Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Poll: Ranged or Melee classes?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Apr 30, 2011
Awhile back I did a poll on WSAD against the Arrow Keys, I quite enjoyed it, so I decided to make a new one, seeing which is better: Ranged or Melee. I don't know where to place Privateer, for it does get some magic attacks, like the bombs and such. But it doesn't deal Magical damage, so I think I'll clarify it with Melee. Okay, enough explaining, details do bore me. I'd choose ranged, no pesky Overwatch and Repel boarders!

1. Swashbuckler, Privateer, Buccaneer.
2. Musketeer and Witchdoctor

Jacob

P.S. Yes, I am being bias to my own class, don't tell anyone.. shhh.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
I really cant put a logic to this because I use every class and they each have their own awesome advantages and disadvantages

Logan Sharp lvl 65
Clever Logan Strong lvl 65
Silent Logan Emmet lvl 65
Reckless Logan Bowman lvl 65
Slick Logan Kent lvl 65

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
I prefer the melee pirates.

Witchdoctors are nice, but the Musketeers? Who decided their companions for crying out loud? They all seem to be musketeers!

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2012
Well I like the critical moves of melee classes... then again I like all the critical moves. They're all pretty awesome to watch. I love all the classes, but if I really had to choose on which I prefer in combat would probably be ranged. With my musketeer, I do always tend to have a team of musketeer companions so I could grant them Overwatch or Bust Fire for 3 rounds... They're quite trigger happy. With all the overwatch and bombs in the way, it's quite difficult for enemies to approach us without getting 1/2 to 2/3 of their health gone. Also, since they're not as many ranged enemies compared to melee enemies we don't trigger their First Strike, Repel Boarders (I let them come to me), Riposte, and Vengeance Strike.