Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

On Testing Grounds

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
I like the idea of the smuggler's arena being in a special instance in the pirate's house because it allows one to test different powers and ways of playing without using up the time of other players. I also like to use the tower of Moo Manchu this way. I found the last two levels of the tower after one get's ditched after the nefarious five a nice way to test different strategies. I find it fun to see if a level can be defeated in ways nobody thought of yet. It's dull to play the same way every time. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't but that's okay. You can be prepared for specific battles but working like this also gives one a good idea on the type of luck factors to watch out for as well. This could be something like getting the right doubloons or having an effective pet skill succeed at just the right time. To be honest sometimes a simple thing like that can turn the tide.

It would be great if KI would allow the player to replay certain boss battles at a special station in the house so that this could be done. No treasure or anything just a dry run for practice. Also it would be nice if there were difficult dungeons that had to be soloed too. It is not good to go through life with no difficulty. I have found personally that more is learned from failure and taking what one learned from it a more satisfying way to feel success then just a breeze through. Don't allow yourselves to be afraid to try new things here out of fear of being defeated. There is no shame in defeat as long as you learn something from it.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey