Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Attacking Breakable Objects

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 18, 2009
Lately I've been unable to attack breakable objects on the battleboard with regular attacks. The only thing I've been able to break them with has been AOE attacks. When I try to target attacks they don't show up as targets.

This has been happening since the last update.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Adventurous on Nov 16, 2014 wrote:
Lately I've been unable to attack breakable objects on the battleboard with regular attacks. The only thing I've been able to break them with has been AOE attacks. When I try to target attacks they don't show up as targets.

I've noticed this, also. It makes the Pyramid of Fire and the Prawn dungeon that much harder for new pirates.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
I noticed this too just recently. I was farming Tyler in the Mech's Lab and upon my first round of moves, Peter Quint (being my first mate) could directly target a breakable object. However if instead of making a move with Peter, I clicked on my next companion, all of the breakable objects on the battle board were no longer targetable by any crew member....in any round. Also if I clicked on the object to attack it and then clicked back on the crew member that I selected to attack the object, the objects were no longer able to be targeted.

Basically once I made Quint's move or if I skipped over his move to look at another companion's options, the objects were no longer able to be targeted by any companion, by any type of attack--for the rest of the battle. This happened every single farming attempt, so it is at least a consistent and reproducible bug/occurrence.

Lieutenant
Jun 16, 2012
Adventurous on Nov 16, 2014 wrote:

I don't normally attack the breakable objects but I ran into trouble this weekend with the ghost fires on the deck of the Silver Stallion in Cooper's Roost Skyway. Might be more of the same problem.

The darn things were and weren't (mostly weren't) targetable. With the longer those fires are up and the more enemy you have to fight it was painful for some of my companions. Lots ended up with bedrest as I was trying to figure out a pattern of why sometimes I could target but most the time I couldn't. Most I was able to figure out was you had to have a companion target for attack on the very first move of the round (but only one fire could be targeted, next companion would be unable to target another fire). If you changed your mind and switched orders the fire was untargetable. The only thing reliable was area of effect attack. Fortunately I was questing with my privateer so I did have some attacks in that department plus the heals to survive.

It was very frustrating to have melee companions standing next to the fires and couldn't do a darn thing to put them out. I can only imagine how frustrating it would be for a first time player in that fight and not know it wasn't supposed to be like that.

Developer
From Tech: "If a player targets and then untargets an obstacle, you won't be able to target that obstacle until the next round."

This is a known bug, and will be fixed in an upcoming patch.