Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

i dont like marleybone in pirate101 that much

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 12, 2009
first of all

i just dont like the way how its designed

i thought in pirate101 that isle of dogs would be more fancier
you can see some rich dogs there
but the streets are covered in fog and i dont like it that much

i would rather prefer wizard101's marleybone

mods, please tell me that theres gonna be more skyways in pirate101's MB

-Jordan armstrong. Lvl 57

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
jordan35884 on Sep 21, 2014 wrote:
first of all

Heresy!

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
It seems like it's the industrial revolution there and also the war against the armada. It's dark cold and dirty as a warzone should. But I also would enjoy a free Marleybone.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
first of all

Why, my good sir- I am ashamed and dishonored upon thee to hear this!

Marleybone was, and always will be, my favorite world in both games. Wizard101 had Meowiarty, simple as that. But Pirate101 had the wonderful- in a sad sort of way- islands, which were sort of destroyed (Fetch) and very steampunky (Dogs).
There also appears to be no room for another skyway, and the only place we have left to explore is the bridge. I need to get on that bridge, for... reasons. Makes sense.

Ensign
Dec 31, 2012
I've a feeling that there will be more to Marleybone later with a lighter tone. You can see a couple unused stormgates on the map scattered about.

In my opinion, the Marleybone of Pirate101 was meant to be a lot darker than Wizard101. Like the good Ambassador Downley said, you are heading into a war zone. There isn't a massive war with Valencia going on when you come across Marleybone in Wizard101 -- and a LOSING war at that. The skyway is littered with broken ships and the remnants of Marleybone's royal navy. Beachhead's cannons loom within striking distance of the capital. The Isle of Fetch is a battle zone, evacuated and in shambles. Not to mention, a lot of unrest, a lot of orphans, a lot of underground crime, and both uprisings from the Khurga tigers and the Albionian (Albish?) foxes.

It would have to be a crazy change in the theme of the world to be at first dragging your ship through the dark and gloomy war zone, only for it to suddenly change into shiny sparkly fancy posh upper-class I say everything's dandy spot of tea old chap wot wot Isle of Dogs.

The actual Isle of Dogs it was based on wasn't really an upper-class area in any case. It used to be a very busy harbor in London on the Thames river.

Fair Winds and Following Skies,
~Aeolian Dust~

Bosun
May 10, 2010
What's not to like? Marleybone is amazing. The place is at war, its dark and sinister, there is fog and smoke everywhere. It is a dark time for marleybone as they are at the verge of defeat.

This Marleybone rocks compared to the rooftops of Wizard101, which to me, was such a drag.

We all have our own opinions though.

Ensign
May 19, 2012
first of all

Hello Jordan.

True that Marleybone looks dark and gloomy when visited. But you have to take into consideration
what is going on in that particular time we are there (and who caused it ).
It's war time, dark, bad times for all there. So you can't actually have sunshine and green grass, right?
And theme used to make it was obviously England (London i guess), in time of industrial age boom. Hence the foggy streets.

Btw, i loved one line Ratbeard say in game when we're in sewers, refering to w101 probably: "Could be worse, We could be all hopping on roof tops.." - That made me laugh so much.

Besides, after Marleybone you get to Aquila and you can have all the sunshine you want there.
And monsters, snakes, vultures...oh my...

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
It should also be noted that except for Regeant's Square, you're always on the rooftops in W101's Marleybone. It could well be that street level is foggy.

Ensign
Sep 12, 2009
darkdoombro345 on Sep 21, 2014 wrote:
Why, my good sir- I am ashamed and dishonored upon thee to hear this!

Marleybone was, and always will be, my favorite world in both games. Wizard101 had Meowiarty, simple as that. But Pirate101 had the wonderful- in a sad sort of way- islands, which were sort of destroyed (Fetch) and very steampunky (Dogs).
There also appears to be no room for another skyway, and the only place we have left to explore is the bridge. I need to get on that bridge, for... reasons. Makes sense.
marleybone in wizard101 is my favorite world too

when im bored i usually go there to ride my storm cloud

plus i got every single side quest

its just sad and depressing to see that beautiful world destroyed by the armada in p101

-Jordan Armstrong, Lvl 57

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
jordan35884 on Sep 23, 2014 wrote:
marleybone in wizard101 is my favorite world too

when im bored i usually go there to ride my storm cloud

plus i got every single side quest

its just sad and depressing to see that beautiful world destroyed by the armada in p101

-Jordan Armstrong, Lvl 57

Agreed, agreed... it is sad. But in a happy sort of way. As quoted from my favorite television show in the universe,
"You know what's good about sad things? They're happy for deep people."

Looks like I'm a pretty deep guy. Man.

Petty Officer
Feb 05, 2013
What did you except? When we go to marleybone in wizard101 there not in the middle of a raging war. And marleybone is LOSING the war. Burning ships, rebel foxes, the beacheads cannons looming over the capital, preparing to blow it to smithereens any minute, the immense increase of crime. Well, its bound to not be very posh with sparkly mansions and rich dogs roaming the streets, laughing and talking as they drink a bottle of yum.

Bosun
Apr 26, 2009
You crazy? Marleybone is possibly THE best world in the game at the moment.

The soundtrack and atmosphere is BEAUTIFUL and the story is great, being within the war nd all that..

What is not to like?

Level 65

Lieutenant
Sep 19, 2011
Hmm it seems to me that even as war torn pirate marleybone is it is cleaner and brighter then the wizard one.
Yes a war was started which left flotsam and jetsam floating around the sky way, and poor Fetch with buildings in ruin.
I do remember street sweepers there in marleybone but I think the wizards beat them up to much as they never seemed to work. In wizards Mb was dark dirty and dingy. Thrash floated about the streets and lots of the housing drops were literally trash.
After beating a tough fight I want to get gear a snack or a housing item I can use, not thrash to put in my house. Sure I guess I could have put the discarded tuna cans or crumbled papers about my houses put I didn't want to.
The Mb in Pirates I happen to enjoy much more. The war will be over soon( relatively ) and after we win we can help to rebuild and clean up marleybone and restore it's glory
Fair sailing