Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Nefarious Five Drops

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
What has the Nefarious Five dropped for you? Or Moo Manchu? Please list below what you have received & include stats.
Weapons:
Dragon Axe of Doom ( very lucky that my Buccaneer got this ) - 235 weapon power, Flames of Corruption - target burns for 3 turns. gives the Turn the Tide talent
Novablaster ( my Swashbuckler has it, woe is me ) - 210 weapon power, Novablast 306 , you lose 50% weapon power for 5 turns ( this is an AoE attack ) gives the True Grit talent.

Accessories:
Death's Bargain ( earring ) -Soul Shroud at less than 50% health, drains health to gain 50% of health drained ( warning: I have seen the nefarious swashy use this against his own team, so it may not be wise to use this around friends )
Baron Samedi's Mask - capture defeated souls

Clothes:
Turncoat's Uniform ( I was not impressed by the stats so I stitched it, sorry can't remember the stats )
Turncoat's Cap + 9 magic resistance, increase base agility

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
my swashbuckler has for dragon axes of doom, the nefarious knives, staff, and novablaster, moo manchu's hat, and the masque of lotus. also, the powder keg minigame XD i should really stop farming.

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2013
Well I have the Axe on my Musket and I was lucky enough to get the nefarious staff on my witchdoctor. I also got moo manchu's hat on my Musket it allows you to cast that lava wave.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 21, 2010
2 novablasters nefarious blades rare swashbuckler gear turncoats boots the eyes

what i'm looking for
death's bargain
nefarious staff for ed
masque of the lotus
musket's mustache
buck goatee
not sure about the final 2 though

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Details, mateys, details please! What are the nefarious knives called ( for an example ) , what their stats, etc...

Bosun
May 10, 2010
Sorry mate, the only weapon I have gotten is the Nova Blaster. The drop rate on the weapons for the tower are way too low, even throwing away tons of crowns, I have not gotten anything good.

The loot table is way too big, too many levels, and too rare of a drop rate. Hopefully KI will fix this and allow weapons to be traded, otherwise, I think they will frustrate players more than anything.

Developer
Darth JT on Sep 16, 2014 wrote:
Sorry mate, the only weapon I have gotten is the Nova Blaster. The drop rate on the weapons for the tower are way too low, even throwing away tons of crowns, I have not gotten anything good.

The loot table is way too big, too many levels, and too rare of a drop rate. Hopefully KI will fix this and allow weapons to be traded, otherwise, I think they will frustrate players more than anything.
Welcome to the wonderful and exciting world of Random Number Generation.

The loot table for the Nefarious Five is less than 10 items-- 5 weapons, a couple of custom accessories... I am sure you can count them up.

I don't put Boss Loot on the same table as everything else. It has its own table-- and it's usually a really short table.

So the issue is not that there's tons of other loot "drowning out" the Nefarious Five weapons, it's just that you're not getting anything off that particular loot table.

And before you ask, the drop rate is no lower than any other boss, anywhere in the game. In fact, it's a little bit higher, because defeating the Nefarious Five gives you five rolls on that table.

Come to think of it, you get five rolls on each of their tables:

The Nefarious Five each give you a Rare Item roll (the 2 card items), an Uncommon item roll (the 1 card items), one Furniture roll each, one Boss Loot Roll, and probably a Pet roll each. And I think a straight up Gold loot roll.

It's a very generous loot area. The best in the entire game.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Since the tower opened have you noticed they ran the crowns sale twice? The loot tables allow for them to make money on the second chance chests. Also making the items more rare makes them even more desirable.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Bosun
May 10, 2010
Ratbeard on Sep 16, 2014 wrote:

The loot table for the Nefarious Five is less than 10 items-- 5 weapons, a couple of custom accessories... I am sure you can count them up.

I don't put Boss Loot on the same table as everything else. It has its own table-- and it's usually a really short table.

So the issue is not that there's tons of other loot "drowning out" the Nefarious Five weapons, it's just that you're not getting anything off that particular loot table.

And before you ask, the drop rate is no lower than any other boss, anywhere in the game. In fact, it's a little bit higher, because defeating the Nefarious Five gives you five rolls on that table.

The Nefarious Five each give you a Rare Item roll (the 2 card items), an Uncommon item roll (the 1 card items), one Furniture roll each, one Boss Loot Roll, and probably a Pet roll each. And I think a straight up Gold loot roll.

Wow Ratbeard, that is good to know, of course, my RNG has to be the worst on the planet then, but then again, I am kidding here, with how you feel about me, I am sure there is a special code in there just for my characters... rofl

thanks for the info ratbeard, really appreciate it!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009

OK, Total non programer view question here. In fact the only thing I ever programed was I learned how to make a screen fill up with my name in those ancient computers that showed up in stores in the 80s. Plus I learned some DOS when working for hospital billing departments in the 90s. I knew enough to know that if you forgot a period or a backslash you could really create some havoc, so I dabbled but am basically clueless.

What exactly is a "Roll"? I understand it is a chance to get something as in rolling a dice,for a visual reference. Does that mean there is a chance that we get nothing from this juicy loot table?

I am a visual thinker so I picture these long tables with cool stuff on them and the ghoul from Miranda is standing there to hand me dice to toss to see if I am allowed to take something off that table. If I throw snake eyes do I have to walk away with no loot except for the consolation prize of some gold or maybe some cool doubloons?

Does a roll mean I am guaranteed 'something' off the table but if it isn't a good enough roll I am only allowed to take something from the first row and can't reach back for the good stuff?

I realize I am over simplifying things here but I want to get a mental grasp on this. I get it that if I accomplish a goal I have a chance of some cool stuff. I just wondered how it really worked.

Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
That is a Very generous loot roll I had no idea the dice was rolled 5 times i was wondering how it was possible at times i got 2 pets or weapons or what not. I recall I quit wizard101 cause of the loot rate in the tartarus dungeon I like having the best gear and it was frustrating to the point the one time I only got a rank 3 snack I just quit the game outright. This is Far more appropriate thanks for the great dungeon :) so basically we are fighting the boss once and getting loot we would get if we had fought them 5x in a row

Ensign
Dec 24, 2012
Ok, heres my dilema, I just came back maybe a month ago, I'm working on my then 50 WD, am now at a respectable 62. I've run the towers a few times and was wondering, is it better to hold off to max 65, that way the gear and chest get you the high end or does it matter? Honestly, I'm pretty happy with what I get there at my levels....although I have yet to get anything worth keeping yet. I see that as a farming D.
Thanks to any who post reply

Bosun
May 10, 2010

Okay, I understand RNG and all, but can my RNG be that bad?

I have run the Tower 10 times on my Swashbuckler, 10 times on my Witchdoctor, 6 times on one Musketeer, 5 times on my Buccaneer, 5 times on my Privateer, and 3 times on my other Musketeer and all I have ever gotten as drops are 2 Nefarious blasters?

I have never gotten anything else from these battles and everyone that I know that has gotten a Manchu Staff of Power has gotten it from the second chance chest.

So, is there stuff that can only be gotten through the second chance chests and not as drops from the fight?

Can you please check the coding and math on the drops to make sure it is correct, because even with bad luck, this is depressing. I mean, how many times do you have to do this tower to get anything good, without spending a ton of crowns on the second chance chests?

Speaking of which, many have stated that they don't want think tradable because they think that specific pirate needs to earn it, well, not everyone has a fortune in crowns to spend on each and every pirate, some actually play the game and try to farm for drops, not buy the drops.

Just my 2 cents, please take a loot ratbeard, I will appreciate it.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Today, I received another of the Nef-5 weapons, that makes three of the five I have. Unfortunately, I can't use this one either, lol. However, if the no trade policy changes, my WD will be thrilled to get:

The Nefarious Staff attack style - radius, 190 weapon power, gives Summon Scorpion Swarm ( has anyone ever seen her use this? ) & Jobu's Ruse talent.

Bosun
May 10, 2010
Well, either Ratbeard fixed something, I was taken off of the DO NOT drop for Darth JT list, or my RNG totally changed this weekend! I was thrilled when I finally got the Nefarious 5 staff on my Witchdoctor! It's range bites the dust, but hey, it has great attack power, attacks 9 squares, has jobu's ruse when you miss, and summons 9 awesome and powerful Scorpions that save my hide fighting the Terror-Cotta Warriors as the warriors actually went for the scorpions rather than me for a change.

Then on another run through the tower with my Witchdoctor, I got Moo Manchu's Staff of Power! Now how awesome is this? 195 attack power, range of 4, 9 square attack, Will base increase and Mojo Mastery!!! Woot Woot! Of course, I did not get this one as a drop, but since I won a contest, I had a few crowns to throw away frivolously, so I did the second chance chest and got it on my first try!

I am thrilled...

Now here is a question for good ol Ratbeard, is that Staff of power specific to each class, or is it possible to get that exact same staff on my Privateer?

Developer
Darth JT on Sep 22, 2014 wrote:
Well, either Ratbeard fixed something, I was taken off of the DO NOT drop for Darth JT list, or my RNG totally changed this weekend! I was thrilled when I finally got the Nefarious 5 staff on my Witchdoctor! It's range bites the dust, but hey, it has great attack power, attacks 9 squares, has jobu's ruse when you miss, and summons 9 awesome and powerful Scorpions that save my hide fighting the Terror-Cotta Warriors as the warriors actually went for the scorpions rather than me for a change.

Then on another run through the tower with my Witchdoctor, I got Moo Manchu's Staff of Power! Now how awesome is this? 195 attack power, range of 4, 9 square attack, Will base increase and Mojo Mastery!!! Woot Woot! Of course, I did not get this one as a drop, but since I won a contest, I had a few crowns to throw away frivolously, so I did the second chance chest and got it on my first try!

I am thrilled...

Now here is a question for good ol Ratbeard, is that Staff of power specific to each class, or is it possible to get that exact same staff on my Privateer?
Well, either Ratbeard fixed something, I was taken off of the DO NOT drop for Darth JT list, or my RNG totally changed this weekend!

Yes, I heard your plaintive cries, so I went into the code and changed your account loot settings to HEAD=YES, TUMMY=YES, DIRECTION=CONTRARIWISE.

I gather it worked as intended.

There's only one Staff of Power. It adjusts itself to fit the wielder.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Ratbeard on Sep 22, 2014 wrote:
Well, either Ratbeard fixed something, I was taken off of the DO NOT drop for Darth JT list, or my RNG totally changed this weekend!

Yes, I heard your plaintive cries, so I went into the code and changed your account loot settings to HEAD=YES, TUMMY=YES, DIRECTION=CONTRARIWISE.

I gather it worked as intended.

There's only one Staff of Power. It adjusts itself to fit the wielder.
Brilliant as usual. Thank you for the amazing giggles.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I collected the Turncoat Boots! This gives + 16 dodge ( ! ) and increases your base will. Thanks to these boots, Esperanza's dodge is now a very nice 181!

Gunner's Mate
Nov 14, 2013
Well call me lucky but when I first beat them I got the dragon axe of doom p.s. are they rare

Lieutenant
Dec 02, 2009
I don't worry about the drops I get in these instances I just feel like I can only use one weapon or charm at a time as long as I have fun I don't really care about loot .

Gunner's Mate
Nov 14, 2013
dragonmaster1236 on Sep 24, 2014 wrote:
Well call me lucky but when I first beat them I got the dragon axe of doom p.s. are they rare
Well now I have the nefarious knives and nova blaster death bargains ear ring Baron Samedi's mask and turncoat hat

Ensign
Feb 07, 2009
i got 2 axes at the same time even though i am a musketeer but i guess i was lucky for that but i dont have any other max characters only my musketeer haha.

Ratbeard what do you think of that loot roll? haha