume there are more besides that afterwards, eh? I wonder if there are some companion mid-battle dialogue that would explain why some battles we fought are programmed to have us fight by solo...

Well, the point is, I didn't even noticed more companion chatter would be added during mid-battle in combat until that time, & I liked it. Pirates, if you noticed any more mid-battle companion chatter dialogue lines in select instances added after that update & onwards, just say what you found here. Amazing what you can find through revisiting past content, eh?