Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Baron Samedi's mask

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
So I recently got Baron Samedi's mask while playing as my witchdoctor. I was very excited as the epic ability soul harvest looked really cool, but when I tested it out, I found that it only works if you kill an enemy with your basic attacks, and not with mojo storm and whatnot. Is this intentional? It kinda makes the mast useless for a lot of witchdoctors.

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
Voodoo Cornelius on Mar 21, 2015 wrote:
So I recently got Baron Samedi's mask while playing as my witchdoctor. I was very excited as the epic ability soul harvest looked really cool, but when I tested it out, I found that it only works if you kill an enemy with your basic attacks, and not with mojo storm and whatnot. Is this intentional? It kinda makes the mast useless for a lot of witchdoctors.
Nevermind, this isn't it. Now I am just confused.

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
Well Soul Harvest is an epic talent, and as you've probably noticed, your epic talents like Mojo Echo and Mojo Rising can only activate after regular attacks, not spells. But for some reason, the Nefarious Witchdoctor gets to summon enemies after killing things with Mojo Storm. I don't know what's with that.

Honestly, I just use the mask for its appearance and stitch it with my Technomage's Glasses from Bishop.

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
AndrewDeathblade11... on Mar 24, 2015 wrote:
Well Soul Harvest is an epic talent, and as you've probably noticed, your epic talents like Mojo Echo and Mojo Rising can only activate after regular attacks, not spells. But for some reason, the Nefarious Witchdoctor gets to summon enemies after killing things with Mojo Storm. I don't know what's with that.

Honestly, I just use the mask for its appearance and stitch it with my Technomage's Glasses from Bishop.
I figured it out. There is/was a glitch where it would only summon a minion if you have a certain effect on you, and that effect only showed up some of the time.

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
The Soul Harvest Epic is bugged, but the bug happens only periodically, making it hard to track down and eliminate. It is an excellent epic nonetheless, but you have to play it right. It is a good way of summoning distractions for your enemies to deal with while you and your companions tear them apart! Also, ANY class could use it well. In my case, I use the Musketeer Staff of Power that Moo Manchu drops. It is Spooky/Shooty, so with normal attacks, Soul Harvest works!

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
warriorscreed on Mar 31, 2015 wrote:
The Soul Harvest Epic is bugged, but the bug happens only periodically, making it hard to track down and eliminate. It is an excellent epic nonetheless, but you have to play it right. It is a good way of summoning distractions for your enemies to deal with while you and your companions tear them apart! Also, ANY class could use it well. In my case, I use the Musketeer Staff of Power that Moo Manchu drops. It is Spooky/Shooty, so with normal attacks, Soul Harvest works!
It works great for when a witchdoctor summon's their skeletal hoplites, you can pick them off one at a time and get 5 summons that are upgrades (+1 relentless, +250-300 health).

Also the Staff of Power is not spooky, its staffy.

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Voodoo Cornelius on Apr 3, 2015 wrote:
It works great for when a witchdoctor summon's their skeletal hoplites, you can pick them off one at a time and get 5 summons that are upgrades (+1 relentless, +250-300 health).

Also the Staff of Power is not spooky, its staffy.
Ah lol! My bad! I always end up using Spooky instead of Staffy! Still, the mask is very useful.......but you need to use it right.