Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

I'm glad you guys are giving us more pets :)

AuthorMessage
First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
Dear Staff/Admin/Kingsisle Workers-- OK, whatever you call those guys!

I honestly don't care what new thing I see on the Pirate101 Launcher, be it Book 15 or another hard-to-get currency for buying equipment. But more pets is nice, because Pirate101 still has probably not even a quarter of how many pets Wizard101 has.

Also, whenever there's a new pet, I am hoping there's an Eagle Eyes 1 on it, so I can combine it with my Hoggle's Eagle Eyes 2, and find out what the mysterious Eagle Eyes 3 does. I'm hoping maybe it gives a bigger AoE (area of effect) for the area that the ally with Eagle Eyes effects.

I wrote Eagle Eyes four times there, so I'm hoping you get the point that I like the epic Eagle Eyes.

Anyways, I'm just saying that any update you give us is satisfying, as long as it's not something like:
Surprise! We've wounded all of your companions 3 times!

That would be horrible. Don't ever do that. No little space in my heart would ever forgive you.

If you guys just gave us new pets every once in a while for a year and delayed the next storyline update, I would be perfectly alright with that.

Here are some things you can do while you're waiting for Book 15:
  • Get a pirate of each class to Level 65
  • Get a Master Smuggler outfit for each pirate
  • Get a perfect pet for each pirate
  • Get some of that god forsaken Valor Armor gear for your Witchdoctor; it took me half a year, I just got mine yesterday! That's something time-consuming!

But here's the greatest achievement any pirate could ever have:

• Be the first person to get the Scrip Limit warning (if there even is one!)

Bye!

Corrupt Lucas Vries
__Level 65
__Armada's Most Wanted

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Hey Andrew, I really wanna yar your post for it is really well written and I love your sense of humor except for that weensey part about telling them it is OK to delay another year for content update just to get more pets.
I LOVE yarring well written posts........*Reaches for yar button............Imagines another year............*
*Head desk, head desk, head desk..............sobs...........I REEEEEALLLY wanna but a whole nother YEAR!

*Sends virtual pat on the back for the REST of the post.*

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
AndrewDeathblade11... on Jun 29, 2015 wrote:

I honestly don't care what new thing I see on the Pirate101 Launcher, be it Book 15 or another hard-to-get currency for buying equipment. But more pets is nice, because Pirate101 still has probably not even a quarter of how many pets Wizard101 has.

Also, whenever there's a new pet, I am hoping there's an Eagle Eyes 1 on it, so I can combine it with my Hoggle's Eagle Eyes 2, and find out what the mysterious Eagle Eyes 3 does. I'm hoping maybe it gives a bigger AoE (area of effect) for the area that the ally with Eagle Eyes effects.

I wrote Eagle Eyes four times there, so I'm hoping you get the point that I like the epic Eagle Eyes.

Anyways, I'm just saying that any update you give us is satisfying, as long as it's not something like:

That would be horrible. Don't ever do that. No little space in my heart would ever forgive you.

If you guys just gave us new pets every once in a while for a year and delayed the next storyline update, I would be perfectly alright with that.

• Get some of that god forsaken Valor Armor gear for your Witchdoctor; it took me half a year, I just got mine yesterday! That's something time-consuming!

Bye!

Corrupt Lucas Vries
__Level 65
__Armada's Most Wanted
That pet is really nice to have.

Did you say, "the first to get the Scrip limit warning"? That would require new Tutorial Tips for those who are nearing & have hit the Scrip cap.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

Bye!

Corrupt Lucas Vries
__Level 65
__Armada's Most Wanted
Scrip limit is the same as the gold limit - 200,000. Mouse over your scrip amount on the character page and you'll see it.
A whole 'nother YEAR!!! ( I'm sensing some irony, there. )

Admiral
May 30, 2010

Bye!

Corrupt Lucas Vries
__Level 65
__Armada's Most Wanted
Um, no. Not another year. Not for love nor money

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Ahoy there Lucas! I did yar your post because I, like Chrissy, thought that it was rather clever and put together very well. And I had also hoped or assumed that you were being a bit sarcastic, facetious or playfully winkish with the the whole 'another year' part. Again like Chrissy alluded to, new pets are nice and all, but a whole nothah year of pets, without Book 15, would be quite hard to stomach. And that's coming from someone that absolutely loves pets, morphing and trying to figure out what to do with all my critters.

I say mix in some more new pets, but let's do it after we set sail for new worlds....or at least a pleasant return to Valencia. However, I do like how the new pets are bringing us new grants/powers/talents. I have not seen what other new traits/grants the Shrieking Eel has to offer, but I do know that the Flying Cobra brought us Grants Accurate 1 and the Bunnicorn introduced Rainbow Blessing.

So perhaps these new pets, and their new grants/traits, are a way of preparing and equipping our pirates for new worlds, enemies, PvP play and content to come. You know, letting us work in the new traits and talents/powers/grants before they schlappusindahface with Book 15. How dare they hit us with a book....oh I sure hope they do soon! Well, let's hope that is what is happening here. Because another year without a story line update would be rather grim....no matter what new pets we get our hooks on.

And by the way, I do have a Golden Sky Rattler that has Eagle Eyes 1 already expressed on it. So Eagle Eyes 1 is surely out there and probably some players already have Eagle Eyes 3 expressed as well. If you'd like to try your luck at getting Eagle Eyes 1 to transfer to your critter collection, I'd be happy to set up a morph with you.

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009

Bye!

Corrupt Lucas Vries
__Level 65
__Armada's Most Wanted
I love your post. I don't think we give enough credit to the KI development team for all these things they do whether big or small.

I still need to work for a perfect pet. My current pet gives Kraken's Lament, so I'm not too worried, but I really should try to get something better(like something that grants blade storm. with Blade Storm can be scary).

I'm still farming for that gear with Valor's Armor for any of my pirates. I'll get some soon. I can feel it!

I assumed the whole one year thing was just a joke, so I gave your post a yar. I don't want to wait a year.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
Maybe these new pets are a hint of a new world coming up in the first arc storyline.Hmm I wonder what powers these pets have when they reached mega level ?

I just hope it won't take another year of waiting,for those who have six max leveled pirate characters with all side quests finished and did Moo Manchu tower many times.

Hang on there pirates, Kane can't hide forever.

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
For everyone who replied about the Scrip Limit: by "if there even is one" I meant if there is a warning from Boochbeard for the scrip limit, not if there is a scrip limit.