Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

PvP is broken

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 06, 2014
great job kingsisle you've unbalanced pvp now swashbucklers are at the top of the food chain and have almost no equal :/

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
MasterReflex on Aug 16, 2014 wrote:
great job kingsisle you've unbalanced pvp now swashbucklers are at the top of the food chain and have almost no equal :/
I didn't see any posts like this when buccaneers were overpowered. Just wait your turn, it's a cycle in pirate101, plus, the black fog/hiding can be countered with a lot of hard work and farming.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 22, 2011
Or just one easy farm for the pet with Scent 2. Your choice.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
Cant remove hidden, its about the damage not being able to be countered

Gunner's Mate
Jun 22, 2011
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Hidden is finally working as it should, no more loophole to remove that effect: devise a strategy for it, as others have done to counter seemingly 'unstoppable' powers in other classes and companions.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
AlphaWolf02 on Aug 19, 2014 wrote:
But Scent 2 removes hidden...
Terrific, become dependent on pets to win a pvp, what horrible idea, sad thing is thats the only way

Bosun
May 10, 2010
PvP is now broken, what you don't want to strategize and want victories handed to you? Is this what pvp is to you, where you enter pvp and everyone lays down for you so you win? Seriously?

Hidden and Swashbucklers are exactly as they are intended to be, sorry if you don't understand that, but it's the truth. I don't know what class you are playing, because the only class that has any problems in PVP, is still the Buccaneer, who's Heavy Armor (Tanking) ability, means nothing. There is great gear in the packs that gives more light armor than most Buccaneer's get Heavy Armor. The Heavy armor in these packs only give 10 more armor, which is not much of a benefit when it comes to defense, if you ask me, Buccaneers as tanks, should get 2x the armor of any light armor and resistance to boot, but that is my opinion.

Any other class has abilities, attacks, and powers that can 1 shot an opponent. Any and all classes can get the hide feature, including musketeer. Have you seen the damage a hidden musketeer can do with a sniper shot? Not to mention the damage a Witchdoctor can do, without even being hidden. Or the fact that these classes have Multi attacks that do massive damage.

Not sure why people keep complaining rather than fixing their strategy, other than the fact that it is easier to complain than to think.

This truly reminds me of a fortune cookie I got the other day, it said, "The reason most people get headaches, is because people don't often think" How true is that?

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
AlphaWolf02 on Aug 17, 2014 wrote:
Or just one easy farm for the pet with Scent 2. Your choice.
You don't even have to farm for the pet. The Scent ability is now being applied to gear (at least one drops from Fin).

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
zuto4011a on Aug 19, 2014 wrote:
Terrific, become dependent on pets to win a pvp, what horrible idea, sad thing is thats the only way
There is an eyepatch (Fin's Goggles) that drop scent, search it up on central.
Oh and ironic you complain about swashbucklers being op. When you were in your privateer era you really enjoyed it, didnt you?

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
DeathWiz101378 on Aug 20, 2014 wrote:
There is an eyepatch (Fin's Goggles) that drop scent, search it up on central.
Oh and ironic you complain about swashbucklers being op. When you were in your privateer era you really enjoyed it, didnt you?
I agreed zeal being that long was op but YOU yourself admitted to me in game you thought hidden is to op so dont even try that

Lieutenant
Nov 01, 2012
zuto4011a on Aug 20, 2014 wrote:
I agreed zeal being that long was op but YOU yourself admitted to me in game you thought hidden is to op so dont even try that
You are using the phrase op the wrong way... Hi!dden is not op. If you really don't like it, farm Fin. Battle zeal wasn't op either; it was a great power - and still is. But not op.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
ChrisTheSwashy on Aug 20, 2014 wrote:
You are using the phrase op the wrong way... Hi!dden is not op. If you really don't like it, farm Fin. Battle zeal wasn't op either; it was a great power - and still is. But not op.
Well now scent is being removed from fins goggles so now i truly am dependent on pets for any chance against a swashbuckler

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
zuto4011a on Aug 23, 2014 wrote:
Well now scent is being removed from fins goggles so now i truly am dependent on pets for any chance against a swashbuckler
"Fear is the enemy" Dune. Because you're afraid of this power, you won't even attempt to find a strategy? You concede defeat without trying?

Ensign
Oct 08, 2012
Ha! Swashbucklers at the top of the food chain? Really? You need some new glasses, no offense man, but Buccaneers are still OP, due to the fact that I have a chest full of mega scent 2 pets and more. Besides I can easily eliminate a swashbuckler in a couple of hits, due to the fact they almost have no health at all and they cowardly hide behind their shadows and such. Don't complain about PVP, it's not advanced yet man. Cheers mate.

Bosun
May 10, 2010
PvP is not broken, pvp is fine, it is the attitude of the players that is broken apparently.

PvP I thought was about challenge and being the best, is it not?

So accept the challenge of change, accept the challenge of new things, new gear, new talents, and FIXED talents!

Accept the challenge of designing a new strategy and being better than you are, stop the complaints, or is PVP more about complaining than anything?

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
anecorbie on Aug 23, 2014 wrote:
"Fear is the enemy" Dune. Because you're afraid of this power, you won't even attempt to find a strategy? You concede defeat without trying?
Whos said i havent tried, its because i have that i have this point of view, your a pve player, join the pvp community and stay awhile then youll see where im coming from

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I only PvP with friends in private 1v1 situations, I've had too many unpleasant experiences from rude and arrogant players who exclusively do PvP! Many people have already offered you advice and tactics, but it seems you just blow them off, because of course, they don't know as much as you.

Lieutenant
May 09, 2013
I don't think it's swashbucklers who are op now, I think it's ALL classes. When this next update goes live, witchdoctors will have at least FOUR mojo reavers. Musketeers will have enough bombs to cover the entire pvp field. Buccaneers will have over five critical strike cards that will trigger their now improved blade storm. Privateers will have enough revives to heal all their companions from 25% to full twice over. What's happening now is that pvp is more about who can strike first and less about out-lasting your opponent. True, there will now be fifteen turn-long wait-outs to see who runs out of hidden cards first, but I think after the hidden hype is over, people will start to rely more on their own powers and find their true potential. Remember swashes only have ONE black fog. So the only real waiting out you have to do is during the black fog. Any of the classes can then take a hit from walk in darkness.

If there are changes to be made, I think all classes, both companions and characters, need a little more health to balance out the OP in all the classes.

And as Ratbeard said, Swashbucklers are working the way they are supposed to: a bundle of high damage against other classes. I think privateers are now working the way they are supposed to as well now: more fortresses and heals, less assassin's strikes for them. Now, the only class that seems a bit out of role is the buccaneer. Although balanced better now, the buccaneer has taken on more of an offensive role and less of a tank-type role, although I'm completely fine with that :P.

For all those who play official pirate101 central PVP matches, I think the best answer to this update is to update the rules. 1 Valor's shield, 1 Valor's fortress no longer cuts it. I propose that central allow more of them for all classes, especially privateers, to encourage more people to back off on the hiddens and start protecting themselves more. In fact, I see no reason why we can't remove ALL banns on protection buffs.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
bluba4 on Aug 25, 2014 wrote:
I don't think it's swashbucklers who are op now, I think it's ALL classes. When this next update goes live, witchdoctors will have at least FOUR mojo reavers. Musketeers will have enough bombs to cover the entire pvp field. Buccaneers will have over five critical strike cards that will trigger their now improved blade storm. Privateers will have enough revives to heal all their companions from 25% to full twice over. What's happening now is that pvp is more about who can strike first and less about out-lasting your opponent. True, there will now be fifteen turn-long wait-outs to see who runs out of hidden cards first, but I think after the hidden hype is over, people will start to rely more on their own powers and find their true potential. Remember swashes only have ONE black fog. So the only real waiting out you have to do is during the black fog. Any of the classes can then take a hit from walk in darkness.

If there are changes to be made, I think all classes, both companions and characters, need a little more health to balance out the OP in all the classes.

And as Ratbeard said, Swashbucklers are working the way they are supposed to: a bundle of high damage against other classes. I think privateers are now working the way they are supposed to as well now: more fortresses and heals, less assassin's strikes for them. Now, the only class that seems a bit out of role is the buccaneer. Although balanced better now, the buccaneer has taken on more of an offensive role and less of a tank-type role, although I'm completely fine with that :P.

For all those who play official pirate101 central PVP matches, I think the best answer to this update is to update the rules. 1 Valor's shield, 1 Valor's fortress no longer cuts it. I propose that central allow more of them for all classes, especially privateers, to encourage more people to back off on the hiddens and start protecting themselves more. In fact, I see no reason why we can't remove ALL banns on protection buffs.
I agree on central, we need more shields and different rules

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
MasterReflex on Aug 16, 2014 wrote:
Dude...if you think Swashbucklers are at the top, you're not playing your Buccaneer right. From the very beginning Swashbucklers have been at a disadvantage. You have to have flawless strategy and execution if you want to even stand a CHANCE as a Swashbuckler. The update will help Swashbucklers a little with the Hidden power, but it also says that Blade Storm, Double Tap and Mojo Rising etc. will trigger whenever the respective classes critical instead of just when they defeat an enemy which effectively cancels the benefit we would gain from the Hidden fix. Swashbuckler is the hardest class to win with in pvp...not the easiest.

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
WyvernBlaze on Aug 24, 2014 wrote:
Ha! Swashbucklers at the top of the food chain? Really? You need some new glasses, no offense man, but Buccaneers are still OP, due to the fact that I have a chest full of mega scent 2 pets and more. Besides I can easily eliminate a swashbuckler in a couple of hits, due to the fact they almost have no health at all and they cowardly hide behind their shadows and such. Don't complain about PVP, it's not advanced yet man. Cheers mate.
I agree that Buccaneers are the top class for pvp now. What I don't agree with is your statement that you can 'easily' eliminate a Swashbuckler. Nobody...regardless of what class they are...can easily eliminate my Swashbuckler. I am farmed to the teeth dude and I fear no one. I have the skulls of many Buccaneers on my mantle as trophies. I do look forward to the day when ranked pvp comes to P101, though. Swashbuckler is the hardest class to win with so before you start bragging about your pvp skills, try making a Swashbuckler and then go pvp. If you can win as a Swashbuckler...then you have accomplished something. Any beginner can win with a Buccaneer.

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
zuto4011a on Aug 19, 2014 wrote:
Cant remove hidden, its about the damage not being able to be countered
I am hoping that when they refer to fixing Hidden so that it is no loner removed, they mean that you will no loner take damage and lose it when you get blanketed with bombs or other multi-target attacks. If that's the case then Swashbucklers will finally have a much needed boost in pvp. It's been a long time coming.